What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for FFB users to lift their game

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ron, there are two causes for the slowing of the site, data and traffic.

You can't blame two or three threads for the cause of this sites crashes. Thats ludicrous.

Martli

Coach
I'm pretty new to the forums and I have to say, I never really felt unsafe or threatend at all... I even made a pretty stupid post once (Home and Away XIII) and got a little mocking for it, but I dont regret it at all, I don't take much of what I read on the internet that seriously.

B-dos is right too, although i'm going to take it a step further and say its easy to figure out people's status on here, kinda like the popular people at school :p.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bobby DIGital said:
I think the overzealous moderating is hurting this forum more than anything else.

I am glad some one raised this issue.

Its not the overzealous moderating, its the constant breaching of the rules, that causes the moderating.

One thing you guys need to undersatnd, we (mods) dont make the rules, and you agreed to the forum rules when you signed in, then you complain when they are enforced.

As I have explained to some of you in PMs, this is an RL forum, and peoples sexual conquests and personal lives can be read by under age children, and this can cause trouble with, and even shut down the FFB or LU, if some parents or the like, decieded to take action.

Just remmember, would you like yuor 10 year old brother/sister or daughter/son to read what you are posting ?

Martli

Coach
I've been to messageboards where there is no, or little moderating, and beleive me, its shithouse.

chileman

Coach
Twizzle said:
Bobby DIGital said:
I think the overzealous moderating is hurting this forum more than anything else.

I am glad some one raised this issue.

Its not the overzealous moderating, its the constant breaching of the rules, that causes the moderating.

One thing you guys need to undersatnd, we (mods) dont make the rules, and you agreed to the forum rules when you signed in, then you complain when they are enforced.

As I have explained to some of you in PMs, this is an RL forum, and peoples sexual conquests and personal lives can be read by under age children, and this can cause trouble with, and even shut down the FFB or LU, if some parents or the like, decieded to take action.

Just remmember, would you like yuor 10 year old brother/sister or daughter/son to read what you are posting ?
:roll: Thankyou Twizzle, unfortunately your clear precise post will probably never be adhered to but you are spot on!

chileman

Coach
B-dos said:
Question: Who really gives a **** about post counts?
Actually I wouldn't be sorry to see them go! I have introduced 2 members to these boards lately (Feez_Giggles and CC36) that I speak daily to on a great forum in another website and they don't have post counts and yet we rack up 1000's of posts a week....why, cause we enjoy each other company on the net.......that's the way it should be on here! Of course you're not going to get on with everyone....but that's life, just avoid those people or live with them!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It doesn't matter how loud the mod speaks, the member is always going to believe he is the victim.

Rise Against

Ron Jeremy said:
WORST THREAD EVER is something introduced to try and help this forum, it is very popular and i have recieved it aswell, so it works both ways which i'm more then happy about.

Rise against the machines??.......who are you anyway??, one of those posters that have been here a while and i've yet to notice?? :lol:

I was formerly known as Jus 182 mate and Rise Against is a band name.

Worst thread ever is in every single thread and it is just plain stupid when we see it in every thread that people make.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Fair enough Jus, but hey i've started a trend and even i'm the recipient on many occasions from it.

Whos Rise against the machines though???, not rap :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm pretty happy with the way I'm going atm. I went through a slump a while back but I'm trying to work my way back into form. Generally FFB doesn't exactly thrill me (although I keep coming back, obviously), so I don't start too many threads, I just try to chime in here and there.