What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney caught Drink Driving!!

Flapper

First Grade
Charlie Rothfield said:
A JUDGE WARNED HIM LAST TIME HE COULD GO TO JAIL. HE IGNORED THAT WARNING. IF HE WAS A NORMAL MAN IN STREET AND NOT A FOOTY STAR, HE’S BE FACING A STINT BEHUIND BARS. WAKE UP TO YOUIRSELF PAL.

:lol::lol:

The low merkin's cracked it not even a dozen comments in. No wonder he writes with Rebecca Wilson, two gutter dwelling cretins who turn into John McEnroe when anyone dares question their absolutely correct opinion.

Danish

Referee
How does a bloke who cannot construct a sentence become an editor at a major newspaper?

LESStar58

Referee
All I haver to say is FOR FECK'S SAKE!

He's gone to so much trouble to get himself back up to the standards of being the great footballer we know he is an then he pisses it all away. Even after all that stuff about going to AA meetings with Nate Myles and starting going to church etc.

When is he gonna learn? It saddens me to say it but I hope the Roostersrip up his contract. You'd think he'd learnt that lesson at the Raiders but it looks like he'll cop it again.

Damn shame.

Geohood

Bench
All I haver to say is FOR FECK'S SAKE!

He's gone to so much trouble to get himself back up to the standards of being the great footballer we know he is an then he pisses it all away. Even after all that stuff about going to AA meetings with Nate Myles and starting going to church etc.

When is he gonna learn? It saddens me to say it but I hope the Roostersrip up his contract. You'd think he'd learnt that lesson at the Raiders but it looks like he'll cop it again.

Damn shame.

Dead set it's opinions like yours that blow up situations like these. Ok he drank the night before, but he caught a taxi home. He just wasn't smart enough to know it could still be in his system in the morning. That's all there is to it. We're all acting like he has commited a horrible crime when in reality it was more of a stupid mistake that was most probably harmless at worst.

Geohood

Bench
It's true about Canberra fans... you can just tell you've all been waiting to blow up about anything regarding Carney, especially since this was very minor and on a very low scale as a 'crime'.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It's true about Canberra fans... you can just tell you've all been waiting to blow up about anything regarding Carney, especially since this was very minor and on a very low scale as a 'crime'.

To the contrary........I and many other Raiders fans are happy that he is your problem now.

It's your club that look sh*te out of this. Not ours.

Enjoy the headlines.

Raider Azz

Bench
Im a Roosters fan and dont condone what Carney has done, but Rothdick is a fuggin idiot.
He is comparing a DUI with an alledged Sexual Assault(although it was dimissed).
What a load of $hit!
He has always had an agenda on Rugby League.

"Unfortunately, these great ambassadors of the game don't make the front page or lead items on the news bulletins - or turn mums and dads away from the game"

Does he not decide what is written and where it goes in the paper as the sports editor. So in fact he is admitting to giving every minor incident (not saying this Carney incident is minor) ridiculous air time to try and denigrate the game at every turn and not putting the Hindmarshes etc on the front page for going to kids hospitals...you are a hypocrite Rothdick!
Dont even get me started on that stupid mole Wilson.
Technically he decides what makes the front page yes, but he is only catering to the audience. Stories like the Todd Carney saga sell papers, and in the end they are out to sell papers. So you can't fault them for writing the articles people want to read.

Ram Man

Juniors
Technically he decides what makes the front page yes, but he is only catering to the audience. Stories like the Todd Carney saga sell papers, and in the end they are out to sell papers. So you can't fault them for writing the articles people want to read.

I understand that but he can stand there and piss and moan about it.

He is basically biting the hand that is feeding him because he wants to show that he is morally in the right...thus being an absolute dick

Danish

Referee

Actually you can.

Journalists are supposed to report on news based on its importance, not based on what will move product. When a newspaper does that they stop being a news source and turn into a tabloid.

Its Woman's Day level of journalistic integrity.

Raider Azz

Bench
Actually you can.

Journalists are supposed to report on news based on its importance, not based on what will move product. When a newspaper does that they stop being a news source and turn into a tabloid.

Its Woman's Day level of journalistic integrity.
And the Telegraph is a tabloid. Like I said, they are catering to their market. They are a business, their job is to sell papers by reporting the most interesting news to their readers. They do that by publishing the stories their target demographic most want to read about.

If you don't like it, stop reading their paper and more importantly, stop fueling Rothfield by clicking on his blog. There are plenty of other respected publications out there you could read. The fact we are arguing about it right now justifies their reasoning for publishing stories like this even more.

Last edited:

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Or complain. That's what places like Media Watch, ACMA and the Australian Press Council are for. You want a better standard of journalism then take actions that will make that happen.

adamkungl

Immortal
:lol: Rothfield, what a wanker.

Jail for .052, give yourself an uppercut.
He was caught driving with the equivalent of 1 beer in his system. He will get what he deserves, a likely lengthy driving suspension because he has priors. To suggest he's somehow getting off lightly because he's a footballer is even wider from the mark than Rothfield's usual dribble. He's a petty, bitter, talentless, gutter gossip writer with an axe to grind against the Roosters, and always has been.

At worst, this 'incident' is a lapse in judgement which I'm willing to bet most drivers on here have made countless times before. How many of you think you'll be sweet after a few hours sleep?

Did he technically drink drive? Yes. But the only reason this is an issue is because he's a P-plater. 0.052 is hardly an unsafe amount, he was a fraction of a percentage over the designated SAFE limit. Being a P plater doesn't make him any more susceptible to the effects of alcohol.

As for his drinking, I like most people assume his "I'm off the booze" claim is pure spin. I don't particularly care, as long as he doesn't do anything shameful. And as far as I'm concerned, this is pretty much a non-issue. It's not a 3am drive home full of piss, he's not in a car chase or pissing on anyone.

He'll get a slap on the wrist from the Roosters and a suspended licence from the courts and that should be the end of it.

giggity giggity

Juniors
havin a laugh at you gooster fans trying to change the topic by ripping into
that poser p.rothfeild for (shock horror)writing a peice about your golden boy

toady is a repeat offender and this critisim of him is warranted and justified
as his form suggest.

i put to geohood , adamkungl , danish and the rest of the goosters posters on
here that if toady had injured or even worse killed mabey your mum,nan,sister
daughter,son in a car accident while having a "low-range" reading,would you all hold the same view????????????? (this senario i do not wish on any of you ) .i think not ]

as a raiders fan ,i too made excuses for his 31+ indescretions and looking back alot
of my arguments and excuses were ridiculous and weak,his home town rampage was
the last staw for me(he made me look stupid for constantly standing up for him).then
my club sacked him.iam not suggesting your club sack him (his next offence for sure)but the N.R.L. should suspend him for a few weeks until his court case at least ,
then i feel the judge may have a harsher penalty for him(taking into consideration his past driving and alcohol offences)

to all you gooster fans rippin into us raiders fans is laughable ,your arguments and excuses are weak (along with the total lack of consideration/respect for D.U.I. victims/families).your club has made it's bed now sleep in it,dont forget us
raiders fans had him on a pedastool and made weak ass excuses as well ,only for him to turn around and piss in our faces(heads-up has been issued)

The Business

Juniors
The bloke is an irresponsible dropkick. He should lose his license for 5 years.

However, to say he should go to prison for this is a little extreme.

We need to remember that these guys are footballers, not Oxford Scholars. They are always going to do stupid things.

The bloke needs help. Suspending him for 4 games, sacking him, or putting him in prison for a week etc is not the answer.

Surely all of the bad press he is receiving will be sufficient punishment.

Latest posts