What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for some humble pie for the Simmons critics!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Snoop Shark said:
I do have one downfall with Simmo and its his agression level! Its is zero! Fair enough he is a christian but FFS i wish he could switch on and get that mongrel out every now and then when on the field.

He seems like when he tackles he doesn't want to hurt anyone! I know when i tackle thats all i want to do!

It might come down to his church beliefs but i have a 7th day adventist in my team who goes to church every Sunday before our game, and that dont stop him from being a mad man on the field!

Fire up Simmo thats all i ask!

I agree. This is where his soft option taking comes from.

When he did that good work on Barrett yesterday to turn him and sneakily strip the ball what does he do after? Puts his hand out to offer to help Trent up. I would of preferred he rip into him and tell him what a loser he is.

I still think cocaine is a good option for Simmo.

Nuffs

Bench
Frenzy. said:
I agree. This is where his soft option taking comes from.

When he did that good work on Barrett yesterday to turn him and sneakily strip the ball what does he do after? Puts his hand out to offer to help Trent up. I would of preferred he rip into him and tell him what a loser he is.

I still think cocaine is a good option for Simmo.

i noticed Tweety giving it Barrett all day. i'm sure it started after Tweety hit him "late" when he was kicking

i actually got excited by Tweety for once

and no it had nothing to do with that hair-do crap

sharkamania

Juniors
Simmo has shown lots of promise ever since his debut. Remember his tackle his on Bowen last year? When he steamrolled Billy Slater to score? I can't recall him ever dropping a high ball and last year he was our leading try scorer. Sunday was one of his best all round games but he deserves a lot more credit then he gets. Its great to see people like Dean Ritchie taking notice of him

Nullajet

Juniors
Simmons had one of his better games yesterday...and he is showing some signs of being a reasonable fullback...but geez....I wouldnt be singing his praises too soon...
That tackle on Barrett to save the try? I must say I was impressed and shocked that he was able to do that...but let us not forget Barrett is sadly pout of form and is a 'known' tryblower!!!!!

I notice you say nothing of his inability to take the kick off on the full that bounced in front of him and ran dead....or his wishful thinking for the dead ball line that could have been a try has the opposition player had a more decent dive at the ball instead of playing the man....

Simmo still runs softly into tacklers and submits quickly....etc

I definately was impressed with his recent efforts but I am far from willing to concede that he is a great fullback!

And of course people are going to compare him to Peach...and rightly so...it wasnt like HE left the club!!! The CLUB ditched him....so by all rights he should still be here.

Maybe if he had retired and Simmo stepped in to take his place the comparisons would be less likely.

I think Reefy summed it up......Peach would have carved up that pathetic defence of the dragons....geez they were terrible yesterday.

millersnose

Post Whore
simmo had another wonderful game and is shaping up as a very solid fullback

probably rated in the top 6 fullbacks in the nrl by selectors......

Aries

Bench
Nullajet said:
I think Reefy summed it up......Peach would have carved up that pathetic defence of the dragons....geez they were terrible yesterday.

Peachey aint here and was walking wounded... Get over him!

ratsack2

Juniors
Peachy would have crabbed sideways accross field and offload to either simmons or albert, so same result, saving us how much on Peachy's payments and get a goal kicker to boot in covell

ragin

Juniors
Snoop Shark said:
I do have one downfall with Simmo and its his agression level! Its is zero! Fair enough he is a christian but FFS i wish he could switch on and get that mongrel out every now and then when on the field.

He seems like when he tackles he doesn't want to hurt anyone! I know when i tackle thats all i want to do!

It might come down to his church beliefs but i have a 7th day adventist in my team who goes to church every Sunday before our game, and that dont stop him from being a mad man on the field!

Fire up Simmo thats all i ask!

Why does he need to?

His tackle on Barrett was pure strength and there is no need to fire up when u can stop tries like that!

That tackle was a crucial point in the game and i'm glad for cronulla's sake he made it.

I have tried to defend him in the past and made a suggestion that he is gonna be sort after in about a yrs time.

Great balance, strong for his size. Go Simmo.

The Shire

Juniors
I have been a supporter of simmons for a while now and have copped alot for it. I don't want those non simmo supporters to eat humble pie as he has done some very stupid things over the past, but it seems his game has changed and is fitting in quite nicely at fullback. well done on the selection albeit on the wing but this could be a good confident booster for him which he seems to lack sometimes.

millersnose

Post Whore
huh?

he is on the wing

he will either have a good, ok, or bad game

it wont really matter in the long run

The Dodger

First Grade
Aries said:
Watch out...he may call you names!
im a big boy...

seriously, considering simmo played wing last year, he has only played, max, 10 games at fullback for the sharks. he is doing well.

and how can you compare the length of a players period with macdougall?

cheese

Bench
seriously aries..... from a lurkers perspective, having to wade through your anti reefy sh*t is getting really f**king annoying. For a bloke of your age to be carrying on like a pre-pubescent skirt is embarrassing to say the least. For the good of the forum, give it a rest. you made your point weeks ago (not a personal attack btw)

Aries

Bench
cheese said:
seriously aries..... from a lurkers perspective, having to wade through your anti reefy sh*t is getting really f**king annoying. For a bloke of your age to be carrying on like a pre-pubescent skirt is embarrassing to say the least. For the good of the forum, give it a rest. you made your point weeks ago (not a personal attack btw)

get a life

Its comment, but he can't handle them

I just posted THAT THREAD

Frenzy.

Post Whore
DPG said:
reefy, give it a rest.

how many games has simmo played at fullback???

All his junior football. All his Flegg. All his PL. And about 10 in the NRL.

cheese

Bench
ive got a life champ.....your seedy net vendetta is perhaps evidence that you dont though

The Dodger

First Grade
Frenzy. said:
All his junior football. All his Flegg. All his PL. And about 10 in the NRL.

very true.

and how many has macdougall played, including pl and jersey flegg etc...?

how about minichello(seriously), can someone tell me how many games he has played at fullback?

how about slater?

Latest posts