What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomkins

sup42

Juniors
I did ask that Wigan poster if he thought Tomkins had slowed.

He said pretty much the same as what I've talked with Wigan / Esl fans on their boards about.

He's much slower than he was when those highlights were made.

They are all from his time before he lost his speed over there....2013 he was compensating for his loss of pace at Wigan in other ways.

Personally I will be curious to see if he comes back and lasts the season.

I could see him catching up with brother Joel and his mates and comparing what he left with what awaits him here.

Tomkins has to move to the halves imo.

His fullback play is not at the level we expected. His half play therefore should be tested again to see what is left.

sup42

Juniors
St George have Dugan, Morris and Nightingale, a back three to drool over.
Its a TEAM comp and you need the team working as a effective unit all doing their roles.
slightly off topic but the player type you see with the dragons is exactly the type that give our backs sleepless nights.
St George have always had those rangey highly mobile backs.

The Warriors big backs flounder around versus those guys. They get killed when they kick chase.

We get done in the air by those guys accuracy.....and with kicks on the ground.

Up front their mobile pack offloads like silly which tires the not that big...and not that mobile Warriors forwards.

They are the Warrior Kryptonite.

sup42

Juniors
Tui , Waetford, Hoffman.
Hoffman would be brilliant

Tui could be good in time.

I like Waetford. Steady player. I thought they could have tried him this year and moved Tomkins to the halves when Johnson was out for that period.

vvvrulz

Coach
He's not as good as several people here made him out to be, but he is improving all the time
Certainly pointless to give him the chop now.

Skinner

Coach
Tomkins - overpaid, overhyped, overrated. ..

Needs a 1 way ticket back to pomgolia. .

Put the whole bloody lot of them on win payments only. Everybody else that has a job, has to perform, or they are out. It's accepted by all of us. What makes those buggers any different.

Rich102

Staff member
Put the whole bloody lot of them on win payments only. Everybody else that has a job, has to perform, or they are out. It's accepted by all of us. What makes those buggers any different.

Skinner!:shock:
These are STARS we are talking about.

Actually, I totally agree.
Don't know how it would work though and if the players agents would buy into it.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Skinner!:shock:
These are STARS we are talking about.

Actually, I totally agree.
Don't know how it would work though and if the players agents would buy into it.

What would happen is you would end up with a NSW cup level team.

ozbash

Referee
What would happen is you would end up with a NSW cup level team.

Roughly where we're sliding to now.

NSWRL standard..
Tomkins
Fusitua
Dom...oh hang on..
TL
Mateo
Matagi
Friend
Rapira

Fringe NRL

Chad
Laumape

going on this year's observations, player power still rules..

vvvrulz

Coach
Roughly where we're sliding to now.

lol come on lets not exaggerate

We finished 9th and for the most part were competitive throughout the season
Our roster isn't crash hot but there's enough there to make the playoffs, def a hell of a lot better than NSW grade

ozbash

Referee
Exaggeration ? Maybe.

We were great at times (4th or 5th spot looked likely), but for the most part we were pretty gutless with 4 or 5 players trying their guts out and the rest of the team passengers.

It's not a physical or skill problem, it's attitude.

JJ

Immortal
Exaggeration ? Maybe.

We were great at times (4th or 5th spot looked likely), .

That was a mirage mate, we had a favourable draw... good games away at Melbourne and Nth Qld, and a few others... but pretty much every time we played a decent side we were found wanting...

vvvrulz

Coach
That was a mirage mate, we had a favourable draw... good games away at Melbourne and Nth Qld, and a few others... but pretty much every time we played a decent side we were found wanting...

We lost a lot of bad games early in the season.

During the mid season phase it wasn't so bad, we ran the Dogs very close twice who are no mugs + gave South Sydney a solid game despite the scoreline. We were a constant challenge and playing well enough to deserve 4-5

Thrashing the Raiders, Tigers, Titans, Eels etc. shouldn't be underestimated, there is no 'easy beat' in this comp and if you don't show up even the spoon team will punish you.

The rot really started in that second Sharks game, someone flicked the switch and we all dropped off into mediocrity. As Oz said, attitude problem

All in all average season, not terrible not great

JJ

Immortal
Disagree, those teams were all road bumps... we were good in a few losses, and had a consistent patch - but doesn't that sound very familiar? Season ended exactly the same as last year, McFadden happened to take on the role at the right time, but there was the normal return to type at season end

Not a terrible season, a standard one, and for mine no progress made at all

Latest posts