What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timmy possible collar-bone fracture

James_Hardie

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Has an operation tomorrow. He'll be out for up to six weeks but they'll monitor it and see if it is worth him coming back. Worst case scenario is he could be back for the Brisbane game.

So is it not his coller bone as originally reported? I was always thought the collar bone was one of those breaks you couldn't operate on, you just had to let it repair naturally...?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
James_Hardie said:
So is it not his coller bone as originally reported? I was always thought the collar bone was one of those breaks you couldn't operate on, you just had to let it repair naturally...?

Well if the Eels want Tim operated on they'd make it happen. I'm pretty sure you have to let them heal naturally, I had to put up with a whinging housemate when he broke his collarbone too and they said then that they wouldn't operate or leave him in hospital (despite my begging).

Freak2

Juniors
Very dissappointing for Tim who had seemed to put his past discretions behind him and had made significant improvements to his game.

I think JT will go with Jeremy Smith as he has unfinished business in first grade. Made a massive mistake touching Mr Bean and will be sure to want to make amends for this past discretion.

As much as I would like to see Green introduced I am not sure this is the time for it.

If we lose a couple more this year and the pressure is off with no chance of making the 8 then yes time for Blake to come in, but for now I would be happy to see Jeremy Smith return to the side!!

From that article:

You can leave hospital that day if you feel well enough. The sling will need to remain on for at least 3 weeks. The sling must remain on 24 hours a day including at night. The sling only comes off to have a shower and get dressed and on those occasions the arm needs to be kept adjacent to the body.

After 3 weeks the sling is removed and you start gentle movements. You do not do any specific exercises or physiotherapy at this stage because it may compromise the graft.

After about six weeks (if your movements are fine) the sling will be removed and you can move the arm freely. You may be sent for physiotherapy or swimming at this time (but it does depend on your progress). Do NOT get alarmed when you notice that the end of the collarbone rides up by 1 cm. This is a normal occurrence and without this you will not regain full movement.

Full activity, including all sports, can usually be started by 3 months.

stuke

Bench
bartman said:
Least he went out with a great half of football, up against one A. Johns.

i agree.

much better than if he had done it while playing Prems after being on the drink.

hopefully he comes back fully switched onto footy next season.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
poor timmy, i hope it wasn't his drinking arm! :( he'll need a quiet beer to drown his sorrows!

strider

Post Whore
Angry_eel said:
Michael Clarke's Ex will help him. its ok.
i didn't think he was with her anymore ... so he might need that arm for something else? :shock: :shock: :crazy::oops: