What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Lowrie

James_Hardie

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
???? = I don't know give me a list of ressie grade props that would be good back up.
Hayne = Burt = Micalef
Williams = ????
Cordoba = ????
Widders = Mateo if he stayes
McKinnon = Reddy
And potentially
Delaney = INU = Tony Parmatangi
Reddy = KJ Mackenzie

Reddy: won't replace Mckinnon, his development has severly plateaued
Parmatangi & KJ: these guys aren't ready for first grade.

I can't find back ups for Cordoba or Williams, and thats my point, there isn't back up out there for them. I think Peek will end up staying, which is fine by me, but not by others.

We will probably have on paper a very capable first grade side, but we (unless we start signing like crazy) will lack depth. We will be relying too heavily on youngsters and considering we have lost alot of quality coaches, their development may be impacted also.

We are heading in the exact same direction as the Roosters in my opinion.

Suitman said:
As a reply to my post, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Can you think and type a bit slower please.

Suity

Sure let me help you out here.

MarkInTheStands said:
Even without them the competition is so tight

Self explanatory
MarkInTheStands said:
and with the things we can have going for us this off season compared to last off season,

You know things like a coach that cares about what is going to happen stuff like that.

MarkInTheStands said:
we can do what a big club is supposed to do and that is make the 8. After that who knows

You see if a team makes the finals the way the finals system works is more in favour of the lower ranked teams then those that street the field.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hellsy said:
Some of you guys make me sad........

Well done Todd on the signing, I hope Parra is everything you expect and more and look forward to watching you learn from people like Hindy

:clap: :clap:

Hellsy,

I think you need to understand that very few people here have berated the signing of Todd Lowrie personally. Read back, has anyone bad mouthed him???

The crux of this debate is the signing policy of this great club. I think, with what has been available on the market this year, that people maybe hoped for something better.

There would only be a handful of people here that are ready to bag out Lowrie wearing the blue and gold.

And they aren't worth replying to, so, don't get so defensive about it, unless you want to weigh into the debate about Parras buying and retention policy's.

Suity

James_Hardie

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
So no matter who we sign from now you are going to be disappointed.

I am not confident about Hill and to be honest would have preferred Burns.

Players like Mcalwain and Minichello are no better than O'Dwyer and Widders who we have lost. Myles, not much better than Morro (although younger).

We need a prop, there are no first grade quality props left. Mark Bryant, maybe he has potential, i could cop him but we still lack top quality props like an Asotasi or Poore. The way the game is slowing down, you need a top quality front row with some good size.

People on hear are starting rumors about maybe jagging someone from the ESL, i will have my fingers crossed that we will pull a rabbit out of the hat there.

The Colonel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
You see if a team makes the finals the way the finals system works is more in favour of the lower ranked teams then those that street the field.

Everyone bar eighth spot. ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
Sorry suity I was looking for a Number on when we stop topping up Glenn's Contract.

And I was suggesting that that number was what Lowrie cost as opposed to Morrison.

Suity

forward pass

Coach
Suitman said:
The crux of this debate is the signing policy of this great club. I think, with what has been available on the market this year, that people maybe hoped for something better.

Suity

As i just posted in another thread somewhere Suity, we need to acknowledge that signing players has NEVER worked for us. I know we need to recruit to fill holes but we may need to go back to our juniors.

Even when we recruited the Bulldogs 4(McKracken, Smith, Dymock and Pay) as well as Ritson, Raper, Johnston and Barnes - we still won f**all!!

We have recruited good players, but let them go down the track - every one of em !!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
There is one question that not many people have thought about

just how much money do Parra have to spend

Moimoi would've got a massivly upgraded deal
likewise Tim Smith, Jarryd Hayne and Ben Smith

maybe the loss of O'Dwyer, Petersen, Cannings and Widders only just covered these upgrades.

Players like Tahu and Riddell may well have their contracts structed in a way that means they'll earn more money this year so their goes the money gained from the loss of McKinnon and Morris.

Bigfella

Coach
Look I have no probleem at all with Tood Lowrie. The tendency when a coach comes from another club and brings a lesser known player with him is that the guy has a strong attitude and unrealised potential; see BS and the young Daniel Wagon; Johnny Lang and various Cronulla ex players he brought to Penrith (eg Martin), Chris Anderson and Brett Kimmorley, who he folded up and put in his briefacase like a ventriloquists dummy wherever he went.

The problem is that we have losy a lot of talent this year: Morris, Widders, McKinnon, Morrison, Stringer, Lyon, Peterson, O'Dwyer, Perenara (x2), plus Delaney, Green and Williams may also be off.

For us to not have any known replacements at this time of the year, and the pool of replacements to be diminishing quite rapidly, is surely a massive and legitimate concern?

Especially in circumstances where we didn't buy a single player in the last off season, some of our senior players are clearly well past their best, and we have been shown to be well off the pace set by the senior sides.

I could have handled a broom going through the joint if the non-performing players of the last 2-3 years were targeted, and if the replacements were known, and something to be excited about.

I sincerely hope that the attitude has not been that the real problem was Brian SMith, and that a change of coach will solve most of our problems...

Hellsy

Immortal
Suitman said:
Helen,

I think you need to understand that very few people here have berated the signing of Todd Lowrie personally. Read back, has anyone bad mouthed him???
There is no need to call me by my name, that is very degrading

These are from the 1st page, I don't have time to find the rest but there are plenty:

Gustarny - 'not lowrie either i hope' and 'another small 90 odd kilo forward waste of time.'
Prodigal Eel - I hope this is a g-up. NOT LOWRIE!! HE IS NO GOOD!

Suitman said:

There would only be a handful of people here that are ready to bag out Lowrie wearing the blue and gold.

And they aren't worth replying to, so, don't get so defensive about it, unless you want to weigh into the debate about Parras buying and retention policy's.

Suity

I do understand what you are arguing, i think it is just sad... and I have right of opinion the same as everyone I thought...........

Suitman

Post Whore
forward pass said:
As i just posted in another thread somewhere Suity, we need to acknowledge that signing players has NEVER worked for us. I know we need to recruit to fill holes but we may need to go back to our juniors.

Even when we recruited the Bulldogs 4(McKracken, Smith, Dymock and Pay) as well as Ritson, Raper, Johnston and Barnes - we still won f**all!!

We have recruited good players, but let them go down the track - every one of em !!!

I read that post and it was certainly food for thought.
But our juniors need to be brought along by seniors. In Parras case, we already have those so maybe you are right. I believe that is where Hagan has his part to play. He needs to start getting more from our seniors than we are currently getting.

On the other hand, ARE our juniors of the quality or ability that we will want them to be in 2-3 years time? Who knows?
If we buy poorly, it certainly puts a lot more pressure on Hagan.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Hellsy said:
There is no need to call me by my name, that is very degrading

I've never heard of anyone regarding being called by their christian name degrading, but in saying that, I have gone back and changed it for you.

Apologies if you were offended.

Suity

Hellsy

Immortal
It is when it is on a forum that everyone uses alias's, it reminds me of getting in trouble with my mother