What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney caught Drink Driving!!

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol that article is pathetic, I'd like him more if he said:
" I'm a pisshead! Kiss my arse you rotten motherf**kers! f**k Mobb Deep, f**k Biggie, f**k Bad Boy as a staff, record label, & as a motherf**king crew! "

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Or David Shillington

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/shillington-guilty-of-drink-driving/story-e6frg7mf-1225844485428

Why wasn’t David Shillington hung out to dry? Carney was 0.052 over HIS legal limit or 0.02 over the general legal limit. Shillington was 0.065 over the legal limit. Why didn’t the Raiders sack him after all he COULD of killed someone.

http://www.leagueunlimited7.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18916

While we are it what about Michael Picker who was 4 times over the limit AND crashed his car. Why didn’t the embodiment of good ethics (the Raiders) sack him?

It’s called perspective.
Where did I defend these Raiders players you mentioned? Where have I made out that this is a Raiders V Roosters culture thing? Nowhere.

So all your little links mean nothing. They may make you feel better about little Toddy's latest escapades but they just showcase your desperation in trying to justify little toddy's actions. In all a shallow, pathetic attempt at trying to cast the spotlight away from little toddy by trying to spark a raiders v roosters war. Laughable.

CMUX

Where did I defend these Raiders players you mentioned? Where have I made out that this is a Raiders V Roosters culture thing? Nowhere.

So all your little links mean nothing. They may make you feel better about little Toddy's latest escapades but they just showcase your desperation in trying to justify little toddy's actions. In all a shallow, pathetic attempt at trying to cast the spotlight away from little toddy by trying to spark a raiders v roosters war. Laughable.

Again it’s called perspective. You are calling for Carney to be sacked because you are bitter about what happened when he was at the Raiders. You suggest that the Raiders are all high and mighty for sacking him yet you have 2 players on your roster who recorded worse DUI offences. Is Trevor Thurling still there by the way?

Carney will probably get his licence suspended and deservedly so. That is the apt punishment not sacking him just like the apt punishment for Shillington was a fine and just like the apt punishment for Picker was a suspension/fine.

stormbati

Bench
I thought he gave up drinking(?)
Alcohol is either your friend or your enemy.
Just don't drive if you're gonna drink, get a cab you tight arse.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Again it’s called perspective. You are calling for Carney to be sacked because you are bitter about what happened when he was at the Raiders. You suggest that the Raiders are all high and mighty for sacking him yet you have 2 players on your roster who recorded worse DUI offences. Is Trevor Thurling still there by the way?

Carney will probably get his licence suspended and deservedly so. That is the apt punishment not sacking him just like the apt punishment for Shillington was a fine and just like the apt punishment for Picker was a suspension/fine.

Here are my comments in this thread about Carney's latest effort. Please show me where I asked for his sacking or made out that the raiders were high and mighty. I will proudly plead guilty to Toddy bashing.

Not bad work for a reformed 'superstar'.
Since January 2010:
Setting a bloke's pants on fire.
Allegedly caught with an old woman's prescription medication.
Injuring himself falling off a balcony pissed.
Drink driving.

Of course the rooster's will say that he only set the guys pants on fire because he thought he was cold, he was taking the meds back to the old lady so that other less trustworthy people wouldn't misuse them, he fell off the balcony because he was trying to save a kitten and he was only drink driving to demonstrate to kids that its the wrong thing to do.

images

Thank You Jesus.

Von, the roosters should defend him on this. And although I think that drink driving is unacceptable, Carney should not be sacked or anything ridiculous like that.
My point is that this bloke is not reformed. As a footballer he is undeniably talented but as a person he is nothing but a arrogant f**kwit. His character cannot be reformed.
This reformed crap and good bloke stuff is just sh*t.

The telecrap won't have a field day over Carney. He's their Dally M winner and their countless 'reformed' stories about him last year sold a lot of papers for them.

Not a fan of comicbook arms but talk of anything else other than what the courts dish out to him is all that he deserves in this case. To maintain face the roosters will fine him a small amount which will be reimbursed to him in another way (a method all clubs use).

I'm loving these roosters fans defending this grubby ponce. 'He was only having a quiet beer with mates' 'he was only a little bit over the limit' 'he just had 1 schooner too many'.
Carney is a wanker. He might be a reasonable footballer who will serve your club well but he's a wanker. He was a wanker at Canberra, before he got to Canberra and now.
This is the first incident since he became 'reformed' that has gone public and been proven but there have been plenty of others that have been kept under wraps.
He's a reasonable footballer (not the next big thing) and good on the roosters fans for supporting his on field success but please don't try telling anyone that 'toddy' is a decent young bloke.

He was cut up that he was caught more like it. Or maybe he was cut up because he didn't have a mate to leave behind and take th wrap this time so he couldn't make a runner.

Unlucky? Unlucky is when you are innocently driving along the street and get smashed into by a drunk driver (ie, TODD CARNEY).

What do I want from him? How abut keeping out of the papers every 5 minutes telling us how he's reformed and that he won't make any more mistakes.

