What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomikins confirmed today?

I think we can bank on the fact that he is coming, otherwise it would be a very embarrassing fail on the warriors management.

The time has come to stop speculating about whether Tomkins will cut it at the NRL or not, because we are about to find out. Bringing him in was a gamble (to some degree even if small), but now that he is a done deal lets look forward to seeing what he can do for us next year. This argument is pointless now.

This is scurrah your talking bout u know

shiznit

Coach
Yeah probably a poor choice of words...

But to be fair I didn't judge them on there actions on the field... Considering the difference between the ESL and the NRL its just too hard to REALLY compare them.

I judged them only on the fact that one has runs on the board. Nothing more.

Here's a question for some of you...

If this thing backfires spectacularly and Tomkins flops while Locke kills it at the dogs...

Will you give Dean Bell, Wayne Scurrah & Matt Elliot some slack for this decision considering you feel pretty strongly that this is the right thing for the club to do...

I get the feeling that ill see F.O Tomkins, Scurrah & Bell threads if this does backfire.

jaseg

Juniors
Relax fellas... he's coming. It's not an 'if' anymore. They're just not announcing it before the end of the season, so as not to distract / take away from Wigan's season. The player himself is denying it because he's been told to deny it (Tomkins that is, nfi about Locke).

Iafeta

Referee
Are you talking about Locke or Tomkins??

Both are denying it....

Locke. Tomkins has also denied it, however Wigan themselves talked about struggling to hang onto him. Matt Elliott has insisted Locke has a role in the spine of the Warriors. The club has also denied the rumour about a month ago.

shiznit

Coach
Locke. Tomkins has also denied it, however Wigan themselves talked about struggling to hang onto him. Matt Elliott has insisted Locke has a role in the spine of the Warriors. The club has also denied the rumour about a month ago.
Lol.

So let me get this straight...

So you discount the numerous denials from Sam Tomkins and Shaun Wane that he's leaving Wigan...

But you DO believe the denials coming from Kevin Locke and Matty Elliot that he is leaving.

I admire your one eyed optimism for the club... It's certainly refreshing...

Iafeta

Referee
Dean Bell was also in an article today saying that there is no thought of Locke not being there next year.

shiznit, its fairly simple really. Locke has said no. Elliott has said no. Bell has said no. On the Tomkins side, Tomkins has said no, Wigan have said it looks like they can't keep him, and McFadden in an interview basically gave it away that Tomkins is coming. On one side you have absolutely none of the parties admitting or inferring of a player movement, yet on other side you have a party that seems open to it and one that, in a foot in mouth moment, confirmed it.

You can call it optimism, frankly I don't believe its worthy of concern at the moment. If Tomkins comes, he comes. Until that point Kevin Locke is a Warrior, and to be perfectly blunt, Tomkins is a Wigan player. If I believed every rumour that has floated around Penrose at various points, you'd have Greg Eastwood, Mick Crocker, Matt Rua having been with the Warriors, and Locke, Johnson, Leuluai, Matulino, Fisiiahi, Hurrell being ready (or by this stage already) to play at other clubs. For some reason, and I'm guessing its because they're a 1 country outfit, the Warriors seem to have a litany of rumours all over the place.

vvvrulz

Coach
I don't see how they are going to effectively manage Friend, Johnson, TL, Townsend, Tomkins, Locke and Fish into four positions. At full strength three good players are going to miss out and I reckon we will see some mid season transfers.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I don't see how they are going to effectively manage Friend, Johnson, TL, Townsend, Tomkins, Locke and Fish into four positions. At full strength three good players are going to miss out and I reckon we will see some mid season transfers.

Thats why I was meh on bringing back Friend for another year. That and I think Leuluai would be a pretty solid upgrade at hooker. But who knows Locke would go at 6. I don't have that much confidence that he would make a very good one, especially early on.

Iafeta

Referee
IIRC, Kevin's junior footy (pre Warriors) involved a lot of time in the halves. RE Fish, I dare say he'd be the right wing.

I'd rather be in the position of having too many players for positions, and not be in the position we were in earlier this year where Elijah Taylor had to play hooker...

vvvrulz

Coach
IIRC, Kevin's junior footy (pre Warriors) involved a lot of time in the halves. RE Fish, I dare say he'd be the right wing.

I'd rather be in the position of having too many players for positions, and not be in the position we were in earlier this year where Elijah Taylor had to play hooker...

Maybe we'll see:

1. Tomkins
2. Fish
5. Manu
6. Locke
7. Johnson
9. Friend

Impact sub. TL

Which will leave Townsend and Laumape out.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Maybe we'll see:

1. Tomkins
2. Fish
5. Manu
6. Locke
7. Johnson
9. Friend

Impact sub. TL

Which will leave Townsend and Laumape out.

That'll never (and shoudln't) happen. Pretty much reducing all of Friends strong points and turning one of our best players this season into a 30-40 minute player. Next season should have had Leuluai moving to hooker and having Townsend and Locke battling it out for the vacant halves spot.

vvvrulz

Coach
That'll never (and shoudln't) happen. Pretty much reducing all of Friends strong points and turning one of our best players this season into a 30-40 minute player. Next season should have had Leuluai moving to hooker and having Townsend and Locke battling it out for the vacant halves spot.

They aren't going to dump Friend at hooker, he will at the very least be starting there.

Rebel

First Grade
I thought that signing Tomkins would mean locke or Tomkins to 6, Leuluai to 9 and we would release friend. When Friend signed on I took that as a "Oh, sam isn't coming now".

I don't know how we will fit him unless Someone goes.