What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans game

hazzbeen

Bench
If Creagh spent as much time playing as he did winning about every tackle he would be a superstar. frizzell Ah Mah and DeBelin would be the only three who earned their keep.

They promised so much in parts of the first half but then just looked pathetic.

I would rather see the Tigers beat us next week and miss the eight than watch them be embarrassed in the semis.

In parts they looked dominant, they were thinking and making good meters and decisions. Then it was like who is this mob. They didn't know what to do with the ball, they were ill disciplined, they fell off tackles, when they actually attempted to make them.

I am so disappointed in that display. They just weren't interested in winning. They obviously saw the titans loose player after player and thought, nah we cant loose this. The local under 8's would have beaten them.

I cant understand the mentality of this side at times. I have seen 45 years of them playing and these last few years have been a kick in the gut. They seem to believe that mediocrity is acceptable.
This ...Mate I feel the same way......Really have not been any good for a long time...

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
If Creagh spent as much time playing as he did winning about every tackle he would be a superstar. frizzell Ah Mah and DeBelin would be the only three who earned their keep.

I would rather see the Tigers beat us next week and miss the eight than watch them be embarrassed in the semis.

In parts they looked dominant, they were thinking and making good meters and decisions. Then it was like who is this mob. They didn't know what to do with the ball, they were ill disciplined, they fell off tackles, when they actually attempted to make them.

I am so disappointed in that display. They just weren't interested in winning. They obviously saw the titans loose player after player and thought, nah we cant loose this. The local under 8's would have beaten them.

I cant understand the mentality of this side at times. I have seen 45 years of them playing and these last few years have been a kick in the gut. They seem to believe that mediocrity is acceptable.

Know what you mean mate....my belief is the mediocrity is mainly the coaches fault.....would we play with this lack of intensity under Bennett, Bellamy or Hasler....DONT think so

giboz71

First Grade
Our forwards were meant to be our weakness this year, and by and large they have aimed up. We were all over them when we we were up 20-12. We just needed our stars to deliver the knockout and they just couldn't deliver. They haven't all year.

Still can't work out if it's a coaching issue or if Marshall, Widdop and Dugan are just flat out ordinary. Still trying to work that out. But seeing Elgey and Mortimer orchestrate that win tonight with what was essentially a reserve grade side, and no forward dominance just speaks volumes.

On paper, there is enough quality in this backline. But the number of balls hitting the ground, players stopping in their tracks and getting in each other's say coz the play has broken down, it's downright painful to watch when you compare us to the top free flowing back lines. Inside our 20, we have nothing but trying to bash and barge across the line. It's pathetic.

Still wonder what this mob do at training all week?

ruthless dragon

Juniors

Well, unfortunately I agree no gel and no understanding between players but it wasn't always so, so what the hell has happened?.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Our forwards were meant to be our weakness this year, and by and large they have aimed up. We were all over them when we we were up 20-12. We just needed our stars to deliver the knockout and they just couldn't deliver. They haven't all year.

Still can't work out if it's a coaching issue or if Marshall, Widdop and Dugan are just flat out ordinary. Still trying to work that out. But seeing Elgey and Mortimer orchestrate that win tonight with what was essentially a reserve grade side, and no forward dominance just speaks volumes.

On paper, there is enough quality in this backline. But the number of balls hitting the ground, players stopping in their tracks and getting in each other's say coz the play has broken down, it's downright painful to watch when you compare us to the top free flowing back lines. Inside our 20, we have nothing but trying to bash and barge across the line. It's pathetic.

Still wonder what this mob do at training all week?

Jesus, 3 agreements sad if it wasn't true haha...seriously what's the story with Millward?
the guy seems insipid like the team now plays...not happy Jan.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
WOW, we do have problems at this late stage of the season and cannot see any change next week and the Tigers are coming to get us.
Seriously I cannot see any player out there today earning is contract payment for NRL standard.
We have problems with our key players 9,6,7,and 1 and it is to late to experiment.The centres are way out of their depth on current form and the only hope is that they at least mark up in defence and limit any damage by the Tigers.
Believe me Manly are a real chance of being in the eight on today's and last weeks RUBBISH>

boardlumps62

Juniors
A lot of solid criticism on our rabble which represents the best we have at the Dragons pathetic in my opinion. Last post i have to disagree its not to late to change this team because they are going nowhere in 2015. Make the 8 terrific but lambs for the slaughter so why not experiment. The wingers and centre r very ordinary dont blame the forwards we just dont have any backs to make a bust hence all forward play. Mary change the team bring in some speed if we have any.

