What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney & Steve Irwin under investigation?

legend

Coach
If that's the case I'd suspend him until his contract expires at the end of 2008, so no one gets the benefits of his services.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Then he's still under your salary cap. Who are you going to lose so that you can keep a suspended player on your books?

What a genuinely sh*tty decision for the club to have to make.

Moffo

Referee
ah they did a stupid thing, same as 99% of NRL players. Suspend em for 2 weeks and let em back. From a Canberra perspective I'd hate you guys to lose someone that will end up playing for Australia one day

nqboy

First Grade
Winston Smith said:
No doubt on legal advice and club spin doctor advice ... goes down better than having the cops turn up at home, or training to arrest you. Although, it would be rather funny if the police waited till next game day to move on him and arrested him as he ran out on the field.
:D:lol:
That happened at Yarrabah last year. Their star half was playing under an assumed name so the coppers couldn't find him. The Seahawks were playing away in Tully and a copper who reffed the game went into the sheds under the guise of getting his name for the 3-2-1. The ref had several copper mates outside and the bloke didn't make the bus home to Yarrabah :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whilst the Raiders will be losing a strong player they need to take a moral stance on his actions...Carney needs to realise that he is not above the law and the Raiders do not want to be connected with a player that clearly does not understand the obligation he has to keeping his nose clean as a Raiders player.

Question: How did he lose traction ???....was he flooring it at the time ??.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
kia ora storm said:
Question: How did he lose traction ???....was he flooring it at the time ??.

I live about 100m from the street where is happened (Thynne St) and it's a long curved road that wraps itself around a hill. Would be easy to lose it if the reported speeds (120kmph) are accurate.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
If I were silly enough to drive after being disqualified for five years, I'd try and lose the cops too.

IMO he is the best stand-off in NSW, he was going to be some sort of player. He may still be but it won't be with an NRL club.

S.S.T.I.D said:
If I were silly enough to drive after being disqualified for five years, I'd try and lose the cops too.

IMO he is the best stand-off in NSW, he was going to be some sort of player. He may still be but it won't be with an NRL club.

Looks like he will thrown in the "what could have been" basket...silly boy.:cool:

t-ba

Post Whore
S.S.T.I.D said:

IF (Big if) he gets done for the first two charges, I think he might have trouble plying his trade in the Old Dart...Those things don't look good on a working Visa application...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
t-ba said:
IF (Big if) he gets done for the first two charges, I think he might have trouble plying his trade in the Old Dart...Those things don't look good on a working Visa application...

I was half way through a sentence saying that Hull's prayers had been answered and realised exactly that. So he'll be playing park footy by the looks of it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Stranger said:
Raiduh, You sound as though ur about to neck urself over this :lol:!

why wouldnt i? Ive travelled far and wide, spending countless dollars supporting this club and this kid, knowing that in time that would pay off with premiership success, Todd was/is going to be a big part of that, and he has put all that in massive jedordy. And whats worse, is the kid will probably be sacked, and then go on to sign a contract elsewhere and lead them to premierships that we should be enjoying

as syd said, this could potentially set this clubs success back 3-4 years, particually if Marc Herbert doesnt go as well as i think he will.

bluesbreaker

Bench
It's just a game Raider, calm down. Sure, it's disappointing, but, given his two priors, you must've had some notion that it would happen again in the not so distant future.

Dobson's better anyway.

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
It's just a game Raider, calm down. Sure, it's disappointing, but, given his two priors, you must've had some notion that it would happen again in the not so distant future.

Dobson's better anyway.

TBH based on my interactions with him and what was said in the paper earlier, i sincerely believed he had turned over a new leaf and he'd be ok... maybe it was just blind faith in the kid... im devestated, i was coasting through this season, with little care, as even in some of our poor showings, it was always in the back of my mind, that with Todd around we'd be premiers before too long... not any more

and no dobson is not better, Carney is the best young half in the game today.

badav

Bench
I feel bad for raiders fans. I would say that based on the facts presented so far, Todd Carneys sacking is imminent. Its only a matter of when it is announced. And he will not be de-registered. If Wes Naiquama is still playing then Carney will be too. I'd say that the worst is going to happen. He will be sacked and picked up by another club. But hey you win some, lose some. The raiders picked up Neville Costigan and Dane Tilse in the same circumstances.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
what a dickhead,he has such a bright future and now is going to stuff it up,the raiders get rid of him probably souths or tigers will pick him up

Latest posts