What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans ready to sack Walker

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: There's white text in that post lzd... it was designed to lure and kill.

The text, for your reference:

Dodger said:
Let's see how many bites this one gets.

I was joking. The Titans are undertaking an internal investigation - they no better than me what happened, it's up to them to deal with it ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Master Vippo said:
Doesnt take much to be ejected from a bar though, who hasnt been? It sounds like Searlye wants to keep him. Media big-up

indeed
if i lost my job for everytime ive been kicked out of a bar, id just about be out of professions, 99% of them for simply being visably intoxicated.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
This is actually quite tame for walker. Normally he would have at least peed all over someone first, Swung 5 haymakers and headbutted a window.

The Preacher

First Grade
TheBourbonBeast said:
This is actually quite tame for walker. Normally he would have at least peed all over someone first, Swung 5 haymakers and headbutted a window.

He should headbutt a mirror then have a f**king good look at himself!!!:crazy:

nqboy

First Grade
Walker suspended indefinitely
April 18, 2007 - 5:15PM

Rugby league bad boy Chris Walker is under indefinite suspension with his NRL career in the balance as the Gold Coast Titans investigate an alleged off-field incident.

Titans managing director Michael Searle said Walker, 27, had breached the club's and the NRL players' code of conduct but declined to give details until the club have completed their investigation.

But AAP understands former Queensland Origin winger Walker was ejected from a Surfers Paradise bar on the Gold Coast after being involved in a fight.

It is believed dual international Mat Rogers was also at the bar but there's no suggestion he played any part in the incident which was brought to the club's attention by a member of the public 10 days ago.

"I think it's fair to say at this stage Chris has been suspended in the interim until this matter is resolved," Searle told reporters at a press conference on the Gold Coast.

"It's not a police matter, it's not a criminal matter, there was no harm to any third party and there was no illicit drug use.

"We take all matters seriously where the club or the NRL could be brought into disrepute.

"All matters that relate to player conduct are serious and we investigate them fully."

He hasn't ruled out terminating Walker's contract with the NRL newcomers.

"It's an internal matter that we'll deal with," Searle said.

"I'm not going to have the issue debated in the public forum."

Only last month Walker told reporters he was ready to swap the old bad boy tag for "choir boy" after agreeing to a one-year deal with the Titans and imposing an alcohol ban on himself.

Walker was one of the Titans' best during their three pre-season trial games before breaking his thumb in the club's historic season-opener against St George Illawarra on March 18.

The Titans were considered the last chance for Walker after he had landed in strife during stints with Brisbane, Sydney Roosters, South Sydney and Melbourne.

Walker's manager Chris Orr failed to return calls.

Searle said Walker was due back on the field in four weeks but he expected the club's investigation to be completed within 30 days.

The Titans' disciplinary committee - comprising Searle, club chairman Paul Broughton and coach John Cartwright - will decide Walker's fate.

Searle said the club had four options - do nothing, suspend Walker, fine him or rip up his contract.

"We'd like to conclude this matter as quickly as we can but we're not in a position to do so and I can't comment any further before this process is concluded," he said in a prepared statement.

"Suffice to say we will deal with the matter expediently and sufficiently but we're also conscious of the individual.

"He will obtain natural justice and that's important."

Searle said the investigation was close to being finalised but some new material has come to hand.

He was due to attend an NRL judiciary hearing in Sydney involving Titans back-rower Luke Swain, who's been charged with striking.

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/walker-suspended-indefinitely/20072918-881.html

mattyg

Bench
i thought it was a part of his contract that it would be torn up if he got in any sort of trouble off field. If he was serious about it, he wouldn't have been in a state to get kicked out of a club. He deserves what he gets if this whole story is true. It is his final chance and it only takes him 5 weeks in the season to get into some sort of controversy...bye bye Walker

Farva

Juniors
According to brother Shane, poor old Chris has a psychological condition.....(Ch10 news).

Hmm, seems to me a case of the old dic*head syndrome.....

