What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Lowrie

James_Hardie

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
So a side something like
6.Hill
7.Smith
8.Cayless (with some fitness back)
9.Riddell
10.MoiMoi
11.Hindmarsh
12.Myles
13.Robinson

14.Marsh
15.Minachello
16.Lowrie
17.Cordoba / Tsoulos

Doesn't fit the bill?

Not realy no.

Myles, whilst i now hope we get him is yet to be proven as a starter in my eyes, he plays off the bench for the Dogs.

And if our depth is so stretched that the best quality front rower we have coming off the bench is Josh Cordoba or JT and Minichello makes our top starting squad, then i think we are in trouble. No club would fear us.

The Colonel said:
Provided those signings, which appear less likely with every day, happen MITS I'd be more than happy. The signings still have to be made mate and we aren't the only ones looking to sign those blokes you have mentioned. Hypothetical scenarios are great but they arent going to win us anything.

I just want to know how they are less and less likely every day.

We are talking about Myles and Mini right.

So Myles agent and Myles himself have both said they are waiting to after the state of origin to talk . . . So how is that less likely?

No one is talking about Mini and Mini isn't talking either, sound like someone we know. But want again we are being Hypothetical.

James_Hardie said:
Not realy no.

Myles, whilst i now hope we get him is yet to be proven as a starter in my eyes, he plays off the bench for the Dogs.

And if our depth is so stretched that the best quality front rower we have coming off the bench is Josh Cordoba or JT and Minichello makes our top starting squad, then i think we are in trouble. No club would fear us.

Well Look I have put it out there, you tell me who you want right now from who is available, and allow me to run the red pen through your opinion.

The Colonel

Immortal
Minichiello has been linked with the Titans and that is more than likely where he will go. That has been mooted for at least 12 months.

How many clubs are we competing with MITS? We aren't the only ones looking and we aren't exactly a better option than somewhere like Brisbane, Melbourne or Nth Qld......

V1er

Juniors
From what i hear, not sure how true it is so i'll only say its a rumour at this stage, but mini has been offered 250k by souths. So unless we want to pay more than that, then he's no chance.

James_Hardie said:
Then who replaces
Hayne = Burt = Micalef
Williams = ????
Cordoba = ????
Widders = Mateo if he stayes
McKinnon = Reddy
And potentially
Delaney = INU = Tony Parmatangi
Reddy = KJ Mackenzie

etc..

???? = I don't know give me a list of ressie grade props that would be good back up.

slippery nipeel

Juniors
I have been an eels fan for 25years (only 31 now), but I can understand fans frustration and can probably sum it up in a few points:

1. Parra has not won a premiership for 20 years. Given the quality of players that have come and gone from the club this is a gross underachievement. The buck has to stop somewhere (i.e. Fitzy who is our CEO). In business if the CEO fails to deliver he is given the ar**!! Like it or not footy is now a business.
2. After last years painful exit and having a similar, strong squad this year we have been well off the mark!! If we had been competitive week in week out no probs - but we haven't produced the results!!
3. Despite various views on our recruitment/retention policy thus far. Losing some of the players we have lost (i.e Widders, Morris, Morrison) is palpable if we sign a few other proven performers and retaining and developing young talent like John Williams and Blake Green. This is what frustrates fans more than anything is too see young players come through the grades to be lost and developed into stars by other clubs, especially given the cash we have to keep them at our club this year.
4. Lyon debacle - this has angered a lot of fans. A talent on the field, but off it a lot to learn!! Did we throw our eggs into one basket (i.e. off loading Morrison, Morris and so on) with the expectation that he would come back.

forward pass

Coach
parra pete said:
What you need to do is sit down and work out how the Salary Cap works..
Then realise that when Schifocske went he was replaced by Hodgson..when Hodgson went..he was replaced by McKinnon...when McKinnon goes, he will be relaced by Hayne/Reddy

Agree PP - but the club let Clinton go so we could have Hodgson, only to let Hodgson go a few years later. Salary cap aside, our turnover rate is huge. You have to agree with that.

Lyon walked out..other wise Tonga would have been retained. Tonga got four times more than the contract he was on at the Eels.
PJ manager signed for him to go to the Warriors without giving the Eels last shot.

Lyon and PJ were both pretty keen to leave the joint....therein lies the problem doesn't it !
Dean Widders was offered super money by the Rabbits...more than he is worth in current form..

Agree.

Do you want Hindmarsh playing for pocket money and be under threat of leaving everytime his contract is up?

No. And this is part of the point of my post. Look after the players that are crucial to the club and they will stay. Why wouldn't you throw more money at Morrison to keep him. Surely the money saved on Deano could have have gone to Morro. He has been oustanding and likes the place so why not actually make an effort to keep him.

Mate..get a life. Learn how the system works..Don't stress about things you have no control over. Ob la di ob la dah.
One door shuts, another opens. Widders, Drew, Taylor, Dunley, Fui were considered joke signings when they came to the Club..It is a matter of spotting the talent that is out there and keeping everyone happy....

I have never thought any of our signings as jokes. Never. Not even Lowrie.

And I don't stress about Footy !!! I really don't. I get the sh*ts, but I never stress ! Its just a god damn game after all !!!;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
One thing I will never doubt MITS is your optimism.

It's a shame though that at the moment, you need a whole bundle of hypotheticals to keep it going.
I think that says as much as anything about the clubs current predicament.

Suity

The Colonel said:
Minichiello has been linked with the Titans and that is more than likely where he will go. That has been mooted for at least 12 months.

How many clubs are we competing with MITS? We aren't the only ones looking and we aren't exactly a better option than somewhere like Brisbane, Melbourne or Nth Qld......

Man if you keep that attitude up then it is no wonder that you are so down.

I thought we were supposed to be a Big Club that should act like it.

Suitman said:
One thing I will never doubt MITS is your optimism.

It's a shame though that at the moment, you need a whole bundle of hypotheticals to keep it going.
I think that says as much as anything about the clubs current predicament.

Suity

Even without them the competition is so tight and with the things we can have going for us this off season compared to last off season, we can do what a big club is supposed to do and that is make the 8. After that who knows.

James_Hardie

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
Well Look I have put it out there, you tell me who you want right now from who is available, and allow me to run the red pen through your opinion.

The people i wanted at the club are no longer available.

The Colonel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
Man if you keep that attitude up then it is no wonder that you are so down.

I thought we were supposed to be a Big Club that should act like it.

MITS, I mean this politely - get f**ked. :crazy: :p ;-) :lol: Hypotheticals can only get you so far. Reality has to hit some time.

We should be acting like a big Club. Doesn't necessarily mean we are or we will. Unless you know something that I don't.... ;-)

One final thing if I may.

You are all talking about how we should have kept morro.

1 He had a contract in his favour that to get out of all he needed to do was produce an ESL contract.
2 If we did through Money at him how much, is he worth more than Caylo, More than Hindy. When do we stop?

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
Even without them the competition is so tight and with the things we can have going for us this off season compared to last off season, we can do what a big club is supposed to do and that is make the 8. After that who knows.

As a reply to my post, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Can you think and type a bit slower please.

Suity

The Colonel said:
MITS, I mean this politely - get f**ked.
Hypotheticals can only get you so far. Reality has to hit some time.

We should be acting like a big Club. Doesn't necessarily mean we are or we will. Unless you know something that I don't.... ;-)

Thats fine mate

;-) ;-) ;-)

Hellsy

Immortal
Some of you guys make me sad........

Well done Todd on the signing, I hope Parra is everything you expect and more and look forward to watching you learn from people like Hindy

:clap: :clap:

Latest posts