What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sets Mans Pants on Fire

matt

Juniors
Speaking of pictures on the wall i had bloody Boy george FFS,Does that mean he was my Role Model.

Stagger eel

Staff member
And anyone who cares what players do with their personal lives is a loser.

say that to all the sponsors who pour millions of dollers of their money into the game every year so that people like you can can wave their little red and white flag all over the country...

Chachi

Bench
Exactly. Call them role models or whatever the hell you want. The fact is they only exist because people pay to see them play a game and advertisers pay big bucks to associate their brand with them.

It's like teenagers denying the existance of "peer group pressure" because it makes them sound weak.

The fact is football players are looked up to by people of all ages and marketers know this so they can sell crap to nuffies who watch the games. I've got to laugh at people who say they don't care what players do in their private time while trawling a footy forum during Summer.

Last edited:

matt

Juniors
I have to say i am enthralled at the calibre of new breed of supporter coming through the ranks,I am intrigued in this and this only.

And no i am not fat or gay or bald,Capiche?

The fact is they only exist because people pay to see them play a game and advertisers pay big bucks to associate their brand with them.

The alternative to that is that people pay to see them play. Not follow their private lives. Advertisers contract big bucks with the club, and not with the image of a particular player off the football field.

I've got to laugh at people who say they don't care what players do in their private time while trawling a footy forum during Summer.

Your here arnt you ?

matt

Juniors
How was i to know he neglected to drink from the furry cup,I did not pry into his private life.

Chachi

Bench
lol, for the obvious reason. To read about the game.
"The game" eh? Hmmm. Haven't seen a game thread for a while...unless you're talking about topics like off-field incidents, threads about favourite/best players, stories about the media or sponsors, threads on club memberships etc...

See where I'm going here? (probably not)

innsaneink

Referee
I'd hazard a guess it being ''the game'' as in rugby league ''the greatest game'', not a game as in a match between two teams, see where I'm going?

matt

Juniors
On Darius. it ws a win for league, keep the farkers at arms length and then they want you even more,but they play on your terms,suppose it is a little hard when you have a media company eating your arse from the inside out.

Chachi

Bench
The alternative to that is that people pay to see them play. Not follow their private lives. Advertisers contract big bucks with the club, and not with the image of a particular player off the football field.
So you honestly think a team like the Broncos would still get the same level of sponsorship if all their players were crap and had no marketing appeal? Why the hell do you think sponsors plaster the faces of certain high profile players on their products and on TV? Explain pages like this then... http://www.prodirectrugby.com/staticfeature.asp?ART=6359&KEYSEARCH=League Open up any league mag and tell me advertisers don't use the image of certain players in their ads.

Your here arnt you ?
I'm not the one denying the fact I'm interested in what happens with players off the field.

Last edited:
So you honestly think a team like the Broncos would still get the same level of sponsorship if all their players were crap and had no marketing appeal? Why the hell do you think sponsors plaster the faces of certain high profile players on their products and on TV?

Marketers will also realise that its a team sport and no single players private life will enhance or destruct their investment.

I'm not the one denying the fact I'm interested in what happens with players off the field.

Interest in what happens in & around League is high. Doesnt mean a players private life is owned by anyone other than them.

Latest posts