V

Vasilevsky

Jesus, 3 agreements sad if it wasn't true haha...seriously what's the story with Millward?
the guy seems insipid like the team now plays...not happy Jan.

I thought Marshall was great in the first half. The whole team was terrible in the 2nd.

rasaint

Juniors
Not all doom and gloom everyone. We played a team who recently realised that some of their 'stars' are that good. Titans at the moment are really going well. They got a few favourable calls ( especially the mead Harlem Globetrotters bounce in the corner), but that's the way it goes in some games.

We do lack attack in the backs, lack of speed, wish we had James Roberts. Aiken seems to have faded lately. Yes Heath l'strange was a fixture when we were going well. Bring him in please.

Footy is a funny game, let's see what happens in the finals.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Last season we lamented how our pack was dominated by other sides. It has improved this year and will be even better next year.

Now we all realise there is a real lack of speed in the backline. Hope it doesn't take 2 seasons to fix it!

Today we were just beaten by a really quick side. Seriously flo looked like a lost senior citizen out there. He was out jumped for one try, then forced in the ingoal that led to another. Game over.

I know he is s club legend, but he should consider getting ankle surgery now and handing over his wing spot to hunt or glymin for the rest of this season.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Not all doom and gloom everyone. We played a team who recently realised that some of their 'stars' are that good. Titans at the moment are really going well. They got a few favourable calls ( especially the mead Harlem Globetrotters bounce in the corner), but that's the way it goes in some games.

We do lack attack in the backs, lack of speed, wish we had James Roberts. Aiken seems to have faded lately. Yes Heath l'strange was a fixture when we were going well. Bring him in please.

Footy is a funny game, let's see what happens in the finals.

Agree there are some desperate bottom feeders ATM trying to avoid a spoon ie parra beating manly, Knights beating Melbourne etc and Knights and parra both could have won yesterday and nqld look woeful too

Maybe a close loss we needed to have!

Come week 1 no difference between us and 5th if you lose doesn't matter how well you played all season

Bring on the finals the boys had something at the start of the year and maybe a tight loss will benefit then a big win where we get towered week 1 aka when we played Broncos after 2 big wins

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's astounding how many people on this forum criticize Benji.
Haha. You posted that before anyone made any criticism. Sensitive perhaps?

Mr Marshall was as good as he could be today.

Our real problem stems from the pedestrian attitude of the whole side and that comes from the top. The players can do it, but to compete well they need a solid coaching team.

The Titans should have been a pushover today.
Nightingale was really bad today.
It's astounding how many people on this forum criticize Jason.

Puff2010

Juniors
Very hard to watch. I'm at a loss as to why we can't get the back line moving. So many passes sent to ground behind players, and players didn't seem to know what to do. Painful to be a die hard fan

Mr Red

First Grade
Haha. You posted that before anyone made any criticism. Sensitive perhaps?

Mr Marshall was as good as he could be today.

Our real problem stems from the pedestrian attitude of the whole side and that comes from the top. The players can do it, but to compete well they need a solid coaching team.

The Titans should have been a pushover today.It's astounding how many people on this forum criticize Jason.

Pedestrian attitude.. Perfect summation
I would even throw in terms such as intensity, desperation, enthusiasm, passion, heart, aggression as other terms lacking from the teams vocabulary .......

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Very hard to watch. I'm at a loss as to why we can't get the back line moving. So many passes sent to ground behind players, and players didn't seem to know what to do. Painful to be a die hard fan
It's extraordinary isn't it?

The week before we seem to find depth in the back line movements... but for some reason that is forgotten the week after?

But it was a high scoring match between two sides that looked pretty much shot for the year.

The final try to the Titans was the face-palm moment. One of the sloppiest and most uninteresting tries I have ever seen.

It came from a ball sitting in the ruck, all on its lonesome. The marker and dummy half seemed to notice it at the same time, this was to the dummy half's advantage and a try resulted. Meanwhile, the other goal line defenders were having haircuts.

For me, that summed up the whole match.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Pedestrian attitude.. Perfect summation
I would even throw in terms such as intensity, desperation, enthusiasm, passion, heart, aggression as other terms lacking from the teams vocabulary .......
I thought I was being kind.

But yeah, serious lack of heart.

This is not a game we should have lost.

Everything to play for in front of a friendly 'away' crowd. Lots of Saints supporters on the Gold Coast.