What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for some humble pie Peachey detractors

fatshark

Bench
He was out of position for most of the night.
That's why he had to dive and defuse a couple of tight situations when if he was in correct positioning it would've been a routine clean up.
spot on.Bunnies had about 60 drop outs last night all due to Peachs inactivity.

Alan Shore

First Grade
bluey said:
I think raper wants a running fullback not a 5/8 playing fullback as there is no doubt that the last 2 years for us the peach could not run or stretch out.
The only problem is simo is not consistant enough for me but certainly has ability contrary to some beliefs.

Though we are yet to witness the purported "pace" of Simmons. The dropkick has nothing. Peachey at 40 would still bring more to a footy team than this oxygen thief does now, has in the past or will in the future.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Dragon Slayer said:
Oh FFS!

What did he do????????????

He was playing against the Broncos Premier League side!!!

He was out of position for most of the night.
That's why he had to dive and defuse a couple of tight situations when if he was in correct positioning it would've been a routine clean up.

There was a bad mis tackle that led to a Broncos try.

He ran towards the sideline in slippery conditions and slid out of play on TACKLE 1 !! But was lucky that the ref ruled there was no advantage from the Broncos knock on and got a reprieve.

Got dragged across the sideline again by two defenders but was lucky the ref called held in a nick of time before his skin and bones were tossed like rubbish for a clean up.

Made little metres again!!

Dropped a couple of balls at vital times.

Got pushed back in tackles.

And this against the Broncos Premier League side!

He's been average against a team coming 4th last (in which he was responsible for the three tries conceded.

And he was adequate against a Broncos Premier League side.

Woopey Do!

A lot of people getting fluffy wuffy for Peachey Weachey......
Set up 2 tires

Saved 4

I know this will go over your head but provided excellent D patterns from the back - Souths D has improved dramatically since they have a fullback that can talk.

-----------------------------------------
Leagueunlimited.com players of the match:
3 - David Peachey
2 - Luke MacDougall
1 - Ben Walker

FFS take your blinkers off.

Simmo still ain't fit to lace his boots.

The Popper

Bench
I'm real glad to see Peach doing well, particularly after what seemed to be treachery by Widnes. IMO Peach plays at another level to Simmonds; but Simmonds is still a pimply faced kid. Peach has peaked, and is apparently still playing there. Simmonds has oodles of improvement left. On a full back scale of 100 (with Lockyer/Minichiello as the standard) current Peach would have to rate about 90 while Simmonds rates about 45-50, IMO.

Mr Angry said:
Set up 2 tires

Saved 4

I know this will go over your head but provided excellent D patterns from the back - Souths D has improved dramatically since they have a fullback that can talk.

Leagueunlimited.com players of the match:
3 - David Peachey
2 - Luke MacDougall
1 - Ben Walker

FFS take your blinkers off.

Simmo still ain't fit to lace his boots.

I know this will go over your head but a team coming 4th last and a Broncos Premier League side ain't the best guide to guage whether Peachey is up to it.

Theres plenty of football left in the season but.
I'll have pleasure in reminding you and the rest of the Peachey knob suckers in coming weeks how he is really going.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
No problem DS,

I am more than happy to compare your golden girl Simmo with the Peach over the rest of the season.

Thus far Peachy (1 game) Peach 1 Simmo 0.

Nullajet

Juniors
fatshark said:
spot on.Bunnies had about 60 drop outs last night all due to Peachs inactivity.
you truly know very little about fullback positioning and play....name me the times where he was responsible for drop outs as opposed to covering well placed attacking kicks to save tries!!

And then go back and watch the cowboys game (listen as well to the commentators) and see where Simmon relied on hope and luck that the balls kicked down field were going to go over the sideline.....

BTW Leon Bott one of the quickest players in the comp chasing a kick..and Peach is there in the nick of time to save him from scoring a try..... not bad for a slow fullback!!

!fullback!

Juniors
Nullajet said:
Since there was one re simmo........here is one e the Peach

After watching his classy display tonight and 2nd half last week...must be time for some forum members who stated that Peach wasnt up to NRL standard anymore to come out and admit they were WRONG!!!!!!!

Like he wouldn't be having a ball in the current sharks team

I was a Simmo bagger and am still no big fan, but can admit he is playing better than I credited him for.........but I stand by the opinion he isn't as good as the Peach (even in his twilight form)!!! And the Peach is giving me no reason to doubt it!!

Pure class and making a diff in a struggling team (something Simmo could not do!)
man you people love living in the past. whats next, you gonna say how great preston campbell is going. get over it. peach was great at his peak but i wouldnt have him back. he is too slow and couldnt tackle for sh!t

Inferno said:
Why can't you just admit for the second week in a row Simmons was outplayed by Peachey.

