What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney in trouble yet again?

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
Now do you all believe me?
I mention Carney's issues at the start of the 2011 but a few of you coudn't get your head around it!!!!
a little hint........there is more to come.
What I was told at the end of last year is almost all out in the media.

Boyd was taking him out every night during the tri-nations

What 3 incidents in 5 yrs, last one since 09?

Where carney is upto his third just this yr!

BTW I think myles is the bigger dickhead in all of this atm.

Myles is a repeat offender and a so called senior member of the team.

Regardless of how many offences each has had, which have been worse etc... Myles being part of the senior group and still going out is slightly more disappointing than the other two.

adamkungl

Immortal
If that's the problem why is it that the main focus point is TC and not Nate Myles who IS part of the leadership group? Nobody is talking about him and he has his own alcohol related history at the club.

I guarantee that TC's legal team would be looking at Noyce and just shaking their head.

Also, broken record here but do people seriously think our leadership group is up to scratch?

I thought that was a players pact?

This is a good point. Firstly it's worth noting that Myles' record at the Roosters is a fair bit worse than Carney's. Secondly, when your leadership group is breaking their own pact...bigger issues in the team than whether Carney should be sacked for having a quiet drink

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
Myles is a repeat offender and a so called senior member of the team.

Regardless of how many offences each has had, which have been worse etc... Myles being part of the senior group and still going out is slightly more disappointing than the other two.

I agree on Myles, as fan of his and one that was disappointed in the club letting him go, I can now see why the decision was made.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a good point. Firstly it's worth noting that Myles' record at the Roosters is a fair bit worse than Carney's. Secondly, when your leadership group is breaking their own pact...bigger issues in the team than whether Carney should be sacked for having a quiet drink

Quality not quantity haha.

The real issue Roosters fans should be upset with is that a senior member blatantly disregarded their own pact. What hope does the club have if the leaders don't care? What message does that send to TC, FPN et al? "If they don't care why should I?"

I agree on Myles, as fan of his and one that was disappointed in the club letting him go, I can now see why the decision was made.

News is FPN was in a physical altercation with a women. Things keep getting worse.

Unfortunately Moo Moo was on the ball here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have no time for Carney or his goons as i have seen them in public and let me tell you he is at least a bit descent compared to your wanker of a halfback who if not for Anasta (who was a gentlemen) a friend of mine was going to kick thru the glass doors at the sheaf. Any supporter of other teams (me being a saints fan) included who comes on and bags carney and wants carney kicked out are wasting there time because I can assure you 15 clubs would be banging on his door and all you imbeciles who want to boot him will then turn and glorify the bloke as a champion and being misunderstood. The bloke has issues and may be he does need help but kicking him out aint gonna help him. And if you read this Pearce you wanker I would dearly of wished that Anasta did not turn up when he did and may be you should walk around with Kevin Costner cause you gonna need him you FWIT

adamkungl

Immortal
http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/roosters-wont-be-blamed-133339

Roosters won't be blamed

10/8/2011 3:53 PM
Steve Orme

Sportal

Related Links

Todd Carney's manager David Riolo concedes he can do no more for his troubled client and won't hold the Roosters to blame if they choose to sack the Dally M medallist following his latest off-field incident.
Riolo admits the Roosters have been more than fair with Carney, standing by the gifted five-eighth during his roller coaster two-year stint at the club.
Carney was issued a breach notice on Wednesday morning after violating a booze ban on a night out with Nate Myles and Frank Paul Nuuausala, with Roosters CEO Steve Noyce refusing to rule out sacking the 25-year-old.

The player manager is adamant he's done everything in his power to keep Carney on the straight and narrow but says it is ultimately up to him to make better choices.
"He doesn't obviously listen to everything people have told him, Todd's been given a lot of advice and he's got to choose how to react," Riolo told Triple M's The Grill Team.
"I spoke to Todd at 4pm Monday afternoon and he was sober, he was fine, we arranged to have lunch this Wednesday."
"Then that he's gone out on the Monday night, I don't know how I can personally control that to be honest."
"I run a business, I look after players the best I can and Todd probably gets more attention than 80 percent of my players."
"I don't take responsibility for individuals' actions in any way shape or form."
"He's easily led, he's a decent kid but he's in his mid twenties now, and even if you're easily led, you have to take responsibility for your own actions."
Carney has a long history of alcohol-related discretions and was sacked by former club Canberra in 2008.
After a year in rugby league purgatory the talented playmaker made a fairytale comeback with the Roosters in 2010, only to slip back into old habits this season.
A drink-driving charge and a drunken night out with team-mate Anthony Watts, who has since been sacked, preceded his latest slip up on Monday night.
"In my personal opinion I don't think he is an alcoholic," Riolo said.
"I think he has some issues with alcohol which is endemic in society, and his seem to be very well documented."
"Whether he's an alcoholic, I wouldn't put that label on it, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that whenever Todd Carney has had an issue alcohol has been involved."
"It's definitely a prevalent factor that's causing issues in his life."
Asked if he expects the Roosters to rip up Carney's contract when he fronts the Roosters board in the coming days, Riolo replied: "I don't know, the Roosters as a club have been very patient and helpful to Todd, he repayed them last year but the season this year has gone from good to worse."
Carney was forced to apologise to his team-mates on Wednesday morning but was shielded from the large media pack by the club.
While Myles was forced to run the gauntlet after being sent home by management, Carney conveniently snuck out the back door.