What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinkler proposal back on (take 3)

perverse

Referee
I think the TSG will be announcing their vision for Newcastle sport. An amalgamation of the knights, jets, netball and basketball all run under the one umbrella. It would be the first "super club" in Australian sport I suppose??
that would disappoint me... it's been an assumption that his goal is thus for ages. could be something along those lines, though.

either way, the moment has arrived. let's just wait and see i guess.

cram

Bench
Yeah, very strange....ABC Radio (local) has just indicated that the announcement is Knights related...they are going live switch on.

Burwood

Bench
Strange article. It is just rehashing 2 week old news and adding to the end a statement which we know is impossible. Tinkler will have to wait until march 31 to get his hands on the club.

cram

Bench
Its on now, just started it is Knights related. Rick Stone and Kurt Gidley are at the press conference.

cram

Bench
Edwards is speaking and talking about having met with the members...he is playing up how important the members are etc.....

cram

Bench
They are now talking about the sixth plank in the strategy??? I have a feeling its not going to be that significant....

TooheysNew

Coach
New pricing structure for family season tickets for the last 10 home games.

Family of four for $200 for the season. Undercover, reserved.

cram

Bench
They are now talking about families being important to the club...they want the club to be family friendly etc and how important it is for the club to play in front of new crowds.....

They are announcing a new pricing structure for the last 10 games .... family of 4 can attend for $200.00....

cram

Bench
Ummm how can they announce this without owning the club or do they know something we don't know???

perverse

Referee
oh woopdy f**king doo. i'm guessing this is the first the public have heard of this. TSG wants to undercut the sh*t out of every ticket in the country. i doubt this will have a major effect on Australian sport.

still, good news for the families i suppose.

they can announce whatever they want to about their intentions once they own the club, cram. same deal as the opposition leader making promises before an election... except i'd say Tinkler is far more likely to deliver, at least short term. they have some interesting ideas about subsidising ticket prices through other revenue streams, although i wasn't privvy to any specifics.

cram

Bench
oh woopdy f**king doo. i'm guessing this is the first the public have heard of this. TSG wants to undercut the sh*t out of every ticket in the country. i doubt this will have a major effect on Australian sport.

still, good news for the families i suppose.

they can announce whatever they want to about their intentions once they own the club, cram. same deal as the opposition leader making promises before an election... except i'd say Tinkler is far more likely to deliver, at least short term.

Yes, I get that...I may be over 40 but not quite senile as yet....:lol:

I just don't really see the point....I refer to your first paragraph to succinctly explain my thoughts.

I wonder whether I will get a refund given I have paid out $800 for my family pass??

perverse

Referee
Lots of smoke and mirrors going on
are there, though? TSG can't control what every journo writes.

as for the question that might be on other peoples minds regarding how TSG would be privvy to our financial information to know that they can deliver, well that's a simple answer too. during the period of due diligence the Knights would have handed over all financial records, etc so Tinkler was aware of what he's looking to buy. nothing underhanded in any of it as far as i can see.