What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinkler proposal back on (take 3)

Serc

First Grade
Was wondering if b-dos would ever make a reappearance in here...I noticed his absence once it came out that TSG was trying to pull a swifty on the club!

B-dos

Referee
Was wondering if b-dos would ever make a reappearance in here...[

ive been in and out of the thread serc

although ive been out of town for the past fortnight so havent had time to login of late.. although its nice to be missed.

I noticed his absence once it came out that TSG was trying to pull a swifty on the club!

you mean the 'he said she said' dramas? pretty sure ive been in here a few times since then serc. i gather you made your mind up that evil tinkler wanted to scam us all? lol

anyway, im glad to see even you cant bring yourself to defend this clown. the sooner burraston goes the better - it should be prety obvious to even the most dedicated of followers that he does not have the interests of the club in mind

Serc

First Grade
I knew you'd say you were away (and of course I have to take you on your word) but it was very fortunate timing nonetheless.

Obviously you haven't read much of this thread (or the papers), or attended the members meeting in late Feb. In particular there are some quotes from macavity in the last week that mentioned that someone at TSG has owned up to trying to 'tighten up' (a very kind term I must say) the offer and Tinkler was furious when he found out what was going on.

We now know it wasn't the 'he said she said', it was somebody trying to pull a swifty on the club.

I still have yet to see (aside from the 2nd hand accounts of the interview on the Fox post-game show two Monday's ago) any evidence that Burro has the interests of himself or any special secret society (patrons trust?) in mind. In some of my recent posts I have noted that while pretty much everything I have seen him say or quoted have been correct, the right way to answer questions from the media at this point is to promote the Tinkler offer and try to get it over the line, rather than correct the media or any other uninformed idiots out there who are trying to sell the "Knights are on the brink of insolvency", "Knights have rapidly increasing debt" rubbish that, while dwindling, is still out there.

B-dos

Referee
I knew you'd say you were away (and of course I have to take you on your word) but it was very fortunate timing nonetheless.

haha

do you want me to post some receipts serc?

dear oh dear

like i said, ive been posting since the big bad scandal so your strange little theory is a dead duck

Obviously you haven't read much of this thread (or the papers), or attended the members meeting in late Feb.

ive read plenty but yes - the last fortnight has been scarce

In particular there are some quotes from macavity in the last week that mentioned that someone at TSG has owned up to trying to 'tighten up' (a very kind term I must say) the offer and Tinkler was furious when he found out what was going on.

cool, so its all whispers and anecdotes

regardless, its all irrelevant now. the focus now should be entirely on getting the deal done

seems to me only a select few are still hung up about it.

We now know it wasn't the 'he said she said', it was somebody trying to pull a swifty on the club.

sure serc. thank goodness we were "saved" huh.. lol

I still have yet to see (aside from the 2nd hand accounts of the interview on the Fox post-game show two Monday's ago) any evidence that Burro has the interests of himself or any special secret society (patrons trust?) in mind.

try reading his comments then

In some of my recent posts I have noted that while pretty much everything I have seen him say or quoted have been correct, the right way to answer questions from the media at this point is to promote the Tinkler offer and try to get it over the line, rather than correct the media or any other uninformed idiots out there who are trying to sell the "Knights are on the brink of insolvency", "Knights have rapidly increasing debt" rubbish that, while dwindling, is still out there.

his is being deliberately misleading in an attempt to pass off the impression we are in a better situation than we are.

its f**king disgraceful. and he is doing so for his own selfish reasons. if he were not then he would be open and honest and encourage everyone to vote yes.

if you want to play dumb and let him off the hook with 'he hasnt said anythign untrue' thats entirely up to you

Alex28

Coach
Good to see Baron and B-Dos using anything they can to take a shot at Burro just because they can.

Never mind that:

* the debts they are talking about are current liabilities accrued in the process of running business;
* they operate a business the size of the Knights without an overdraft facility (almost unheard of); and
* besides membership fees and season ticket income, they have had the opportunity to earn next to no income. No home games at all yet.

It is a ridiculous, sensationalist article designed to enhance the chances of a yes vote being successful. Just the type of article to suck the gullible in to thinking the club is in serious financial trouble.

Fitting that B-Dos and Baron react to it.

B-dos

Referee
Good to see Baron and B-Dos using anything they can to take a shot at Burro just because they can.

Never mind that:

* the debts they are talking about are current liabilities accrued in the process of running business;
* they operate a business the size of the Knights without an overdraft facility (almost unheard of); and
* besides membership fees and season ticket income, they have had the opportunity to earn next to no income. No home games at all yet.

