What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinkler proposal back on (take 3)

incorrect. The Members Club persists after 10 years. condition of any sale is that the Members Club, and the heritage share in the Knights Newco (which is the new organisation that will be set up to manage the football club, the new legal entity if you will) which is controlled by the Members Club remain in place. neither the Members Club, nor the Heritage Share in Knights Newco disappear after 10 years.

The Members Club controls the right to move the team, to change the colours, etc. these safeguards persist, always, unless the Members Club itself decides to dissolve it i assume.

it is this sort of misinformation and scaremongering that may well sink the deal.

CORRECT ........ that was my understanding also PV

So where is this change in the proposal? The only hint I've got from the proposal itself is that if we're sold (not moved, btw) HVSG have to buy out Newco. I have seen no mention of existence beyond the 10 years other than article 2.4 of the overview.

The Knights lawyer (name escapes me) at the info night was very clear about the 10 year winding down of the club on the night.

cram

Bench
Has anyone else that can vote had a phone call from TSG? I had one at home today that was fielded by my daughter they said they would ring back.

No phone call here, but I did get an email last night.

Upon enquiry TSG said the Knights had given them all voting member's personal contact details. Going against the Knights own privacy policy of not supplying info to third parties.

perverse

Referee
The Knights lawyer had very, very little time to evaluate the new offer, DMC (really - it was a matter of hours). he also works for Bilbie Dan, everyone can make of that what they will.

having attended the members meeting that the Knights held, a focus group held by TSG, a sort of meet'n'greet between Ken Edwards and the Crusade, and held several private conversations with Leigh Maughan i can assure you the Members Club and Heritage share are maintained beyond the 10 years of the financial commitment. this is the information i have been given by pretty influential people who are very close to the deal.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
i'll also add that TSG feel that their offer was grossly misrepresented from what they know about the Members meeting. i don't know exactly what they do or do not know, but they seemed pretty knowledgable about was and wasn't said at the meeting.

I have little time for Maughan since his calls for moving to Super League, and the hilarity of whatever this "Big time" is that he goes on and on about.

Put it in writing, or don't bother. People's word means squat in business.

cram

Bench
lol, purely on hearsay and rumour, mate. i haven't dealt with them personally, but where there is smoke there is probably fire. i doubt the Knights have an overflowing legal budget.

Well that particular law firm has been around a long time and Nick Dan, one of the principals is a NK director.

I think you may be better to rephrase that to they are not a well know law form because your statement, based on hearsay could very well get you into a bit of strife....

slotmachine

First Grade
Slotmachine - you might like to check out page 5 of today's Herald. Makes pretty clear where Mac stands on the vote...

Evening Alex. I don't fancy getting back into this debate as I got what I was after in the end.

It does confirm that it was a comprehension issue though as I have never questioned Macavity's support of the Tinkler deal.

perverse

Referee
I have little time for Maughan since his calls for moving to Super League, and the hilarity of whatever this "Big time" is that he goes on and on about.

right, well if your answer to everything i'm telling you is "i don't believe you", then i believe this discussion is over. i can only share what i know from actively getting out there and seeking the information for myself - as it's not available to those that don't. if you want to be petulant and bring your personal feelings about person x or person y into the discussion then there is likely no convincing you of anything other than what you have already made up in your own mind.

cram - i will say that i have been informed by several people that they were dissatisfied with the quality of Bilbie Dans services, and leave it at that.

cram

Bench
cram - i will say that i have been informed by several people that they were dissatisfied with the quality of Bilbie Dans services, and leave it at that.

That's better I don't want to see you living on scraps from Mac's petshop....:lol::lol:

Without Maughan DMC you would have no club to support. He is a very big reason we are here debating this today. He had to fight every inch to convince the NSWRL to let us in . It was a proper s###fight from day 1. When some people in the past refer to us as a racist club for example why was our first signing an aboriginal? One Ashley Gordon.

http://www.knightsvoteyes.com.au/an-open-letter-from-nathan-tinkler/#more-7

Have you bothered to at least READ the above DMC.

You did say that he should put it in writing, doesn,t the contents of the open letter from Tinkler satisfy your concerns.

Latest posts