What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinkler proposal back on (take 3)

That's interesting in itself as email correspondence I had from the Knights Office stated that voting information had only been sent to those members eligible to vote.

Proxy forms were available at tables AFTER the meeting Cram........................hence my concern.

Frederick

Staff member
Proxy forms were available at tables AFTER the meeting Cram........................hence my concern.

Every proxy vote requires the membership number on the form. I have no doubt that PWC will have been provided with a list of all Knights members eligible to vote and would therefore be able to remove those proxy forms from those not eligible to vote.

Every proxy vote requires the membership number on the form. I have no doubt that PWC will have been provided with a list of all Knights members eligible to vote and would therefore be able to remove those proxy forms from those not eligible to vote.

That apparently is correct Fred, after having contacted Knights office I was assured that ALL proxies coming in had there membership number checked against Knights members database by PWC. If there was no membership number, or filled in incorrectly, then they were counted as informal votes.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
That apparently is correct Fred, after having contacted Knights office I was assured that ALL proxies coming in had there membership number checked against Knights members database by PWC. If there was no membership number, or filled in incorrectly, then they were counted as informal votes.
*their ;-)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: Harsh.

Although technically I still am. In any case, did anything worthwhile happen at the meeting last night? Did any new information come to light?

perverse

Referee
ok.. so what if there is a valid membership number, but the member didn't renew before November 30, which i believe was the case in the example you gave? i assume this database only holds voting members in this case?

ok.. so what if there is a valid membership number, but the member didn't renew before November 30, which i believe was the case in the example you gave? i assume this database only holds voting members in this case?[/QUOTE]

Thats what i am hoping Pervey, otherwise anyone who is a member can vote...................which COULD swing it well and truly one way or the other.

cram

Bench
Good to see and ad in the paper featuring some of the Knights Nanas supporting the Tinkler Proposal.

Snoop

Coach
ok.. so what if there is a valid membership number, but the member didn't renew before November 30, which i believe was the case in the example you gave? i assume this database only holds voting members in this case?

PWC will weed out who is and who is not eligible to cast a vote.

cram

Bench
can you scan and post mate?

Will do it tomorrow. I saw it in the paper at work. I asked a question yesterday to TSG and they rang me in 15minutes....must be nice to have all that money and therefore all of those staff.....

can you scan and post mate?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Knights Nannas.jpg
    Knights Nannas.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 115

Bicey_18

Bench
That is really encouraging. Personally, I think the deal will get over the line. Seems like most members who were going to vote "no" have had a change of heart after last night. If it does goes through... it will be the greatest moment in the Knights history no doubt

Archduke_Franz

Juniors
Did anyone go to the patrons trust meeting last night? I heard that there was only about 65 people there and of that only 45-50 people were actually going to vote no.

cram

Bench
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...xed-reception-for-alternate-view/2118095.aspx

Knights fight: Mixed reception for alternate view

BY JAMES GARDINER
30 Mar, 2011 04:00 AM
PATRONS Trust spokesman Andrew Poole received a mixed reception from a small but spirited crowd at a members information meeting at Newcastle Panthers last night.
About 60 members attended the session, which was low-key and informal compared with the 800-strong meeting held by the Tinkler Sports Group at the same venue on Monday, when the mining magnate outlined his privatisation proposal.
Sitting on a lone chair at the front of the stage, Mr Poole provided details of the Patrons Trust, which guarantees a minimum $1.5million for each of the next four years, and described keeping the club community-owned as the superior all-round offer.
Knights member and Patrons Trust advocate Stephen Barrett introduced Mr Poole, who gave a 20-minute presentation before taking questions from the floor for an hour.
In his delivery, Mr Poole, a multimillionaire Lake Macquarie businessman, produced a bank cheque for $1.5million, which he said would be presented to the Knights if the members voted against the Tinkler takeover at an extraordinary general meeting at Newcastle Entertainment Centre tomorrow night.
‘‘It is not a figment of anyone’s imagination,’’ Mr Poole said.
‘‘The trust will provide the Knights with donations – no strings attached – to be spent on specific initiatives. It doesn’t go into general revenue, it goes into a trust account at the start of the year and is drawn by the Knights for development, facilities and equipment.
‘‘We believe we don’t need to sell our club to be viable and prosperous long term.’’
Endorsed by the Knights board, Nathan Tinkler’s offer guarantees to underwrite sponsorship of $10million for the 10 years, backed by a bank guarantee of $20million for the first two years and $10million for the following eight. Existing Knights debts, estimated at between $3.5million and $4.6million, would be cleared immediately.
Although committed to four years, Mr Poole was confident the trust would not be required beyond that term.
‘‘My projections and my understanding of where rugby league is going with new TV rights and new sponsorship, I don’t think they will need it in two years time,’’ he said.
‘‘But if at the end of the four-year period they still need the Patrons I’m sure we will be there.’’
About 15 members, headed by supporters club chairman Jim Thornton, spoke in favour of the Patrons Trust.
The biggest query from the floor was why the other two trust members had remained anonymous.
Mr Poole made no apologies for their anonymity and said if it ‘‘hurt the cause so be it’’.
An accountant by profession, Mr Poole questioned some of the figures the Tinkler Sports Group had raised regarding the club’s liabilities. For Mr Tinkler’s bid to be successful it must be approved by 75per cent of members who choose to vote.

cram

Bench
There is also a small piece on the front page of the paper that indicates that Jarrod Mullen's mother spoke against the Patrons Trust and made a direct reference to the web site that the bloke of Barrett is involved in.

aqua_duck

Coach
Poole just doesn't get it, sure in 2 years we might not need the trust but we won't have any competitive advantage over our rivals. The trust model will mean we'll go from bottom feeders to maybe somewhere toward the middle of the pack, the Tinkler deal could make us the top dogs, within a month if the Tinkler deal goes through we could have Bennett and Snowden signed on, Ike and Kids re-signed with major 3rd party deals and Pika telling us all about the new full-time staff and state of the art equipment and facilities

Latest posts