What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for a clean out ??

Micistm

Bench
Mic, I think the weak as piss capitulation on Saturday said it all about the players. Tony Iro has nutured a bunch of those blokes and they wouldn't do it for him.

Yeah...yet he still stuck up for them, 'boys tried hard' stuff. Too much matey matey going on at this club not enough get your ****ing arse into gear.
If they can't give their all to see Luck go on a winning note after his years of service, they're gutless wimps. Seriously. They can lose, but down in a blaze of glory-give their all. Anything less would be a disgust tbh

vvvrulz

Coach
I didn't see the whole game, but did at least the likes of Martel and Maloney give it a proper shot as they do every week?

what ever

Juniors
Mic, I think the weak as piss capitulation on Saturday said it all about the players. Tony Iro has nutured a bunch of those blokes and they wouldn't do it for him.

Nutured??

yeah Ben, Rusty, Bill, Stevie from the under 20's. And from what we saw of Tony in 2011 in the changing rooms with Ivan and how they were both really involved in the talks at half time, and then see Tony this year - right back not saying anything, or not allowed. Give Tony a chance!

what ever

Juniors
Brown yes, but Maloney is one of the few guys that puts in 100% every week. Compare his missed tackles to Johnson's can't be f***d making tackles attitude.

Johnson hasn't changed one bit from the U20's frustrating:x But can always found the camera - actually it is quite funny watching it. Nothing said at the end of the field then he can see the camera on him and he makes out he is telling the boys what to do - what a joke. He certainly knows the game of hide and seek, he just knows how to hide alot more than the other.

Yeah I do believe he will be a good/great player one day...... just frustrating:( And he really needs to harden up. Luck show him your scares and tell him how many times you stayed on.

tangalife

Juniors
Johnson is NOT a footballer.

He's a touch player whose bulked up. He has tons of natural abillity... when he has a good coach behind him and is given the proper role in the team he will prosper. ATM he still plays like he weighs 68kg.

Maloney on the other hand, classic footballer.

what ever

Juniors
Johnson is NOT a footballer.

He's a touch player whose bulked up. He has tons of natural abillity... when he has a good coach behind him and is given the proper role in the team he will prosper. ATM he still plays like he weighs 68kg.

Maloney on the other hand, classic footballer.

okay so far Johnson has had
Ackland
Cleary
Bluey
and the help of Andrew Johns

Maloney plays with passion, and he is there to win. I will miss watching him playing for the warriors

Aragorn

First Grade
Johnson is still getting use to his size and bulk. He was a skinny little chinamen only a couple of years ago.

I think he needs to shed a few kilo's in the offseason.

Skinner

Coach
Nutured??

yeah Ben, Rusty, Bill, Stevie from the under 20's. And from what we saw of Tony in 2011 in the changing rooms with Ivan and how they were both really involved in the talks at half time, and then see Tony this year - right back not saying anything, or not allowed. Give Tony a chance!

Mate, Tony has been around a lot longer than his Wockers gig. He has been around and involved in NJC and all sorts of Elite teams around New Zealand, Bartercard, whatever.....he knows these players well.

Yes..............nurtured.

I'm sure that some of you blokes really believe that Rugby League begins and ends with the Warriors.....thank christ it doesn't

Rich102

Staff member
I didn't see the whole game, but did at least the likes of Martel and Maloney give it a proper shot as they do every week?
Yeah. Maloney put in again and his kicking was good. Martel is getting really pissed off. Would hate to see him leave,

vvvrulz

Coach
Martel is getting really pissed off. Would hate to see him leave,

Cheers Rich, would be a real shame if he left on the back of what looks like just a rubbish attitude from Johnson.

Its been on for a few weeks now, the vibe I get is that Martel is trying to set up those around him while SJ does whatever the f* he wants. No co-ordination at all between those two and Maloney, when potentially those three should be a magic combination.

Blair

Coach
...Its been on for a few weeks now, the vibe I get is that Martel is trying to set up those around him while SJ does whatever the f* he wants. No co-ordination at all between those two and Maloney, when potentially those three should be a magic combination.

Mateo's the senior player, can't he clip the princess around the ear? Since Price and Luck have moved on is there anything called 'senior leadership' at our club?

Another thing, we rushed to resign Johnson last year when he was a sensation. I wish his contract was up for renewal now. Still like to keep him but he might have received a little less.

Last edited:

Micistm

Bench
Good to see him dropped, IMO will do him good.

Yes, I'd like him to stay obviously, because the potential is massive without question. To quote Darth though, the force is with him but he is not a Jedi yet

Izz

Bench

Yes, I'd like him to stay obviously, because the potential is massive without question. To quote Darth though, the force is with him but he is not a Jedi yet
He's quite a lot like Anakin from the prequels, now that i think about it.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Johnson is still getting use to his size and bulk. He was a skinny little chinamen only a couple of years ago.

I think he needs to shed a few kilo's in the offseason.

Yeah. Then he'll be getting run over like a possum on a rural road. Nice one, Stephen.

what ever

Juniors

Yip agree with you. I only wish they had done it to him about 10 weeks ago to make him wake up and see if he doesn't want to do the work there are others putting their hand up. But i don't think he will care ... the season finished for Warriors. I am curious if he will play for the Vulcans or if he gets a sore ankle or similar problem develops.

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
With all this talk about a new coach and money being left in the salary cap I wouldn't mind us having a a red hot go for isaac Luke in the next couple of years as friendy starts to wind down.

Having said that i have no knowledge of lukes contract situation wit souths but IMO would be a good move if both parties got on the same page.

Last edited:

Latest posts