What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for some humble pie for the Simmons critics!

Aries

Bench
cheese said:
ive got a life champ.....your seedy net vendetta is perhaps evidence that you dont though

There is no vendeetta... unless reefy wants it to continue...it's over

Your late!

I merely pointed out some facts. I also have the right to respond to anything he posts, so go lick his butt as much as you like, but there is nothing going on... or are you on his paraniod trip too?

cheese

Bench
Aries said:
but there is nothing going on.

lol ..if you honestly believe that you're more deluded than i thought.

anyway .....i really couldnt give a f**k. really. post away captain spam

Inferno

Coach
FMD, how did I miss this thread.

Some gold sh*t in here.

Bout time I put my 2 cents in.

Im a critic of Simmo, and have been for a while. Was a crap winger, absolutely crap and was still gifted his spot every week no matter how he put in the week before.

rewind to the begining of this year, I thought Simmo was going to be one of the worse fullbacks ever seen in shark colours, and only compared to that expectation he has been solid. Not good solid.

I will happily give credit where its due, and I read some people giving him a rap after yesterdays game and couldn't wait till I could see the game for myself which I did this afternoon.

Simmons, was good, not great, good. Thats as far as it goes.

Still has a long way to go, before proving dumping Peachey for him was the correct decision.

Simmo wasn't man of the match no way.

However, he had a good game yestersday. That try saving tackle on Barret was terrific. A nice try. 2 line breaks.

He's showing more potential than last years dearly departed. I wonder if some on here have stopped crying over them yet? And I'm not referring to Peach.

Good. Not great and definately not MOTM.

So far he's had a couple of good games. I think Kearney deserves praise too. So does our young front rower Douglas. 19 and steps into the pack. A much tougher proposition than fullback.

And - on aggression. Wasn't Stevo all churchie. He showed a ton of aggression.

Plenty of the Polynesian players are very religious. No problem with their aggression.

Simmo needs to exert himself more.

Inferno

Coach
Coastal Shark said:
Good. Not great and definately not MOTM.

So far he's had a couple of good games. I think Kearney deserves praise too. So does our young front rower Douglas. 19 and steps into the pack. A much tougher proposition than fullback.

And - on aggression. Wasn't Stevo all churchie. He showed a ton of aggression.

Plenty of the Polynesian players are very religious. No problem with their aggression.

Simmo needs to exert himself more.

Stevo was a born again christian, but I don't know how churchy he was.

He was also celebant AFTER experiencing the pleasures of women, so perhaps thats where some of his agression came from.

If Simmo had half the aggression I have while often watching the sharks play I have no doubt he would be one of the top fullbacks in the league.

Quigs

Immortal
I too just got back from watching Mr Fox's replay.

And this time I watched it sober.

I am not a fan of Simmons, he just seems to lack it for me. He did some good stuff but if he was man of the match then I'll stand well you know.

I myself thought that red headed bloke was streets ahead of him in the game. But the best Sharks player on the field for mine was the number 6 of Stain George....Wigan will be pleased.

I am happy that we are climbing the ladder, thankfully a lot of the 'top' teams have fallen away over the last few weeks. It will help our cause. But I am still worried about the full 80 minute mongrel..... Did anyone see when one of our blokes threw that real sloppy pass from dummy half ( I think ) in the 2nd half - three sharks just looked down at the rolling pill. Two Stains dived and missed before one of them came up with possession. It is little things like that that cost you in the big games. You either go getting it back or you kill the ball. Dont serve it up while you look to someone else to clean it up....this happend in our own half.

Thommo man of the match - day light second...

But anywin over the Stains - it just makes for a perfect week... you can't find a supporter anywhere...

cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Coastal Shark said:
You're wrong Quigs. I found one but he aint talking or laughing. Funny creatures aren't they?

0-top5.jpg

Is he one of our big brothers from our sister club....(good one Junior)

Nah they are funny little chokers... fire up ... what have youse ever won ... we won 11 straight ... youse won nothing .... then when we beat them, you can't find them. (or they have pulled another jersey out of the wardrobe)

Thats a Queensland thingy..

I had one barking at me on Sunday - after a very very social charity golf day. How Saint George beat cronulla... the Donkeys won (Brisbane) and the Cowboys won.

I queried this person on which team they were following this week and they were shattered when I told them the cows got done earlier. Then as the news broke that the donkeys got done, then the news news that Sharks had won.... well that person went home.

Still not heard from them since.

Yukka Yukka Yukk... somedays are diamonds.

Cheers
Quigs

Nullajet

Juniors
Aries said:
Peachey aint here and was walking wounded... Get over him!
I can't get over him....it pisses me off that he isnt here !

Even as walking wounded he was more valuanle to us IMO than Simmo.

I am slowly........very slowly starting to accept Simmo (having no choice because he is a selesction certainty every week) but in the mean time I will continue to bitch and moan and compare him to the Peach.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
ragin said:
Why does he need to?

His tackle on Barrett was pure strength and there is no need to fire up when u can stop tries like that!

That tackle was a crucial point in the game and i'm glad for cronulla's sake he made it.

He plays a game called Rugby League NOT Netball;-)

ragin said:
I have tried to defend him in the past and made a suggestion that he is gonna be sort after in about a yrs time.
Great balance, strong for his size. Go Simmo.

What? Your whole 1 post?:?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dean Ritchie ? Simmo as man of the match. The player who most contributed to the win & who , if missing, may have meant the team losing.

Give me a f*cking break.

ragin

Juniors
Snoop Shark said:
He plays a game called Rugby League NOT Netball;-)

What? Your whole 1 post?:?

So u fool u, why does he have to be aggressive. Peachey wasn't.

Yes one post using this nickname but many others on a different name. Clown

gavin_miller

Juniors
Simmons is a local junior, and that's awesome. Simmons is improving each week and that is great. But, as a few folks on here have hinted at, he is our FULLBACK and our FULLBACK is supposed to be able to CATCH THE BALL whether it means from a kickoff or a bomb. He looks, on a lot of occasions (not all but a lot) scared and hesitant.Everytime he lets the ball bounce (and I know more and more footy players are letting the ball bounce) it puts the team under pressure again for another set of six defending.One of these days, an opposing team is gonna work it out...teach him to catch for every ones sake.

The Popper

Bench
gavin_miller said:
Simmons is a local junior, and that's awesome. Simmons is improving each week and that is great. But, as a few folks on here have hinted at, he is our FULLBACK and our FULLBACK is supposed to be able to CATCH THE BALL whether it means from a kickoff or a bomb. He looks, on a lot of occasions (not all but a lot) scared and hesitant.Everytime he lets the ball bounce (and I know more and more footy players are letting the ball bounce) it puts the team under pressure again for another set of six defending.One of these days, an opposing team is gonna work it out...teach him to catch for every ones sake.
I'd agree with this assessment.

ragin said:
So u fool u, why does he have to be aggressive. Peachey wasn't.

Yes one post using this nickname but many others on a different name. Clown

Yes good point.

I don't remeber too many times that Peachey ever ran the ball back with agression.

That is until Raper put an end to the fairy running style and told him to bring the ball back as fast as you can because the groundsman is sick of seeing circle burnouts in the grass.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Simmo wasn't MOM- Thommo was easily, then Dykes, Loved Kearneys game... anyway... but continues to improve and widen his game.
His reading is better than it was and contiues to get better with time in a new pos.
His agression both at the line and the player, is showing more-Barrett - as he gains confidence and size.

He will be very good. Very good.

emetic

Juniors
gavin_miller said:

i cant remember him ever coughing up a high ball ...

Latest posts