What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney & Steve Irwin under investigation?

Bench
I just hope there is more to this than what appears now,the kid is good enough for origin now let alone what he will be like in 2 or 3 years time.
I hope for Canberra and the game this is not as it seems.

griff

Bench
this happened in the ACT, so I doubt he is going to jail. Recently a disqualified driver in an unregistered uninsured vehicle ran a red light while on the run from police and killed someone while they were meant to be in court on another offence and only got 15 months periodic detention

I doubt he'll get jail time, but I just hope raider's management aren't stupid enough to let a player of his potential go, like I said elsewhere, it'd do the club more harm to sack him than it would to keep him

Raider_69

Post Whore
it wouldnt make much sense to sack him unless the NRL is deregistering him
because there is no doubts, he gets sacked and he'll easily pick up another club

but canberra did say he was on his last chance, the bloke is a future origin star, sacking hiim would only harm us further

legend

Coach
Suspend him without pay for the remainder of the season and force him to undetake community service.

Winston Smith

Juniors
t-ba said:
And like us, they have to some times pay the price.

I think Todd will, unfortunately for Rugby League, be paying that price.

The first two charges aren't just stupid, they are downright dangerous.

Yep! And, just guessing here, but wonder if it will come out they did a runner from an RBT to trigger the pursuit. I suspect that the odds of that being what happened are pretty good!

Winston Smith

Juniors
VictorTheViking said:
He actually handed himself into police.

No doubt on legal advice and club spin doctor advice ... goes down better than having the cops turn up at home, or training to arrest you. Although, it would be rather funny if the police waited till next game day to move on him and arrested him as he ran out on the field.
:D:lol:

macavity

Referee
sorry to hear, Raiders fans.

Carney, you are a knobjockey for dragging your name, your club's name, and your code's name, through the mud. may you be condemned to spend eternity in Canberra.

ozzie

Bench
If he gets the same judge his next lap will be around his home town - Goulburn - fresh meat for the inmates at the jail

Winston Smith

Juniors
ozzie said:
If he gets the same judge his next lap will be around his home town - Goulburn - fresh meat for the inmates at the jail

Probably not. This one's going to be in an ACT court, last time was in NSW. The courts here are as soft as anything. But if he does get unlucky and get jail time, he might even be one of the first inmates of the shiny new ACT jail thats being built.

Dutchy

Immortal
Hutty1986 said:
He'll be at the lighthouse yet again on Wednesday, drowning his sorrows no doubt ;-)

The lighthouse is a good little place.

Went to the AIS to stay a week earlier this year.

Tuesday night..2 for 1 for a full hour....took donw 14 schooners on that time

Good Times in Canberra.

Fast Cars (apprently) Fast women, Cheap BEER!!

Hutty1986

Immortal
scottyj said:
The lighthouse is a good little place.

Went to the AIS to stay a week earlier this year.

Tuesday night..2 for 1 for a full hour....took donw 14 schooners on that time

Good Times in Canberra.

Fast Cars (apprently) Fast women, Cheap BEER!!

Definitely mate, its a good place to hit the piss... though it does have the nickname of the Fighthouse at times

Next time you're down this way check out Mooseheads in Civic... $2 drinks on Thursday nights :D

Mal Meninga

Bench
I am just shaking my head in his moronic behavior. Clearly has unbelievable talent and the club was banking on his future. Terrible shame, his season at the very least is over...

Stranger

Coach
Don't sack him... shoot him. :p

Carney is a f**kwit of a person aye raiduh ;-)

Damn shame though, kids got talent.

RABK

Referee
Hutty1986 said:
Definitely mate, its a good place to hit the piss... though it does have the nickname of the Fighthouse at times

Next time you're down this way check out Mooseheads in Civic... $2 drinks on Thursday nights :D

You're a drunken idiot.

Latest posts