What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Sheens relieved of coaching duties

Patorick

Staff member
435230-brian-smith.jpg

CrazyTiger

Juniors
i reckon it's the JV that's imploding.

Balmain are contributing their 'tiger' brand, and also, their large base of supporters to the venture, but financially, they're an anvil keeping the venture down.

It's all good when they're playing well and making finals as crowds come to the games, gate receipts increase, they're getting promotion and increases in the value of their partners sponsorship.

Poor seasons really expose the lack of funding from the Balmain side required to operate the venture. Decisions and strategies have to be put on hold and are determined on Balmain's ability to cough up their part of the necessary cash.

How long do we give it before tensions on the board ramp up to a point that the JV becomes unworkable? Could Western Suburbs go it alone financially and supporter wise?

Would the NRL award the license elsewhere - to Perth or Brisbane - instead?

Chicken Little?

clutch

Ta tah Rugby League for me if that happens.
no doubt. and many others too.

The Balmain Tigers contribute a few fans as well...
That's what I wrote. Balmain provide the 'Tiger' brand, and probably a majority of supporters to the venture. This might be a reason as to why Western Suburbs have been patient with them with regard to the hold ups in funding. However, both sides went into the venture as 50/50 financial contributors and although Balmain are providing the two benefits listed above, Western Suburbs have cash and the junior nursery. So how much longer can Balmain's financial woes continue to bog down the venture?

Chicken Little?

Perhaps, but down the track if things with Balmain financially don't improve, the joint venture's future and options for its participants will hinge on the ARLC's overall strategy for the competition and the game. This itself may determine the JVs survival.

So they don't want to pay him out so they just give him some other job and pretend its important. Fair enough I guess. If he wants to leave to do a proper job he has to forego a payout.

Stagger Lee

Bench
It seems that they are backing Tim Sheens into a corner hoping that he will walk rather than pay him what was promised under his contract.

The Wests board are really becoming as dodgy as Tinkler and Titans

Hanscholo

Bench
The modern game has left Sheens well behind. f**king around with scrums and having ball playing second rowers was great in the 1990s. Now its no substitute for physical domination and the tigers get manhandled. Smart clubs are putting everything into getting a dominating front row and a tough second row.

The modern game has left Sheens well behind. f**king around with scrums and having ball playing second rowers was great in the 1990s. Now its no substitute for physical domination and the tigers get manhandled. Smart clubs are putting everything into getting a dominating front row and a tough second row.

Sheens has tried to be so different in his tactics that it is predictable. Going blind side on every scrum won't catch anyone by surprise. We used to destroy teams with our attack, this year it was just a few hit ups a few spreads and a bomb every set. All the talk about Gibbs and Fifita missing is one thing, but the biggest loss was Lui (although he was rightfully let go).

We've got a good base for a new coach to build on though, both our NSW Cup and Toyota Cup teams are in the grand finals and we have plenty of talent in our NRL side.

Billythekid

First Grade
I think some people are being to harsh on him and expecting to much of his replacement. Sheens was the last coach besides the big 3 to win a premiership. He also had his team go pretty damn close in 2010 and look not far off in 2011. I realise they underperformed this year but he did get them to a position to be favourites (and a big part of their struggle was injuries).

Every NRL team wants to win a premiership but as far as i can tell no one else is really getting any closer than Sheens (besides the big 3 coaches).

Frankly if the same critiscms that were being applied to Sheens were applied to every coach they would basically all be sh*t. I'm not convinced that picking up some teams assistant coach will suddenly make the tigers a better team (how many teams have tried that recently and failed?).

Front-Rower

First Grade
I think some people are being to harsh on him and expecting to much of his replacement. Sheens was the last coach besides the big 3 to win a premiership. He also had his team go pretty damn close in 2010 and look not far off in 2011. I realise they underperformed this year but he did get them to a position to be favourites (and a big part of their struggle was injuries).

Every NRL team wants to win a premiership but as far as i can tell no one else is really getting any closer than Sheens (besides the big 3 coaches).

Frankly if the same critiscms that were being applied to Sheens were applied to every coach they would basically all be sh*t. I'm not convinced that picking up some teams assistant coach will suddenly make the tigers a better team (how many teams have tried that recently and failed?).

2006-2009 were dreadful, painful years. He should of walked at the end of 2007 at worst 2008. 2 good years in the 7 since we won the comp doesn't give him a free ride to go on.

Billythekid

First Grade
2006-2009 were dreadful, painful years. He should of walked at the end of 2007 at worst 2008. 2 good years in the 7 since we won the comp doesn't give him a free ride to go on.

As opposed to who? Who will the tigers be picking up that will give them a better chance of winning a premiership?

innsaneink

Referee
As opposed to who? Who will the tigers be picking up that will give them a better chance of winning a premiership?

Probably anyone

What other coach loses a fullback in round one, and the proceeds to shuffle the half/five eight combo nine times over the next 20 odd weeks as a result of it?

Hes lost the plot

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Probably anyone

What other coach loses a fullback in round one, and the proceeds to shuffle the half/five eight combo nine times over the next 20 odd weeks as a result of it?

Hes lost the plot

Well he is gone now, so we will see if the self appointed experts on LU are right. I
hope they are, and I hope you won't be joining the chorus of whingers if things
go bad because they have run him out of the club without finding a decent replacement
first.

Don't go blaming humphreys if you start whining about the coach will you.

innsaneink

Referee
Well he is gone now, so we will see if the self appointed experts on LU are right. I
hope they are, and I hope you won't be joining the chorus of whingers if things
go bad
because they have run him out of the club without finding a decent replacement
first.

Don't go blaming humphreys if you start whining about the coach will you.

LMAO

"If things GO bad"

You speak as if they havent yet

Humpty is just as bad, a liar with no integrity, no passion and no idea on running a football club

Well no actually and that's the problem.

Yes actually.
There is a rotten culture that needs changing before we can even think about a premiership.
Try knowing a bit about what youre discussing

CrazyTiger

Juniors
LMAO

"If things GO bad"

You speak as if they havent yet

Humpty is just as bad, a liar with no integrity, no passion and no idea on running a football club

Yes actually.
There is a rotten culture that needs changing before we can even think about a premiership.
Try knowing a bit about what youre discussing
You wanted Sheens gone, he is gone. Enough of the chicken little stuff.

It will be interesting to see who is coach, and see if he goes with Moltzen, and
sticks with Moltzen at 7. You are about to find out if Tim Sheens is singularly
as bad as you say.