What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLT: Round 2 Pre Season Challenge - 2023 cut and paste

If JC is not fit for round 1, I think we need Iro on the bench, we have no edge back up.
Billy Burns needs a lot of work.
At least with Iro we can switch Talakai to edge to cover none of the other forwards can handle on a edge

coolumsharkie

Referee
I just have so many bad vibes about this Vegas BS.

Maybe it is just that some fhark wit had 'our' Sharon the hardman as one of the gun promo men that instilled all this negativity within me.

Add to the mix the Fools from FOX, I mean to say what could possibly go wrong.

By the way, are they going to have an AHZIE commentary team for us australian's and one commentary team for the Yanks. It is going to be very painful if there are not two options.
Yeah, I hate it but I understand the idea to have a crack at such a massive market in the modern world. Didn't work for both codes back in the 90's when they tried it, yet kudos for giving it another go, generates income, especially for the upcoming war against China.

Keeps us firmly aligned to a decaying world that is self-destructing right before our eyes but hey, at least the footy will be strong.

I personally don’t get stressed about any bloody trial matches these days. I remember one year Souths flogged us 50-0 and they didn’t make the eight that season and we did.

I also don’t think we’ll be doing anything special until AFB arrives next season so I see this year still being competitive but looking for development with the younger players who are given a go in the team this season.

We’ve got a great draw, a decent competitive team and footy is back for us in a couple of weeks. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Special K

Coach
Yeah I don’t think we can handle a Hynes injury. DA isn’t a half. Puru looks uncomfortable.

But then again the whole roster is built around Nicho and like most teams where if you lose the main guy they’ll struggle. Nicho said DA was playing his role tonight and you could see it on some of those shifts where he struggled to get the long passes right. I think if Nicho is out you have to throw the plan out and go all in with Tricky.

Quigs

Immortal
I think what we have all got to realise is that we still have close to a week left of February.

Combinations take time to settle in in match conditions.

Match experience and confidence will grow during the year.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah I don’t think we can handle a Hynes injury. DA isn’t a half. Puru looks uncomfortable.

But then again the whole roster is built around Nicho and like most teams where if you lose the main guy they’ll struggle. Nicho said DA was playing his role tonight and you could see it on some of those shifts where he struggled to get the long passes right. I think if Nicho is out you have to throw the plan out and go all in with Tricky.

Well, at least the combo was able to be tested in a trial. Afterall, Tricky at half worked well for 3 rounds early last year. Perhaps a straight swap of NH for #577 was just about hoping for less disruption to 3 months of prep to play a certain way.

#577 caused so much disruption that I can barely recall any ballplayer go direct to the line all game. The timing was out from minute 1. The execution fell down at the toe point every time.

In better company a few of last week's kids looked better IMO. Tuku was better, Vea'lia was good in his short stint, Was on the spot to get a try but better was the try saver he pulled off on Sexton - cut him in half. Iro was much better but only made 1 tackle in a complete half of footy. This is where he goes missing in games.

When's Pollard ready?

R-15-3

Bench
As hard as it was to watch thought our defence looked great for the most part.
Didn’t concede a point with 13 on the field.

Good line speed all game and the forwards all looked fit and ready with Rudolph the only exception, hoping he was just easing back in slowly on purpose.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Solid hit out....not too sure what some were expecting first up Defensively solid although the Dogs are no worldbeaters. Gotta agree that the Bulldogs wankfest was a bit much....watched the aecond half minus the volume. Overall i'd say a 6 or 7 out 10 based mainly on the commitment in defence.

Well, at least the combo was able to be tested in a trial. Afterall, Tricky at half worked well for 3 rounds early last year. Perhaps a straight swap of NH for #577 was just about hoping for less disruption to 3 months of prep to play a certain way.

#577 caused so much disruption that I can barely recall any ballplayer go direct to the line all game. The timing was out from minute 1. The execution fell down at the toe point every time.

In better company a few of last week's kids looked better IMO. Tuku was better, Vea'lia was good in his short stint, Was on the spot to get a try but better was the try saver he pulled off on Sexton - cut him in half. Iro was much better but only made 1 tackle in a complete half of footy. This is where he goes missing in games.

When's Pollard ready?
Vea'lia must play lol.

I would have liked to see Healey got some game time last night, for all of Brailey's faults he is miles ahead of Berrell and McInnes when he filled in there

I only watched the Kayo mini this morning to see if I could get a read on the commentary.
By watching the short version you only heard about the Dogs. Even our tries they still only went on about them.
There is no chance that I'll watch the full version with the sound on.
Edit: more realistically, I doubt I'll even watch the full version at all

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
McInnes is a whole hearted battering ram and machine in defence.....no longer a dummy halves arsehole. Did like what the big fella from the Roosters bought to the table though...shows promise.

shaggs

Coach

When's Pollard ready?
Pollard is injured since round 1 of ball