What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for some humble pie for the Simmons critics!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
ragin said:
So u fool u, why does he have to be aggressive. Peachey wasn't.

Last time i checked Rugby League was an aggressive sport! Someone like u can stick to your tiddly winks games but im not into that! When u play footy u play it hard not like a soft c*** like yourself! Incase u dont realise Rugby League is not a pussy sport u raging lunatic!

ragin said:
Yes one post using this nickname but many others on a different name. Clown

Well stick to the one name f*** wit! U must be hiding or ashamed of something if u keep chopping and changing your identities! Silly twat!

Dragon Slayer said:
Yes good point.

I don't remeber too many times that Peachey ever ran the ball back with agression.

Pitty im talking about his defence! Re-read may help u!

Manfred Moore

Juniors
I don't mind Simmons. He has improved this year as a fullback after some ineffectual games on the wing in recent times.

But this is precisely the point. He has been selected as a City winger. Is he the best winger going round that City can select (after injuries etc) when he's not even playing there?

If i was more cynical i might think he had friends in high places...

jc155776

Coach
Never underestimate the money those bible bashers have, and thats a great thing if our teams full of them if you ask me...

But onto Simmo himself. Always been a big fan. I remember an interview with Peach back in 2002 I think saying that there is a kid ready to make big waves in the game and will eventually play for Australia. That kid was Simmo. Even the Peach had wraps on him. He has finally started to fill out some and is damn quick. Size and Speed = Devastating when used correctly, WHICH he is starting to do. Dont forget last year he was our top try scorer so he aint that much of a nufty...

Fuddy

Juniors
I've been offline since the big game celebrating.

Great win - Dragons were ordinary. Simmons had his best game - he put his body on the line and show commitment. If he continues this he will be very good and I will happily admit I have been wrong.

imasharkie

Coach
Fuddy said:
I've been offline since the big game celebrating.

Great win - Dragons were ordinary. Simmons had his best game - he put his body on the line and show commitment. If he continues this he will be very good and I will happily admit I have been wrong.

Ah but how long is it going to take. Already been at it for 3 years and has hardly improved.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Exactly. If his development after 3 years in the top grade has been this lacklustre, it's an indication he probably lacks the talent to be a top player.

I still cringe everytime the ball goes his way.

Aries

Bench
imasharkie said:
Ah but how long is it going to take. Already been at it for 3 years and has hardly improved.

how old is he, IMA?

Personaly, I think he is on the improve.

Ppl here keep sceaming to blood our youth in the top grades. Raper is trying to, yet he is critisised for it? It takes time to blood them.

I offered Reefy this question. I don't care who else has a crack at it now... How many First Grade games did Preston play before his true talent was found?

Well some more egg for the critics.

He scored 2 trys and had one try assist!

His first try he scored from nothing with a powerful run 10 metres out beating 3 tacklers.

Second try, perfect timed run to grab a meat pie off a Kearney kick.

The assist was a grubber like a la Peachey for Ciraldo to score.

Teriffic in defence and great positional play again.

A real game breaker today!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He was average at best against awful defense.
Granted you can only play what is in front of you but his lack of skills & game breaking ability is going to cost us in the tight matches if we need something special.
A decent fullback would have those stats by the 20 minute mark & showered by half time.
worst defense I have seen in the NRL ever.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Covell is playing 2 positions.
he is cleaning up everything thrown his way & the mess that simmo leaves for others.
covell had something like 30 touches today. Thats amazing for a winger.
But thats what happens when you have a player like simmons in the back line, everybody else has more to do.

Covells goal kicking was disappointing.
He dropped a cross field kick which needed cleaning up.
Ran sideways most of the day.

Basically was a passenger!

Tell me what Covell had to clean up from Simmons today?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Covell cleaned up for simmo today, yesterday & the day before.

when he is not there, somebody else is cleaning up for simmo.

por Ejemplo

the final try where he jogged alongside the new "cleaners"

You mean the one that Greg Bird looked having covered and then the ball took a right angled turn and Bird slipped leaving an easy passage for Mogg to score!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dragon Slayer said:
You mean the one that Greg Bird looked having covered and then the ball took a right angled turn and Bird slipped leaving an easy passage for Mogg to score!

Thats the one f**kchin.
Where the mons jogged alongside Bird instead of getting in there & doing his job.

2 more Dally M points for Simmo this week.

Thats 5points out of a possible 6 in the past two weeks.

Plus a rep jumper.

This is getting embaressing!

Inferno

Coach
Dragon Slayer said:
2 more Dally M points for Simmo this week.

Thats 5points out of a possible 6 in the past two weeks.

Plus a rep jumper.

This is getting embaressing!

your so right, how about you shut up before doing yourself further damage.

Latest posts