What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sacked

Dazzat

First Grade
10477919_788661944490829_882664136387697790_n.jpg

Todd's bringing out the companion book - Cocktails with Toddy.

Apey

Staff member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...972727012?nk=8232d452fcb7a4fad7c6cad5fcce2818

“It’s hard to say if it’s personal or not (between him and Noyce) but he was the CEO at my previous club the Roosters that terminated my contract there, and if there was someone else in control at the club this time I don’t think I would be sacked.”

“I’ve been through this situation before but this is probably the toughest. It’s just disappointing, for something that I didn’t know was out there, didn’t know that it would ever surface like this. To receive the message on Saturday night was just, just gut wrenching.

“It was just a prank, it was just the boys had seen me mucking around doing it before. I didn’t think there was a photo going to be taken,” Carney said.
“Definitely didn’t think there’d be a photo in the public (domain). As much as it’s hurt Cronulla as a club and my career, it’s hurt my pride and dignity as a person. It’s hurt my mum and sisters.”
Nick Robinson, who took the photo, also appeared on Nine News.
“I went into the toilet, found Todd there, he asked me whether I had heard of the ‘fountain’,” he said.
Robinson also said “the urine never went into his mouth”.
Robinson reportedly forwarded the photo to his brother who lost his phone at the races and that is how the photo surfaced.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...ease-of-career-ending-photo-was-gut-wrenching

Apey

Staff member
Watching the interview, I'm still convinced Weidler is the bigger f**kwit. "You've let her down haven't you". No shit sherlock.

How hard is it for carney to just stfu?
He's making it worse for himself with all these excuses and finger pointing. When is he going to grow up...

What club is gonna want a 28 year old mouth pisser who can't take responsibility.

--Storm--

Juniors
Good Luck trying to win a comp with Jeff Robson as your cheif playmaker Cronulla you bunch of cockheads; The whole playing group should go on strike, absolute idiotic reason to sack someone.

gUt

Coach
Well Carney would probably want to punch him but that would just land the dumb merkin in more trouble. Maybe the NRL or the Sharks could sue but I don't really see how or what for. Maybe there are charges avilable under cyber-bullying or invasion of privacy laws?

some11

Referee
Asked where the image originally came from, @MarkRaider1 first asked Fairfax how much we could pay him for the information. After telling him we don’t pay, he said he saw a retweet about Carney from someone but couldn’t remember who it was from.

Typical.

Looks like a f**king douchebag too.

Jaegerex

Juniors
Well Carney would probably want to punch him but that would just land the dumb merkin in more trouble. Maybe the NRL or the Sharks could sue but I don't really see how or what for. Maybe there are charges avilable under cyber-bullying or invasion of privacy laws?

Unless he was the one that took the photo without consent there isn't much room for legal recourse I would imagine.
Funny he is asking for money now, had he held off on the photo the tele probably would of payed through the nose for it.