What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sets Mans Pants on Fire

Loudstrat

Coach
I am sure all the people condemning Carney on this has never taken part in any sort of prank or any form of stupid horseplay in their life. It's funny how most people in this thread are frothing at the mouth over this so called bad behaviour. If he went up to someone on the street and set their pants on fire then yeh that's a problem but by the looks of it he is at a private residence and they were just mucking around. No problem. If charred balls was stupid enough to let Carney or anyone light his farts then thats his problem. This is just young men mucking around on NYE. I'm sure a fair few 20 somethings did far worse that night.
LOL at the bloke saying footy players are role models. f**k off they are. For the most part they are all just stupid young blokes with lots of money and alot of time to kill. I hate when people expect that sports people have to be role models all of a sudden.

What can be worse than burning a mans testicles FFS?????

Evenflow

Bench
This should, if hopeful, give him a major wake-up call that even this would see him portrayed as a villain.

Yep, like his other 10 indescretions gave him a major wake up call as well :sarcasm:

You'd think sitting out 12 months not knowing if you'd ever play football again at the highest level and lose millions of dollars in the process would be enough of a wake up call for the halfwit. Apparrently not........

Bulldog Force

Referee
If true he passes Nate Myles and Julian O'Neill as the most random off field f*ck-up. 4 days into the new year, and he's probably going to be sacked. Anyone got a link to it yet?
Actually this is Sunday's paper, meaning it was an incident on Saturday - 2 days into the new year.

June 23rd their second bye and Todd will have probably behaved until then and wont be able to help himself.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs
Yeah Bronc,

Next thing he'll be having group sex in a nightclub toilet, or illegally taking piss from a licenced premises.

Or maybe he might tackle a night manager whilst being intoxicated. Oh hang on that didn't happen, well it didn't until the video was released, then it was a big joke.

A big joke like lighting a fart.

Sheeeze you donkeys are a mob of sanctimonious saints.

Cheers
Quigs
/Quote

What in the f### do the Broncos have anything to do with this? I never defended a Brisbane player for any of the alleged BS above. FFS, I wasn't even posting on this forum at that stage. As per the normal NRL standard, I am sure those involved got a slap on the wrist and were told they had only 3 more chances left, 4 more if they played rep footy.

Todd Carney is a serial offender, one who continually brings the game in to disrepute. Get back on ya bike old boy. You, like you KB swilling friends, are out of touch with the modern game STILL in 2010. We should just dismiss this as "boys will be boys" right?

Rid the game of this ass clown Todd Carney for good. He is a blight on the game albeit a talented player who could've been anything.

Go back under the rock from which you came.

Been reading to many Courier Mails there young Bronc.

The offences I mentioned were committed, they were not alleged. The incidents involved several Donkey players, also Internationals and the Countrys record breaking Captain.

Denied to the hilt at first, CCTV produced, then proven, story changed.

Bit more serious than lighting an Airlee Beach fart on New Years Eve. Lets rid the game of all these offenders. Lets rid the grounds of every spectator that has committed a serious offence like urinating in public.

Fair dinkum blokes, I assume you are male, blokes like you that stand inside their glass houses and throw rocks at any sports person that has done a minor indiscretion and wants them barred.

Lets clean up the game once and for all, no ifs, not buts, one in all in.

Okay lets bar them all, starting alphabetically with the clubs -

Club beginning with B, hmmmmmmmmmm

Lets begin

Lockyer
Hodges
Thaiday
cutie
Clinton

gee I know there is a few more maybe you can help me out with the B's

Cheers
Quigs

Last edited:

Hanscholo

Bench
I am sure all the people condemning Carney on this has never taken part in any sort of prank or any form of stupid horseplay in their life. It's funny how most people in this thread are frothing at the mouth over this so called bad behaviour. If he went up to someone on the street and set their pants on fire then yeh that's a problem but by the looks of it he is at a private residence and they were just mucking around. No problem. If charred balls was stupid enough to let Carney or anyone light his farts then thats his problem. This is just young men mucking around on NYE. I'm sure a fair few 20 somethings did far worse that night.
LOL at the bloke saying footy players are role models. f**k off they are. For the most part they are all just stupid young blokes with lots of money and alot of time to kill. I hate when people expect that sports people have to be role models all of a sudden.