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Intriguing... I'll bring out the 'Dogs siege mentality defence again - why is it ok and the media is seemingly going to accept that the Titans will handle this investigation in house... but when it comes to our indiscretions and allegations everything is flung into public domain, allowing doubt and biased justice?

mattyg

Bench
Dodger said:
Intriguing... I'll bring out the 'Dogs siege mentality defence again - why is it ok and the media is seemingly going to accept that the Titans will handle this investigation in house... but when it comes to our indiscretions and allegations everything is flung into public domain, allowing doubt and biased justice?

coz we sell more papers

what a load of crap this story is.....he was on his own time, imo when you are not on your clubs time you should be able to do anything you want to, within reason of course and if it is ilegal then let the police deal with it

this type of crap really annoys me, i have just started a new business and i am going to have to work it after hours of my current job and on weekends.....and i had to seek permission from my employer due to conglict of interest.....i said to them that after hours is my time and i will not ask permission.....they then threatened me with the sack if i started the business and did not request their permission

imo walker was on his own time and f**ked up....it has nothing to do with the Tits or the NRL......but then again.....if he f**ked up when he was on the clock for the Tits or the NRL then punish him

He has ADD...A Dumb D%ckhead !!.

The guy has never learned that his profession comes with an element of maturity and never will...he failed at Storm and is now in trouble at Titans; ditch him before he tarnishes the club even more.

ktcoop

Juniors
With no police investigation under way ... no one reportedly hurt ... I hope that Walker hasn't screwed up this chance.
If he does have his contract torn up for this ... perhaps the NRL should look at a policy for all clubs ?!?!?
Seems SOME players can be involved in all sorts of off-field (and in some case on-field) behaviour that is unacceptable and they are still playing!
Still even get rep duties ... where is the logic??

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
kia ora storm said:
He has ADD...A Dumb D%ckhead !!.

The guy has never learned that his profession comes with an element of maturity and never will...he failed at Storm and is now in trouble at Titans; ditch him before he tarnishes the club even more.

Maturity? Seriously, footy players are young blokes whose focus is to be quick, strong athletes getting big $$$ to bash and be bashed for 10 years before they get too old. They believe they are in a different world to normal people - binge drinking; drugs, group sex (even when "happily" married); pissing in public; aggravating or bashing people in public places. The majority are probably OK blokes and a minority are complete wankers like Walker, Mason, Gower etc. You put the majority with their minority "peers" and then they seem to think acting like a prick in public is OK. Remember - Mason is an Aust rep - so is Gower (and club captain at one point); walker is part of a well known rugby league family. Young blokes actually look up to these clowns.

How do you solve this? Player managers are useless and may act worse than the players. *edit* was drinking at the same pub when SBW was blind drunk.

First - I would ban all players from drinking IN PUBLIC PLACES - fullstop. Immediate penalty $25K. Do it again- contract torn up and banned from NRL for 2 years. Stupid people need big sticks to learn simple lessons.

Rockin Ronny said:
Maturity? Seriously, footy players are young blokes whose focus is to be quick, strong athletes getting big $$$ to bash and be bashed for 10 years before they get too old. They believe they are in a different world to normal people - binge drinking; drugs, group sex (even when "happily" married); pissing in public; aggravating or bashing people in public places. The majority are probably OK blokes and a minority are complete wankers like Walker, Mason, Gower etc. You put the majority with their minority "peers" and then they seem to think acting like a prick in public is OK. Remember - Mason is an Aust rep - so is Gower (and club captain at one point); walker is part of a well known rugby league family. Young blokes actually look up to these clowns.

How do you solve this? Player managers are useless and may act worse than the players. *edit* was drinking at the same pub when SBW was blind drunk.

First - I would ban all players from drinking IN PUBLIC PLACES - fullstop. Immediate penalty $25K. Do it again- contract torn up and banned from NRL for 2 years. Stupid people need big sticks to learn simple lessons.

Young blokes do look up to these clowns - that is the sad thing about it...imagine this:

Son: "Dad..I want to be like Chris Walker...he is the best !!!".

Dad: "Okay son..go and act like a tosser and you can be just like him".

Whilst players should only be judged for their performance on the field it is also their demeanour off it that shows that some of these guys do not have the mentality to behave in public...

Coaster

Bench
Rockin Ronny said:
They believe they are in a different world to normal people - binge drinking; drugs, group sex (even when "happily" married); pissing in public; aggravating or bashing people in public places.

They dont think they are in a different world, you are suggesting they should be.

Go stand in Surfers Paradise one friday night, and count the young people (GIRLS and GUYS)doing all those things above, you will be up to 100 before you get cold. Most of them are tourists or Vics and have no idea who Walker even is.

Fine them 25k for drinking in public? maybe we should just lock them in a box, and let them out to play football for our enjoyment. :roll:

The Preacher

First Grade
Rockin Ronny said:

With suggestions like the above, YOU shouldn't be allowed in public places, you f**kwit.

As far as "big sticks" go, you should get your hand off yours!!