What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timana Tahu out, Joel Monaghan in for State of Origin II

Haynzy

First Grade
I hope you're not getting upset about an innocuous comment on an internet forum Pete ;-)

Forty20

First Grade
smiley_abku.gif

Pass the popcorn over and I'll give you some M&M's. Screw paying $20 to go see a movie!

In regards to the news, my initial feeling is that given that Johns is a total f**kwit, what he said probably WAS that bad. Without incontravertable proof though all we can do is speculate and in a ways be happy that T will be fit and healthy come Monday week ready to tear Newcastle a new one.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I fair dinkum have no idea what Pete's on about...but I've obviously hit raw nerve some where.

parra pete

Referee
I made an assumption pete, just like you did regarding the Tahu and Joey situation..

now!!! who needs to harden up....this is ridiculous :crazy:

Funny assumption to make. I THOUGHT my conversations with the CRL were confidential, you have given me second thoughts, and if they have been leaked to you I would be very disappointed. VERY VERY disappointed.
My assumption on Tahu is completely different to the accusation and attempt to ridicule me for promoting Rugby League in the bush, on the assumption of how matters between my Club and the CRL are handled.
Judging by your comment, private phone calls are subject to 'pub discussions'...otherwise how would you know???
I might be naive Stagger, but I am not stupid - don't think that for a moment.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Funny assumption to make. I THOUGHT my conversations with the CRL were confidential, you have given me second thoughts, and if they have been leaked to you I would be very disappointed. VERY VERY disappointed.
My assumption on Tahu is completely different to the accusation and attempt to ridicule me for promoting Rugby League in the bush, on the assumption of how matters between my Club and the CRL are handled.
Judging by your comment, private phone calls are subject to 'pub discussions'...otherwise how would you know???

what a load of f**king bullsh*t...are you calling me a liar???

A friend of mine works at the CRL both you and I know who that is but I've never had a conversation to her about you nor have I ever been privy to any conversation you had with them...

can I make it clearer??

I was making an assumption!! based on your opinions on your dealings with the CRL "pie in the sky stuff" heck...I even know why the name originated :lol:

all based on what's been said here..

NRL Girl

Juniors
2GB while talking to Osbourne suggested that they have heard that Johns' comment was of a racial nature. Johns apparently made the comments on Thursday night.

Paul Osbourne responded with "No comment"

Nikki

Coach

Trust me Pete, your discussions with the CRL are not up for "pub discussion" as the group you are refering to really dont give a sh*t about what you have to say. There are better things for us to talk about!

Stagger eel

Staff member
honestly, I'm not silly enough to put a friend of mine in a compromising position like this nor was even thinking about her at the time I made the remark which was merely a subtle dig a Pete...

for that, I apologise Pete if you thought otherwise...and i'll choose my words more carefully in the future.

TheParraboy

Staff member
2GB while talking to Osbourne suggested that they have heard that Johns' comment was of a racial nature. Johns apparently made the comments on Thursday night.

Paul Osbourne responded with "No comment"

Interesting, If it was of a racial nature, youd think someone like Tahu wouldnt just run away from it. If anything Johns should step down or be sacked

The blues bonding is going real well, Qld watch out :sarcasm:

spartan2153

Juniors
I want to know what everyones opinion would be if this was not a player from parramatta. We would hear everyone say soft, cat, baby & so on.

Lets be clear here. He walked out on his team mates. He ddnt even want to speak to johns & clarify what was said. Its sounds like diva action to me. He is lucky to be playing state of origin let alone walk out on the camp.

I am still happy but because it means he will be fresh for parra & also johns might get the axe & we can bring in sterlo to be a halves coach

yy_cheng

Coach
Maybe Johns was texting Tahu's wife or sharing a hot tub whilst he was at training. Just speculation on my part.

There was a soccer player who pulled out of the england side because a team mate slept with his wife.

Nikki

Coach
From what I know of Timana, he is a very reserved person. Im sure, knowing of the long standing relationship between T and Joey he would have asked Joey to pull his head in if he was getting out of line. Knowing Joeys reputation, he thinks he's God and probably didnt. No matter how much you are getting paid, you need to be treated with respect in the workplace.

-Gurueel-

Juniors
i love Tahu, have always thought he is an awesome athlete.

but since coming back to league, something seems a bit off kilter. I 'm enjoying his intensity, it's fantastic..............but its almost like he's on the angry pills all the time.

Maybe Johns was texting Tahu's wife or sharing a hot tub whilst he was at training. Just speculation on my part.

There was a soccer player who pulled out of the england side because a team mate slept with his wife.
Yes and the perpertrator was the England captain and still is.
How he is still the captain is beyond me.