It is a ridiculous, sensationalist article designed to enhance the chances of a yes vote being successful. Just the type of article to suck the gullible in to thinking the club is in serious financial trouble.

Fitting that B-Dos and Baron react to it.

im not talking about any specific article alex

but dont let that prevent you from runnig to the defense of this clown

retraction please?

Alex28

Coach
Just a massive coincidence that an article bagging the financial viability of the club is issued and then you come along bagging the CEO of the club then?

Not defending Burro. Just highlighting that this is a problem the club has at this time of the year EVERY YEAR.

No retraction. Stop being a prat.

B-dos

Referee
Just a massive coincidence that an article bagging the financial viability of the club is issued and then you come along bagging the CEO of the club then?
i guess so

i was referring to the gag order placed on burraston

if you bothered to read my posts before tripping over yourself to defend this imbecile you may have cottoned on

Not defending Burro. Just highlighting that this is a problem the club has at this time of the year EVERY YEAR

lol. sure alex

No retraction. Stop being a prat.

haha

coming from the guy who blew his load a little to early in a amusing attempt to look clever, thats a doozy

just relax for a sec mate. you reallly dont need to come out in attack mode by default do you?

Alex28

Coach
The club does have this problem every year - in particular when they don't get home games in the first few rounds (which they have had to do with the construction of the Eastern and Western Grandstand). They have had to borrow money in the past from the NJC and the old Gold Coast Chargers club however they have cleared those debts when needed. If Tinkler had actually asked for his money back at some point (besides the time he used it as leverage in negotiations) they probably would have been able to clear that too.

They are a business that generates the majority of their income between April and September, however have expenses year round. I am not surprised that they are running short on cash at this time of the year. Most businesses would use an overdraft at this time of the year. The club doesn't have that option (bit hard to have an overdraft with nothing to actually secure it).

This "club in debt" thing (because they have accounts to pay in the course of operating their business) is a bit like the club being $2.5 Million in debt due to accumulated losses - it is rubbish and mere scaremongering. It is a matter of cash flow management.

So B-Dos...you tell me how they don't have this problem every year and it just happens to be right now, just before we vote for the clubs future that this is an extraordinary event?

I'm not on the defence. Just seeking clarity through the crap is all.

(To be fair I did say that both Baron and you were unnecessarily bagging Burro, and Baron was bagging him about the $1.5 Million thing).

Last edited:
Alex I agree with the indisuptable fact that the Western Stand being out of action for 2 years has posed a huge financial burden on the club. MY only concern champ is how do we buy our way out of a 6 million dollar debt that has accumulated quite quickly? I know we have always been close to breaking even in the early days but it cannot be argued surely that anyone but Tinkler is the answer because all we have had is this phantom Patrons trust model which is potentially a mirage (He he). I have reservations about the whole TSG thing as does anyone who is fair dinkum about the club, but maybe we can just take the leap of faith and hope we become a powerhouse sporting entity instead of the poor cousin we have been viewed as for two decades plus. Burraston is a good bloke and i don't cop the personal attacks on him, but he has left himself open to a fair degree of flack because he has not made his feelings known as to where he stands on the issue. Granted Tew gagging him has made that impossible even if he wanted to.

B-dos

Referee
The club does have this problem every year - in particular when they don't get home games in the first few rounds (which they have had to do with the construction of the Eastern and Western Grandstand). They have had to borrow money in the past from the NJC and the old Gold Coast Chargers club however they have cleared those debts when needed. If Tinkler had actually asked for his money back at some point (besides the time he used it as leverage in negotiations) they probably would have been able to clear that too.

yep, just dip into the buckets of cash we have laying about?

hardly

They are a business that generates the majority of their income between April and September, however have expenses year round. I am not surprised that they are running short on cash at this time of the year. Most businesses would use an overdraft at this time of the year. The club doesn't have that option (bit hard to have an overdraft with nothing to actually secure it).

This "club in debt" thing (because they have accounts to pay in the course of operating their business) is a bit like the club being $2.5 Million in debt due to accumulated losses - it is rubbish and mere scaremongering. It is a matter of cash flow management.

So B-Dos...you tell me how they don't have this problem every year and it just happens to be right now, just before we vote for the clubs future that this is an extraordinary event?

didnt i say i wasnt commenting on the article alex

seems youve brought an argument into this discussion which ive never made in order to give yourself somethig to defend??

