What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans will win the Grand Final

_Johnsy

Referee
LOL at stg/Ill supporters speaking about premierships like they have a f*cking clue

I hope the 4th time luckies go well, but because some people dont think they will win it and offer this opinion, poor little coaster has a little tantie. How very GC.

You take offence at StGeorge fans talking about GF's. 2 points to consider we have made a few, GC can only dream of qualifying. GC have never been close to playing in the decider, Hypocrite much :lol::lol::lol:

it could seriously happen chook.

warriors vs chooks. you can win that

raiders vs sharks. f**k. we're on a 5 game winning streak in bruce.

its aaalll good!

ofcourse no barrett for the year so yeah. whoopeee!

coldhardbitch

Juniors
LOL at Gold Coast Fans speaking about premierships like they have a f*cking clue. You guys have been around for 3 WHOLE years and you want to talk premierships. Play some finals footy first.

There we go. The old 'you guys should just be happy to be there' sentiment.
We have achieved more in 3 years than most Sydney teams have in 100. We play in an awesome stadium, get great crowds, have a world class training centre being built, and are financially viable. Most Sydney clubs play in ramshackle parks in front of 5000 fans.

Melbourne won in 2 years, and we can win in 3. I certainly hope the Dragons play us in the GF.

_Johnsy

Referee
Agreed. Unfortunately all Saints supporters think the 2009 GF is their god-given right. The media seem to think so too. They'll be dissapointed again, after so much hype- just like every other year for the past 30 years.

I'll give you $1000 if you can find any dragon fan stating itis their god given right. But I am sure it's you who started this thread about the 4th time luckies not getting any credit and that they will win the GF.

Again, how very GC of you.

We have achieved more in 3 years than most Sydney teams have in 100. We play in an awesome stadium, get great crowds, have a world class training centre being built, and are financially viable. Most Sydney clubs play in ramshackle parks in front of 5000 fans.

Melbourne won in 2 years, and we can win in 3. I certainly hope the Dragons play us in the GF.

And your juniors are on the best drugs money can buy.

Coaster

Bench
Opinions are like A*ssholes, everyone has one, yours just stinks.

And i'm sure there are old St George fans on here who were around in 70's when the unmerged St George last won a premiership. St George and St George Illawarra might be 2 different teams but your wrong many of us supported the pre merged team

So you are saying you used to follow another team who once won a Premiership? Me too, pity the team your following now has as many trophies as we do, and as you say "we have only been here 3 years":D

coldhardbitch

Juniors
I hope the 4th time luckies go well, but because some people dont think they will win it and offer this opinion, poor little coaster has a little tantie. How very GC.

You take offence at StGeorge fans talking about GF's. 2 points to consider we have made a few, GC can only dream of qualifying. GC have never been close to playing in the decider, Hypocrite much :lol::lol::lol:

It didn't help that the Sydney-centric NRL booted the Gold Coast out of the comp for 10 years.

By the way, how many GF's have St Geroge Illawarra won...? That's right- none. And the only time you came close was in 2000 when you had double the salary cp of everyone else.

saint pebba

Coach
Lets say we finish 2nd
And get a home semi and win that
Does that mean we get the week off, then another home Semi to go into the GF?

Even if this was to happen you would then need to come to sydney to play either Manly, Bulldgos or the dragons.

Considering your away record a win against any of these teams would be unlikely

coldhardbitch

Juniors
It might have taken 4 tries, but at least we didnt have to merge. We now have a full team to call our own, how does it feel to have half?

Agreed, most Dragons fans like to forget the Illawarra bit- even though it's where they pilfer all their juniors from.

Face it, without the Illawarra merger, you would have been the Sutherland Dragons.

_Johnsy

Referee
we can win in 3. I certainly hope the Dragons play us in the GF.

LOL @ the 5th time lucky fans talking about success. I think you'll find the Gold Coast have been a part of the ARL/NRL for quite a few years now.

1988-1991 Giants
1992-1994 Seagulls
1995-1996 Gladiators
1997-1998 Chargers
2007 - Titans

_Johnsy

Referee
It didn't help that the Sydney-centric NRL booted the Gold Coast out of the comp for 10 years.

By the way, how many GF's have St Geroge Illawarra won...? That's right- none. And the only time you came close was in 2000 when you had double the salary cp of everyone else.

I think you need to slow down and actually think before you type.

A few massive, but basic errors you made.

1. The ARL had to take over the running of your club.
2. We actually lost the 1999 grand final.
3. we did not have double the salary cap.

Last edited:

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors

Mmm. Lets test your theory against the Sydney Clubs.

South since 1908 - 20 premierships
Roosters since 1908 - 12 premierships
Canterbury since 1935 - 8 premierships
Manly since 1947 - 7 premierships
Parramatta since 1947 - 4 premierships
Penrith since 1967 - 2 premierships
Cronulla since 1967 - 3 grand final appearances
St George Illawaraa since 1999 - 1 grand final appearance and before the merger 15 premierships
Wests Tigers since 2000 - 1 premiership and before merger 15 combined premierships

Now lets see.... Gold Coast - NEVER played finals football. Yes i can see how you guys have achieved more than sydney clubs have in 100 years. Last time i checked success is judged by premierships not by how good your stadium is. LOL your a joke!

saint pebba

Coach
Agreed, most Dragons fans like to forget the Illawarra bit- even though it's where they pilfer all their juniors from.

Face it, without the Illawarra merger, you would have been the Sutherland Dragons.

You can make all the lamest statements you want but the cold hard facts are your away record is abysmal and the only three teams you have beaten away from home are the storm in melb, the cowboys in qld, and the roosters(worst team in the comp) on the central coast.

This highlights to me that the titans this year are 1 from 7 in NSW, which is where the grand final is played.

Dragon

Coach
waaambulance.thumbnail.jpg

Coaster

Bench
You can make all the lamest statements you want but the cold hard facts are your away record is abysmal and the only three teams you have beaten away from home are the storm in melb, the cowboys in qld, and the roosters(worst team in the comp) on the central coast.

This highlights to me that the titans this year are 1 from 7 in NSW, which is where the grand final is played.

We may only need to win 1 game in Sydney

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Mmm. Lets test your theory against the Sydney Clubs.

South since 1908 - 20 premierships
Roosters since 1908 - 12 premierships
Canterbury since 1935 - 8 premierships
Manly since 1947 - 7 premierships
Parramatta since 1947 - 4 premierships
Penrith since 1967 - 2 premierships
Cronulla since 1967 - 3 grand final appearances
St George Illawaraa since 1999 - 1 grand final appearance and before the merger 15 premierships
Wests Tigers since 2000 - 1 premiership and before merger 15 combined premierships

Now lets see.... Gold Coast - NEVER played finals football. Yes i can see how you guys have achieved more than sydney clubs have in 100 years. Last time i checked success is judged by premierships not by how good your stadium is. LOL your a joke!

I meant off the field.