What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans will win the Grand Final

coldhardbitch

Juniors
I'm sick to death of hearing every analyst, journalist and commentator praising the Dragons, Dogs, Manly and even Melbourne when the team coming 2nd- the Titans, never even get a mention.
We are just as good as the four mentioned teams, and have beaten all four of them this season. We are unbeateable at home, and have an almost fully-fit squad (O'Dwyer and Rogers will be back any week now).

We also have a killer forward pack, the best no.9 in the game (Friend, IMO), one of the best halfbacks in the game Scott Prince. We also have the man who will likely win Dally M Rookie of the year in Kevin Gordon.

We are on fire at the moment, and we are showing every sign that we can and will win the Grand Final.

So how about some credit from media and commentators alike?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
On fire? We beat you last week. One or two injuries and you're shot ducks.

The Colonel

Immortal
Why would you like the media to jump on the bandwagon? I'd be happier if my club wasn't receiving any press..... less pressure. If and when they get closer to the finals there will be plenty of media.....

Paullyboy

Coach
I agree with Colonel, you should be happy about that.

I think a Titans/Dragons final is almost certain but I can't see them beating the Dragons in Sydney. I'd love to be proven wrong though as I think it'd be great for the Coast.

_Johnsy

Referee
I'm sick to death of hearing every analyst, journalist and commentator praising the Dragons, Dogs, Manly and even Melbourne when the team coming 2nd- the Titans, never even get a mention.
We are just as good as the four mentioned teams, and have beaten all four of them this season. We are unbeateable at home, and have an almost fully-fit squad (O'Dwyer and Rogers will be back any week now).

We also have a killer forward pack, the best no.9 in the game (Friend, IMO), one of the best halfbacks in the game Scott Prince. We also have the man who will likely win Dally M Rookie of the year in Kevin Gordon.

We are on fire at the moment, and we are showing every sign that we can and will win the Grand Final.

So how about some credit from media and commentators alike?

FMD, just like a couple of 4th time lucky fans, you have the disctinct aura of:
mom-cards-look-at-me-m.jpg

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I blame you mouthpeices, Cartwright and Prince.

They continually say "we need to put sides away to compete with the better teams like the Dragon/Bulldogs etc"

That siad, I don't see anyonw writing you guys off either.

Coaster

Bench
Less people concentrate on us the better IMO.

Interesting stat

Only 6 teams have won all their home games in a season. Of those 6 teams, 5 have won the grand final. The other didn't win but made the grand final.

We have 3 home games to go, but as they say 1 step at a time.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Best hooker and rookie in the game?

FMD, what bias. Friend is garbage compared to Smith, Ennis, Farah and even Ballin.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Less people concentrate on us the better IMO.

Interesting stat

Only 6 teams have won all their home games in a season. Of those 6 teams, 5 have won the grand final. The other didn't win but made the grand final.

We have 3 home games to go, but as they say 1 step at a time.
If I were the titans, I'd be more worried about our away record than the home record given the finals matches that matter are played in Sydney.

I think the Titans really are the quiet achievers of this comp, I don't really rate their chances too highly of taking it out, but they'll give the finals a real shakeup. Their defense is their biggest concern IMO, they are coming 3rd last in missed tackles (that said bulldogs are 2nd last) and are quite prone to errors. They also have a solid pack but I don't think it really has all that much strike power. As for Friend being the best hooker in the game, I think that is a bit of a stretch, his workrate in defense is great but he is far from a brilliant attacking hooker, I could think of at least 4 or 5 who I rate higher.

_Johnsy

Referee
we can and will win the Grand Final.

Are you prepared to put your hard earned $$$ on it ?

On a side note, current betting

NRL Premiership - http://www.tab.com.au/Sports/Betting...&MeetingType=0

St.George Illawarra - $3.25
Canterbury - $4.50
Manly - $5.50
Melbourne - $6.00 (excellent value)
Gold Coast - $9.00 (excellent value)
Cowboys - $21.00
Newcastle - $26.00
Penrith - $34.00
Brisbane - $41.00
Souths & Tigers - $51.00

IMO you dont have the forwards that will dominate in semi final footy, your forwards can run other forward packs around, but lacks real impact in the middle IMO.

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
IMO you dont have the forwards that will dominate in semi final footy, your forwards can run other forward packs around, but lacks real impact in the middle IMO.
People said the same thing about the Tigers...

The Titans are very similar to the Tigers of 05. If they get a quick game with heavily policed rucks they can beat anyone, comfortably

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Are you prepared to put your hard earned $$$ on it ?

On a side note, current betting

NRL Premiership - http://www.tab.com.au/Sports/Betting...&MeetingType=0

St.George Illawarra - $3.25
Canterbury - $4.50
Manly - $5.50
Melbourne - $6.00 (excellent value)
Gold Coast - $9.00 (excellent value)
Cowboys - $21.00
Newcastle - $26.00
Penrith - $34.00
Brisbane - $41.00
Souths & Tigers - $51.00

I've already put some hard earned on it.

And Johnsy, your from the Tweed like me. Support your local team buddy.:p

Coaster

Bench
Lets say we finish 2nd
And get a home semi and win that
Does that mean we get the week off, then another home Semi to go into the GF?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The Coast won't win anything with The Rat at 6, or anywhere for that matter.

He's been Paul Carrige like over the last month.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Best hooker and rookie in the game?

FMD, what bias. Friend is garbage compared to Smith, Ennis, Farah and even Ballin.

I wouldn't trade Friend for any of the above. His work rate is outstanding, and from short-range, there is no deadlier dummy half in the game. The tries he creates for his forwards are fantastic- Lafrancci will well you that.

And Kevin Gordon will be a special for Rookie of the year. Idris is inconsistent and has been injured for much of the season, Mortimer has come on too late and will be hurt by playing in a losing team. Same with Locke. ?So Gordon will pick up the gong.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Lets say we finish 2nd
And get a home semi and win that
Does that mean we get the week off, then another home Semi to go into the GF?

Yep.:D

If we're top 2, we will get 2 home semi's and a week off(providing we win the first one). And we are unbeateable at home.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
The Coast won't win anything with The Rat at 6, or anywhere for that matter.

He's been Paul Carrige like over the last month.

agreed. But Cartwright is shifting him from the no.6 shirt when he comes back (in todays GCB).

Our team will be:>
1. Zillman

6. Campbell
7. Prince

9. Friend

I don't know where they will play Rat, maybe off the bench cos he can cover all bacline positions. I agree he maybe has played on a year too long.

Latest posts