I'm not on the defence. Just seeking clarity through the crap is all.

(To be fair I did say that both Baron and you were unnecessarily bagging Burro, and Baron was bagging him about the $1.5 Million thing).

no worries, you got it wrong. no hard feelings

so alex tell me this - do you approve of the gag order placed on burraston and do you think his comments over the last few weeks have been appropriate and in the best interests of the club, or have they been misleading (to the average punter) and in his own interests?

yep, just dip into the buckets of cash we have laying about?

hardly

didnt i say i wasnt commenting on the article alex

seems youve brought an argument into this discussion which ive never made in order to give yourself somethig to defend??

no worries, you got it wrong. no hard feelings

so alex tell me this - do you approve of the gag order placed on burraston and do you think his comments over the last few weeks have been appropriate and in the best interests of the club, or have they been misleading (to the average punter) and in his own interests?
Gagging Burro is a big error. It almost suggests that Tinks has pushed for it and that will hold weight in all of this. Burro works for free so how could he care less about what he gains or loses from this? The Herald are milking every bad vibe they can get out of this to sell papers. They are out for Burro's head. No two ways about it.

Alex28

Coach
B-Dos - you doubting the cash flow position which I stated, as well as the "buckets of cash" comment means you are debating this very topic. Surely you aren't that weak that you take potshots from the sidelines and then say "I'm not debating this"...

They repaid the Jockey Club and the Chargers - probably from the same buckets of cash laying around. Heard of something called "cash flow"?

As for the gag order...I agree that Burro wasn't selling the proposal that the club had backed at board level and as such if he isn't doing his job in that respect then he should be gagged. Shame it had to come to that - it kinda makes his position untenable at the club.

Newie...tell me where this $6 Million figure comes from? My guess is:

Accumulated Losses - $2.5 Million
Tinkler - $500,000
Hunter Venues - $250,000
Current Liabilities - $1.5 Million
ATO - ?

You know that Accumulated Losses are already met don't you? Nothing owed to anybody in this respect. You know the club has trade creditors of $2.5 Million as at the end of 2009? $1.5 Million isn't huge. The debt isn't the issue for the club - cash flow is and that is what Tinkler will fix.

It is amazing what people are focussing on here. $100 Million. $2.5 Million. $1.5 Million. These are just things to sensationalise what should be a straight forward decision.

Alex I was just adding this black hole of 1.5 million to the existing 4 million dollar debt they keep going on about. So no mate i did not know that accumulated losses are already met. Thanks for clearing that up.

Gagging Burro is a big error. It almost suggests that Tinks has pushed for it and that will hold weight in all of this. Burro works for free so how could he care less about what he gains or loses from this? The Herald are milking every bad vibe they can get out of this to sell papers. They are out for Burro's head. No two ways about it.

Burro is a paid employee mate.......

Please tell me I have misunderstood that you thought this somehow?

Its the board members that work for free.....

B-dos

Referee
B-Dos - you doubting the cash flow position which I stated, as well as the "buckets of cash" comment means you are debating this very topic. Surely you aren't that weak that you take potshots from the sidelines and then say "I'm not debating this"...

oh for goodness sake,. i made a comment on somethign you said which was completely irrelevant to what i had been saying

my apologies, next time ill ignore the entire irrelevant post

As for the gag order...I agree that Burro wasn't selling the proposal that the club had backed at board level and as such if he isn't doing his job in that respect then he should be gagged. Shame it had to come to that - it kinda makes his position untenable at the club.

pleased to hear we agree after all

B-dos

Referee
Gagging Burro is a big error. It almost suggests that Tinks has pushed for it and that will hold weight in all of this. Burro works for free so how could he care less about what he gains or loses from this?

haha

i should have known this would suggest evil tinkler is behind it. of course it has to work against him!! lol

in actual fact id suggest stopping this imbecile from misleading voters is an excellent move and should assist the vote being passed

The Herald are milking every bad vibe they can get out of this to sell papers. They are out for Burro's head. No two ways about it.

lol

id forgotten the 'herald conspiracy' defence

quick, somebody tell tew he is a herald puppet

haha

i should have known this would suggest evil tinkler is behind it. of course it has to work against him!! lol

in actual fact id suggest stopping this imbecile from misleading voters is an excellent move and should assist the vote being passed

lol

id forgotten the 'herald conspiracy' defence

quick, somebody tell tew he is a herald puppet

:clap: U exist to make the rest of us feel talented.

Latest posts