What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for FFB users to lift their game

Risa

Bench
I'm guilty of not really starting many topics. I usually come here & check out the topics and everything but not reply much. I only reply if I have something useful to say lol.

Rise Against

everytime we start a thread ur always coming in saying worst thread ever and then u have ur amigos takin the piss out of it so whats the use?

astrogirl

First Grade
Rise Against said:
everytime we start a thread ur always coming in saying worst thread ever and then u have ur amigos takin the piss out of it so whats the use?
I am not a fan of this "worst thread ever comment". I think that a lot of the time it's unnecessarily derisive.

I've been ducking into this section of the forum for a little while, and I have to agree with CH - to me the FFB has always been like this. By that I mean:

~ threads are started with good intentions but they degenerate after a poster or two make remarks that don't add anything
~ people bag each other
~ people talk in "young people talk" that oldies like me totally don't understand

I'm not sure how to articulate this, but the tone of this forum is generally quite young and not that positive.

And I don't newcomers would feel that comfortable here. I don't think that newcomers or infrequent posters should be bagged. Shouldn't they be encouraged to come out of their shell, instead of chased away due to negative remarks made about them?

Also, I don't think there's much point lamenting those posters who don't post so much anymore. Myabe they have gone, but maybe they'll be back - you never know...

Godz Illa

Coach
Rise Against said:
astrogirl said:
I am not a fan of this "worst thread ever comment". I think that a lot of the time it's unnecessarily derisive.
Two observations here that I wholeheartedly agree with. Perhaps, RJ, before you cast the first stone, you need to hold a mirror in front of your face - for reasons other than vanity. Perhaps it is you who should lift their game. People in glass houses etc etc

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its a fair call

We have alot of new posters who are finding their way.

It tends to go in cycles, sometimes you are damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Starting new threads that appeals to everyone can be difficult, and yet some threads have no significance, and get hijacked and go on forever.

Alot of the game threads have been deleted, except for the P.A.Y. The music and entertainment threads have been moved.

Personally I think some guys spend too much time here. If its boring, move on.

astrogirl

First Grade
Feez_Giggles said:
I"m only new :oops: i'm sawee
Don't be sorry feez!!!

That's what I was trying to say earlier - newbs should not feel bad, or like a subspecies.

I may be wrong but I suspect that there might be some slighly territorial ppl on this forum!

Rise Against

Godz Illa said:
Rise Against said:
astrogirl said:
Two observations here that I wholeheartedly agree with. Perhaps, RJ, before you cast the first stone, you need to hold a mirror in front of your face - for reasons other than vanity. Perhaps it is you who should lift their game. People in glass houses etc etc

here is a man with class. I agree

In DiG's opinion all forums need role-players. We have the absolute star posters, which DiG wont make a list of cos DiG's not all about self-glorification. Then there's the role posters who help keep shit moving. Even if it's just a simple "lol" it might keep a tight thread at the top of the forum. They may not ever make a thread of thier own but they serve thier purpose. Then there's the lurkers. lol @ them.

The person above you & superthread's do need to be deleted entirely though. They're just polluting to the atmosphere.

I think the overzealous moderating is hurting this forum more than anything else.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Superthread must stay
it looks the part, some threads look out of place, look boring and generally not FFB material, with all the drama and what not that has gone on within and about the Superthreads the FFB would just simply not be the same without it

It is part of the FFB culture, deleting it would be equivilent to the japaneese not eating shit loads of rise or the lebeneese not enjoying a Kabab every so often

astrogirl

First Grade
I don't think any threads should be deleted either.

However I am one poster who wouldn't mind if this section of the forum evolved into something a little more positive, friendly, conversational and welcoming.

Not that it isn't those things already but that's just what I like.

But obviously that's just the opinion of one person - me :D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
WORST THREAD EVER is something introduced to try and help this forum, it is very popular and i have recieved it aswell, so it works both ways which i'm more then happy about.

Rise against the machines??.......who are you anyway??, one of those posters that have been here a while and i've yet to notice?? :lol:

My game is fine Illa, always has been and always will, once my pm box stops recieving pm then i guess i will, but i'm as popular as ever and my threads with Half & FI are the funniest here, disagree all you like but i know for a fact that when we're not here....the forum is a ghost town with nothing to offer!!!

Astro girl, don't care about your opinion, no disrespect, but this has been my style from rleague and it is just as popular here as it was at rleague, just because you or illa or that other person i forget his name don't like it thats just too bad, there are many that do like it, and by saying what you said is just going to make me do it more & more & more & more! :D

astrogirl

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Astro girl, don't care about your opinion, no disrespect, but this has been my style from rleague and it is just as popular here as it was at rleague, just because you or illa or that other person i forget his name don't like it thats just too bad, there are many that do like it, and by saying what you said is just going to make me do it more & more & more & more! :D
Seems to me you started this thread to express your opinion.

As such I think it's fair enough for others to express their opinions even if they are contrary to yours.

The fact that you don't care about my opinion is fine - but I do think it disrespectful that you just say that - just cos you add "no disrespect" to your sentence doesn't make much difference IMO.

Out of interest, how do you measure your forum popularity anyway :?