I've never hospitalised somenone by setting them on fire, no...Carney isnt a role model, he is a dick head, he lives up to our casting of him in society quite well.

aussies1st

Staff member
TC Stupidty Pool:

January 15th - Liam
January 26th - BrisVegas
January 28th - Sir Biffo
February 8th - Marshall_Magic
February 22nd - Mickyd39
February 28th - LeagueNut
March 12th - Raider_69
April 1st - Bluesbreaker
April 2nd - Fein
April 11th - Chook Norris
May 25th - Raidersareawesome
August 4th - Johns Magic

I'll take March 7

Raider_69

Post Whore
TC Stupidty Pool:

January 15th - Liam
January 26th - BrisVegas
January 28th - Sir Biffo
February 14th - bartman
February 22nd - Mickyd39
March 1st - God-King-Dean
March 12th - Raider_69
March 14th - Babyface O'Reilly
March 6th - m0nty
March 7th - Aussie 1st
March 20th - Dogz08
March 21st - KeepingTheFaith
April 1st - Bluesbreaker
April 2nd - Fein
April 22nd - Nth Qld Raider
May 3rd - Echo-The-Tiger
June 16th - Dutchy
June 23rd - Baron Vo Mandor
July 31st - Non Terminator
August 4th - Johns Magic

For the record, i dont think ordinarily this is a big issue at all, and its still not even given the circumstances. But the bloke needs to get it through his thick f**king head, that because of his past, and his new club's past, he needs to be squeeky f**king clean if he's any hope of making a go in his career. If this mate had of cracked it and gone to the cops, he might have just ended his career on a stupid prank. He's one charge away from jail and never playing on an NRL field again.

The bloke has a serious issue with alcohol, he needs help, and burying one's head in the sand, saying this is a nothing issue doesnt help. This way be a nothing issue, but we've already seen in the Tele reporting of the bloke seen getting absolutely blind every chance he gets, having to leave establishements because of people baiting him and now harmless prank that COULD have destroyed his life.

He's an NRL footballer, he's paid damn good money, and he's got a long illustrious history of off field antics. The kid needs to lay low, not be involved in issues like this that the media and general public can stack against him. Because sooner or later the bloke WILL do something that lands him in big striffe, and the more minor things like this on his record, the better his chances of pissing his career away for good.

Last edited:
The journos are probably looking at this 10 page thread and thinking how well they have done their job. To which I have just contributed of course.
March 14. Headline: 'Carney help himself!'

Last edited:
TC Stupidty Pool:

January 15th - Liam
January 26th - BrisVegas
January 28th - Sir Biffo
February 14th - bartman
February 22nd - Mickyd39
March 1st - God-King-Dean
March 12th - Raider_69
March 6th - m0nty
March 7th - Aussie 1st
March 20th - Dogz08
March 21st - KeepingTheFaith
April 1st - Bluesbreaker
April 2nd - Fein
April 22nd - Nth Qld Raider
May 3rd - Echo-The-Tiger
June 16th - Dutchy
July 31st - Non Terminator
August 4th - Johns Magic

For the record, i dont think ordinarily this is a big issue at all, and its still not even given the circumstances. But the bloke needs to get it through his thick f**king head, that because of his past, and his new club's past, he needs to be squeeky f**king clean if he's any hope of making a go in his career. If this mate had of cracked it and gone to the cops, he might have just ended his career on a stupid prank. He's one charge away from jail and never playing on an NRL field again.

The bloke has a serious issue with alcohol, he needs help, and burying one's head in the sand, saying this is a nothing issue doesnt help. This way be a nothing issue, but we've already seen in the Tele reporting of the bloke seen getting absolutely blind every chance he gets, having to leave establishements because of people baiting him and now harmless prank that COULD have destroyed his life.

He's an NRL footballer, he's paid damn good money, and he's got a long illustrious history of off field antics. The kid needs to lay low, not be involved in issues like this that the media and general public can stack against him. Because sooner or later the bloke WILL do something that lands him in big striffe, and the more minor things like this on his record, the better his chances of pissing his career away for good.

Mate u forgot me June 23rd.

Chook Herron

Juniors
Perhaps his mate lied to Carney about something and as a result his pants were lit on fire or so the "liar liar pants on fire" expression would lead us to believe

Yep, like his other 10 indescretions gave him a major wake up call as well :sarcasm:

You'd think sitting out 12 months not knowing if you'd ever play football again at the highest level and lose millions of dollars in the process would be enough of a wake up call for the halfwit. Apparrently not........

What I meant was, this time the only difference is that this is not a major offence (like the previous drunken incidents in the past). If he has truly learned anything, it's that even this will land you on the back page.

What I meant was, this time the only difference is that this is not a major offence (like the previous drunken incidents in the past). If he has truly learned anything, it's that even this will land you on the back page.

IMO, anything less than a criminal offence isnt a serious issue or worthy of consideration of bringing the game into disrepute, or worthy of the media attention.

Its nothing more than being human.

Thanks R69. I'll be honest I've hated the Roosters for years, Brian Smith just threw wood on the fire.......

Anything that f**ks them is only good for the game IMO.

Go Toddy go!

Hope he gets 20,000 chances like at the Raiders.

Bigfella

Coach
The Roosters Board are the only people who should ever go on holiday with little Todd Carney.

They are suitably expert at covering their arses ...

Damn bloody straight. Most sensible thing I've read in this thread.

BTW, I'll have August 24th. I've got a bit of faith left in him, plus it's my birthday... got a good feeling about it!