What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith: Rate him AFTER the game

great first half, cool head, controlled game. looks promising for coming week(s) - if the rest of them can sort 'emselves out that is.

He went MIA in the second half imo. hes partly to blame for this, probably should have injected himself more. but the rest of the team is also to blame; there were many occasions i noticed that he was set for a play and the ball went the wrong way, or someone decided to be a hero and go themself, only to knock on or throw a sh*tty pass.

your thoughts.....

oneguy

Juniors
exactly my thoughts - good 1st half, MIA in 2nd half.

good to see that he still had the touch with his kicks.

That run will do him good next week - assuming he pulled up OK

Eelectrica

Referee
2nd half was so frustrating to watch. Tim Smith can't be held entirely to blame.
We had stupid off loads. John Morris kicking straight from a scrum.
It didn't seem like we had much possession and anytime we did, someone managed to screw it up. The effort was their, but just lacking execution.
I agree with Phil Gould when he said we've run out of gas.

Might sound silly, but maybe finishing 8th might be the best thing for us as that game is on Sunday. The extra couple of days between games might give the team a chance to be as fresh as possible.

Angry_eel

First Grade
if there are no forwards who'll go forward a halfback can't pull a win out of his ass. He played well, good kicking i though he was quite promising.

eelusion

Juniors
Smith cannot be held accountable for the loss. I mean the whole team did crap in the second half. One positive that can come out of the loss is that we vs storm. If we can beat the storm, then we are contenders for the title.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Could be coincidence but could the second half drop off from Tim be because our fowards were worn out too quickly? I'd like to have seen him play behind a dominant pack for 80.

Good first run back from injury though.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Great game, blinder actually, he couldn't do anything the second half as we were always runing out from our 20 and licking from our 40, what could he do?

How many halves are so tentitive after such an injury

Awaits the moronic responses of the minority

sooperdooper

First Grade
good first half... played smart and did his job! made good decisions!
2nd half there was nothing from the TEAM
however i do like to be the underdog and looking forward to next week!
Sure the storm have won the MP but i think we can crack em

It comes down to Forwards and we have none. Cowboys were justoo big too strong we were stuck in our 20. 1st half Tim was really good. but unfortunately he and other halfs are dependant on Forward power.

Avenger

Immortal
Timmy played Ok but I think that there has never been a halfback that makes less individual metres then him.

He made 4 metres tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scottyeel

Bench
Avenger said:
Timmy played Ok but I think that there has never been a halfback that makes less individual metres then him.

But how many metres with 3 drop outs he got us in a row? He was great in the 1st half but had nothing to work with in the 2nd half. I can't wait til next year when he's working behind a full forward pack again .

lucablight

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
It comes down to Forwards and we have none. Cowboys were justoo big too strong we were stuck in our 20. 1st half Tim was really good. but unfortunately he and other halfs are dependant on Forward power.

Which halfback isn't?

Avenger said:

As long as he sets up trys mate... I dont care if he runs backwards. Halfback depend on forwards for some room. All we have are Locks and light weight 2nd rowers. If it were a game of Touch we'd win it for sure.

Avenger

Immortal
Jake and Ron.

I reckon he played well in the first half. He is twice the player Jeremy Smith is. I just wish he was a little nippier and a tad faster.

I hear that lower grade halfback (that we signed) Moloney is just that.