What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney caught Drink Driving!!

Lambretta

First Grade
when in doubt, next day or otherwise, catch a taxi, especially on your P's

Pretty much the lesson that needs to come out of all this for anyone

I get the feeling that Todd will be catching taxi's regardless for the rest of this decade

cleary89

Coach
I think the lesson is if you are a professional sportsman, don't do anything that could possibly be a f**k up.

skeepe

Immortal
I bet the Roosters are happy their star player is having a skinful while in injury rehabilitation mode.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
So some Roosters guy was just on TV saying that Carney has made a lot of steps forward but this is just one step back so we'll stand behind him.......

:clap:

Do any Raiders fans remember exactly how many times we used that excuse?

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I'm a bit more reasonable now. As far as I'm concerned punish him, give him a chance to make it right again, let him get square with the house and then move on. In the meantime I hope he picks up some judgement skills and gets some help.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Hopefully for the Roosters sake he stays out of trouble, because based on tonights showing they've got nothing without him.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
LOL Do you say the same about GI for bashing his GF, mate they are footballers not meant to be pillars of society.

I am not arguing the pillars of society line.

This is a thread about Carney, there are 25 other threads about Inglis, go and post there if you want to talk about him.

What part of doing the same thing again and again don't you understand?

Lows of a short career

December, 2006: Charged with mid-range drink driving and reckless driving after an incident in Goulburn.
February, 2007: Licence suspended for five years.
May, 2007: Carney and fellow Raiders player Steve Irwin lead police on a car chase through Canberra's streets. Carney placed on a good-behaviour bond, banned from driving and sentenced to 200 hours of community service.
July, 2008: Alleged to have urinated on a man at a Canberra nightclub.
2009: Damaged property and jumped on a car bonnet in another alcohol-fuelled incident. Received a 12-month suspended jail sentence and banned from his home town of Goulburn. Spends the year in far north Queensland with Atherton before signing with the Sydney Roosters.
January, 2010: Burned a man by setting fire to his pants as a prank.
February 26, 2011: Charged with low-range drink driving.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-booze-says-shaken-carney-20110226-1b95t.html

This doesn't even include other events such as getting pulled up with his grub mate Friend with a bag of goodies down at Coogee. I am sure the Raider fans would know of a few others too.

Also, how come no one from the Roosters has come out to state clearly that this has been his only slip up since he joined the club? Wouldn't that be what you would say? You work it out, because that will get you to the truth of what has been going on.

This is possibly the easiest way to actually, actually reach Todd Carney...
- Son...you get booted out of your own town because your such an arse
- You also gave my good mate a REAL f**king hiding because he was the skinny guy with glasses at the pub.
- People wernt happy so you hide behind the Stockmen forwards.
- YOU think you can beat the media because they're on your side.

- BUT...Todd...mate...theres plenty of people who recognise a bad Sleve when they see one...I'd Stick to the Eastern Suburbs where its safe

Todd Carney's NRL promo clip scrapped

James Phelps From: The Sunday Telegraph February 27,
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...mo-clip-scrapped/story-e6frexnr-1226012508014

THE NRL yesterday reacted swiftly to Todd Carney's fall from grace, cutting a clip featuring the 2010 Dally M Medal winner from a promotional video to be shown at the season launch this week.

Just two years after sacking Brett Stewart as the face of the game, the NRL scrapped a 20-second video of Todd Carney just hours after the star playmaker was charged with low-range drink driving.

"We're not talking about a major plank in the season's promotion or even the day," NRL chief executive David Gallop said. "But it wouldn't be in anyone's interest to have Todd as one of the players introducing the season review video, nor do we think it would be the appropriate message to send."

The NRL, monitoring how Carney's club, the Sydney Roosters, was reacting to his latest indiscretion, issued a statement last night claiming the player's drink driving charge "warrants close review by all parties." The game's governing body is deeply disappointed by the actions of Carney following a breakthrough year both on and of the field.

"Todd has been a real example of what people can achieve in turning their life around and there needs to be a sense of perspective about what has happened and what the next steps should be," Gallop said. "I'm aware that no one is more disappointed than Todd."

His licence or P's are not the problem, it seems he's back on the grog....unless he gets back on the wagon we'll see more stories like this.

He was having a few quiet drinks in a restaurant the night before and he actually got a cab home. We were at the next table to him and his group. Obviously assumed early next morning it be out his system and it wasn't. He was not smashed or being an idiot at the restaurant either. Was like any other young bloke with friends having dinner. He made the right choice to cab it home but the wrong one to drive the next morning. I was surprised to see him having a drink however. Had he not been on P's he would not have been charged. Over by that amount would have meant byu the time it came for the blood sample he'd be under.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm loving these roosters fans defending this grubby ponce. 'He was only having a quiet beer with mates' 'he was only a little bit over the limit' 'he just had 1 schooner too many'.
Carney is a wanker. He might be a reasonable footballer who will serve your club well but he's a wanker. He was a wanker at Canberra, before he got to Canberra and now.
This is the first incident since he became 'reformed' that has gone public and been proven but there have been plenty of others that have been kept under wraps.
He's a reasonable footballer (not the next big thing) and good on the roosters fans for supporting his on field success but please don't try telling anyone that 'toddy' is a decent young bloke.

Garts

Bench
I didn't realize he was one of the faces of the game in this years promo. Does this mean he will get suspended by the NRL?

I didn't realize he was one of the faces of the game in this years promo. Does this mean he will get suspended by the NRL?

images

Walt Flanigan

Referee
He was having a few quiet drinks in a restaurant the night before and he actually got a cab home. We were at the next table to him and his group. Obviously assumed early next morning it be out his system and it wasn't. He was not smashed or being an idiot at the restaurant either. Was like any other young bloke with friends having dinner. He made the right choice to cab it home but the wrong one to drive the next morning. I was surprised to see him having a drink however. Had he not been on P's he would not have been charged. Over by that amount would have meant byu the time it came for the blood sample he'd be under.

So after "a few quiet drinks" and a nights sleep he still woke up with a blood alcohol level of 0.52?

..........turn it up.