He's got a problem. poor baby. He's 26 years of age for God's sake. Time to man up little Toddy. Here's a tip for staying on track - get off the booze dickhead.

Thank f**k the grub's not at our club. the best thing our club did was to sack his sorry arse. We suffered for it in the short term but it was worth it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
CMUX, unlike Carney, Picker, Shillington and Thurling dont have a history as long as a tattood arm of drinking related problems, several of which involving drink driving, and also include assault, pissing on a bloke and doing the runner from the cops and leaving a mate with a broken leg in the passenger side to wear it...

your trying to isolate this incident as a one off by bringing shillington and co into it, but its not an isolated incident, its a pattern of behaviour, and one that has been at play since pretty day dot.

As for the low range comment. I couldnt give a rats arse what the cops say or how the PR team are spinning it. If i were pulled up with the equivalent over the limit BAC, id be blowing a 0.1 reading, which i believe would land me in the mid range drink driving charge... .05 over is not a low range, its low range if he was on a limit of .05, but he's not, he's on a limit of 0. And he's 0.052 over that limit

those rules are in place for a reason, people get killed on the roads every day by people like him.

You can call a bloke like shillington a f**king idiot (as i did) for drink driving, but if its a one off you can buy it when they call it an honest mistake that wont happen again, it doesnt exonerate them, nor condone it, they are still f**king dickheads who put innocent lives at risk, but mistakes do happen and punishment suits as long as you learn from them...
how many honest mistakes involving alcohol and driving has todd made? has todd learnt anything? and when does it stop becoming an honest mistake and when does it become a bloke who just has no regard for the law of peoples lives he's putting at risk?

for mine that line was crossed about the time he did burn outs coming out of a pub, where he lead the police on a high speed chase through suburban streets before getting out and running and leaving his mate with a broken leg to cop it sweet

The man is an absolute f**king dickhead and in hindsight he always has been, and probably always will be. Sometimes you can cut the bad part of the apple off, other times a bad apple is just a bad apple, where do you think todd falls?

Last edited:

no name

Coach
.Yes that makes him ignorant and stupid but it is 1 million times better than driving immediately after drinking i.e. home from the pub
CMUX, tell me how you can justify this, over the limit is over the limit, ignorance is not an excuse.

Someone who has a skinful the night before and gets up early and drives is just as stupid as soneone who has had one too many on the same night.

And the biggest issue here is that he should have ZERO alcohol in his system. The argument that he was only just over the real limit is a pathetic excuse.

Raider_69

Post Whore
its a good point though, i like goulburn but its not exactly double bay is it? Its a long cry from Vaucluse? Goulburn is a pretty bogan little country town, choc full of blue collar workers and heavy drinkers with a bit of boys will be boys mentality and still he's been booted from the town
how the f**k do you wind up being such a monumental f**k up, that the town of goulburn bans you from the town... remarkable piece of work

to_ddeath

Coach
Looks like Carnage has a new player manager perfectly suited to looking after his indiscretions... Ricky Nix, come on down........

T.

no name

Coach
lol that article is pathetic, I'd like him more if he said:
" I'm a pisshead! Kiss my arse you rotten motherf**kers! f**k Mobb Deep, f**k Biggie, f**k Bad Boy as a staff, record label, & as a motherf**king crew! "

Gotta love a bit of Pac, better hope Loudy doesn't see it though, he may question your sexuality.

^Everyone needs to love a bit of Pac, but anyway...Carney needs to be deregistered ASAP. He won't be though cos he's a Rooster. And lol @ the "i wanted to retire" crap. It's so obvious that's a pathetic plea for attention. And most suckers would feel sorry for the creep. Well I don't. He needs to be jailed.

RHCP

Bench
Canberra DUIders just keep breeding drink drivers. Serious culture problem out there.

typicalfan

Coach
Ignorance is a pretty pathetic excuse when it has happened a handful of times already.

No sympathy here, Todd dug his own hole through his alcoholism, no one forces the booze in his hand and he and the Roosters know all too well the potential for Todd Carney to go off the rails.

RWB

Bench
Canberra DUIders just keep breeding drink drivers. Serious culture problem out there.

It's becoming a bit of a worry, Justin Carney was pulled out of last nights game to get tested along with Graham for the tell tale signs. Hopefully all goes well in their rehabilitation and we can get to it early.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
It's becoming a bit of a worry, Justin Carney was pulled out of last nights game to get tested along with Graham for the tell tale signs. Hopefully all goes well in their rehabilitation and we can get to it early.

Under the circumstances, I'm surprised that you keep poaching so many players from down there.

But I guess that's just the way things are in the Bondi Transit Lounge.

Cheer up, maybe you'll get a team of your own one day!

RWB

Bench
Under the circumstances, I'm surprised that you keep poaching so many players from down there.

But I guess that's just the way things are in the Bondi Transit Lounge.

Cheer up, maybe you'll get a team of your own one day!

It is a little disappointing that we keep getting these drunks, maybe Uncle Nick will just have to invest some money into some educational systems down there ;-)