I thought Peachey did well. But honestly it's like you're hoping that a player from and opposing side goes better than one of our own.

Nullajet

Juniors
I hope he does because he deserves to be a part of what is going on with the sharks this year. It would be a major jip for Simmons to be part of the sharks first premiership when a bloke like Peach is playing for Souths and shoyuld have had another season where he truly belongs!!!!

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Peachey played well against a team that really did struggle. But I personally think there are some weakenesses of him, such as his lack of speed and often poor positional play, that better teams will be sure to exploit.... and the wet weather only helped his cause and Souths IMO as well.

And as has been said, you cant really directly compare Peachey and Simmons... both have different styles which are EMPLOYED in their teams for different purposes. Peachey plays more of a playmaking role at fullback..... Simmons plays a support role. And thats all we need, we dont need another playmaker on top of Dykes/Kearney and Kimmorley.... we just need someone with SOME pace to hit the gaps and provide support when needed! With Peachey we didnt have this and it significantly reduced our attacking ability all over the park... particularly midfield.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am not hoping anything.

Quite simply Peachey is much better than Simmo will ever be.

Hope has nothing to do with it.

As for premierships hopes ours are as good as souths - none.

Nullajet

Juniors
!fullback! said:
man you people love living in the past. whats next, you gonna say how great preston campbell is going. get over it. peach was great at his peak but i wouldnt have him back. he is too slow and couldnt tackle for sh!t
Its not living in the past. The bloke is a legend of the club and still has plenty to offer in the NRL.....and the sharks should have kept him!

too slow??? see the leon Bott incident last night...and PLEASE!!! are you trying to tell us that Simmons is a great tackler compared to Peachey???

I am trying to steer away from bagging Simmons and I can see he is improving and I am happy with him BUT to me, Peachey deserved and earned another season where he wanted to be.

As I have said before, ET would never have been treated this way.....nor Sludge if theyd been in the same situation.

I love watching peach play and I cant help being bitter at the fact he was forced out.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
As for premierships hopes ours are as good as souths - none

You have to be kidding?

As I have said before, ET would never have been treated this way.....nor Sludge if theyd been in the same situation

I dont think anyone would deny he was treated very poorly over the whole thing.... but that isnt the issue at hand. We've had a change in the style of our play, which so far this year looks to have done the trick..... it was obviously seen that Peachey didnt fit in... which IMO he doesnt, like Ive said, we needed a support style fullback and thats what Simmons brings. Its unfortunate for Peachey but it was the right decision... its just the handling of it that was crap.

!fullback!

Juniors
Nullajet said:
Its not living in the past. The bloke is a legend of the club and still has plenty to offer in the NRL.....and the sharks should have kept him!

too slow??? see the leon Bott incident last night...and PLEASE!!! are you trying to tell us that Simmons is a great tackler compared to Peachey???

I am trying to steer away from bagging Simmons and I can see he is improving and I am happy with him BUT to me, Peachey deserved and earned another season where he wanted to be.

As I have said before, ET would never have been treated this way.....nor Sludge if theyd been in the same situation.

I love watching peach play and I cant help being bitter at the fact he was forced out.
id prefer the speed of simmons to be honest and towards the end of last season, you could see peachey was becomming a liability with his lack of speed. he would break the line on a number of occassions but never had the speed to score the tries or save tries. i watch alot of tackles that the peach just couldnt make and most people including the coaching staff just felt that his time was up. give someone else a go.

also saying that simmons doesnt deserve to be there if by chance that the sharks to win a premiership because he has only been at fullback for a year is just stupid. peachey had 11 years at the sharks to win a premiership.

Generalzod

Immortal
Frenzy. said:
That's one of the reasons he was atrocious. Not because he made glaring erros that even nuffies can see like dropped ball or missed tackles but because his constant apparent refusal to go the extra yard is terrible.

He won't go the extra yard in diving on loose balls. He prefers to try and reach into the scramble and pick at it like a chook at the grain. He won't go the extra yard when he runs. He justs gets to the line and surrenders. The whole time he looks like he might pass out with fear. He has no urgency about him whatsoever, ambling along next to the ball like he's on a Sunday walk in the park. He doesn't back up still, should of been with Albert on that break, after all he' the big speedster isn't he?

He's the one player that wasn't regularly in the line on the kick chases as well.

All that points to him still not knowing what he's about and still playing with a heart the size of a lentil.

And that's atrocious.

Maybe you should go at play and show us how it's really done.....

carinashark

First Grade
Totaly agree Frenzy and he is way slow now. But its good to see him at Souths . I think they realy need him.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Maybe I should.

BTW is that the best response you can come up with? What about some football opinions?

Sniper.

Nullajet

Juniors
ah, second and third hand humour...got to love it.....or not.

It was funny when Reefy did it first about Noddy......but now everyone is using it....c'mon!:roll: