What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tim smith in the poo again?

borat

Bench
The Colonel said:
He was told he was facing a ten thousand dollar fine and his contract could be in jeopardy.

If I were told my job could be in jeopardy I would take it pretty seriously. Fitzgerald made a threat and Tim has taken no notice. For a club which has had its fair share of alcohol related incidents this year Fitzy might decide he needs to set an example ala the Broncos.

taxidriver said:
happened at the Intersection at Ramsgate and it's all on CCTV.

Parra has just sent an official down to review the tape.

Eric Grothe was also implicated

Crikey, thats my usual drinking location when out.

First I've heard of any celebs being there!

The Colonel

Immortal
borat said:
If I were told my job could be in jeopardy I would take it pretty seriously. Fitzgerald made a threat and Tim has taken no notice. For a club which has had its fair share of alcohol related incidents this year Fitzy might decide he needs to set an example ala the Broncos.

Allegedly taken no notice. We'll see what happens shortly I suppose.... ;-)

mickdo

Coach
Dummy Spit Johns said:
That was so last year pal, West tigers won last year and look where they are
I'm certainly not saying he is the best player we've ever seen, but to say he is sh*t when he obviously has runs on the board is a bit harsh

borat

Bench
You would think after all the trouble and public scrutiny Smith has had this year he would prefer to pick up a slab and open a phonetab account.

Must love the pokies to much, maybe Parra ought to buy one for his home.

Leagueguy

Juniors
i say he should be sacked by the eels, forced to go into rehab for a few weeks, come out and sign with the broncos once he's all sobered up

I realize your just joking around, but could Brisbane actually sign him? I don't know if they can kick seymour and costigan out then sign someone doing exactly the same thing.

Bicey_18

Bench
Smith and Grothe in trouble again
Written by: League news
18/08/2006
Parramatta rugby league halfback Tim Smith is at risk of being sacked by the NRL club after allegedly being thrown out of a pub for drunken behaviour last night.

Smith was warned by the club in June that he would be fined $10,000 and his contract would be in jeopardy if he was caught drinking again after several alcohol-related incidents. Macquarie Radio is reporting that Smith was allegedly refused service and kicked out of a pub last night along with teammate Eric Grothe.

Smith was fined $1,000 by the club for a drunken scuffle with Test cricketer Michael Clarke at a pub in Cronulla in June and agreed not to drink for the rest of the season. He had turned up to training affected by alcohol on May 15, the same day Brian Smith quit the club as coach.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=11809

Cammo

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
But I'm waiting untul someone with more credibility then Ray Hadley says something before condeming any players.

Me too. Innocent until proven guilty

borat

Bench
borat said:

I'm not climbing up on my soapbox by any means. I love a beer as much as the next bloke, almost as much as the parra 1 to 17. But if you were threatened to be sacked and possibly your career ruined you would think its time to have a red hot look at himself.

Surely its not that hard to stay away from Pubs and nightclubs for a few months till the season end ffs?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Bicey_18 said:
Smith and Grothe in trouble again
Written by: League news
18/08/2006
Parramatta rugby league halfback Tim Smith is at risk of being sacked by the NRL club after allegedly being thrown out of a pub for drunken behaviour last night.

Smith was warned by the club in June that he would be fined $10,000 and his contract would be in jeopardy if he was caught drinking again after several alcohol-related incidents. Macquarie Radio is reporting that Smith was allegedly refused service and kicked out of a pub last night along with teammate Eric Grothe.

Smith was fined $1,000 by the club for a drunken scuffle with Test cricketer Michael Clarke at a pub in Cronulla in June and agreed not to drink for the rest of the season. He had turned up to training affected by alcohol on May 15, the same day Brian Smith quit the club as coach.

Yeah thats a REAL credibile source

Sacrasm machine turned off.

hahahahahahahahahahahha :lol: :lol: :lol:

taxidriver

Coach
Originally Posted by Hurriflatch
But I'm waiting untul someone with more credibility then Ray Hadley says something before condeming any players.

Me too. Innocent until proven guilty

the manager of the hotel isn't credible enough for you ?

taxidriver

Coach
he verified they were pissed enough to be asked to leave (that in itself contravenes the warning from the club)

he didn't want to comment on what they did before being asked to leave.

if they had done nothing, why would he refuse to comment ?

Cammo

Bench
taxidriver said:

I agree with that, it's not a good look. If they did nothing wrong then he surely wouldn't have a problem saying so.

The Colonel

Immortal
taxidriver said:
he verified they were pissed enough to be asked to leave (that in itself contravenes the warning from the club)

he didn't want to comment on what they did before being asked to leave.

Possibly he was asked by the Parramatta Eels not to until they had spoken with him? Could be a few reasons......

ibeme

First Grade
taxidriver said:

It may be that they're still trying to determine exactly what happened, who was at fault if anyone, rather than speculate on what they think happened. There's obviously no speculation over whether or not they were asked to leave, but the rest may not be so clear.

taxidriver

Coach
hurri.

the manager said they were asked to leave under the responsible serving of alcohol act.

that's the fact

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well if speculation is not allwoed then this entire thread should be removed as it's all speculation.

Some people are specluating that Tim misbehaved
Others are speculating that Tim did nothing

While should only 1 form of specluation be banned?

Latest posts