What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomkins

vvvrulz

Coach
every player has a bad game in a season, that was tompkins game on saturday, so no critism from em

cut him sum slack on this one peeps

He's had more than one average games this season.
He wasn't terribly bad on Saturday either, it was rocks and diamonds.

I think we all just want a bit more consistency and less stupid mistakes.

shiznit

Coach
Consistency is the key for him...

When a kick is put in... You almost automatically get butterflies as at the moment he's capable of anything...

He just needs to string together a run of 3 or 4 games with next to no big errors...

He does enough good things with the ball in hand that if you eliminate the bad things... Those good things shine out more...

At the moment he almost undoes all the good stuff with the odd bad thing...

This was in the telecrap his morning
Not sure what to make of it

SHOOSH
ENGLISH international Sam Tomkins is apparently not entirely happy with his move to Auckland. It’s a big call, especially given the Warriors paid Wigan a $750,000 transfer fee to get him to New Zealand

playdaball

Bench

SHOOSH
ENGLISH international Sam Tomkins is apparently not entirely happy with his move to Auckland. It?s a big call, especially given the Warriors paid Wigan a $750,000 transfer fee to get him to New Zealand

Come back Locke and stop getting injured Fish ha ha

Diesel

Referee
DT, I wouldn't read too much into that unless there are multiple sites saying something similar. It's a big call for someone to come down here but if he's wanting to prove himself then getting the Warriors a maiden premiership is the way to go

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Lol

Of course he's not entirely happy. He's used to playing with a perennial contender and at the moment we're outside the 8, with his form not as consistent as he'd like.

I'd be very concerned if there was an article that said he was entirely happy.

vvvrulz

Coach

SHOOSH
ENGLISH international Sam Tomkins is apparently not entirely happy with his move to Auckland. It?s a big call, especially given the Warriors paid Wigan a $750,000 transfer fee to get him to New Zealand

Depends on what exactly he meant by that.

If he's not happy with his form and the teams progress then that's fair enough.

If he's not happy with making the move in general and wants to go home then that's a pretty rotten attitude.

Everyone has a right to be unhappy with their situation and change it if they want. If he wants to get out of his contract, see if he gets a release. Nothing wrong with changing your mind, as long as you speak to your club and try to reach an agreement.

Iafeta

Referee
I'd say he means form. I think thats backed up by his attitude, you can tell the guy is trying bloody hard, he just needs to clean up a couple of boo-boos and he'll be away. One thing we shouldn't underestimate with this guy is how well our right edge goes with him as basically the right side halfback, he has opened up a lot of opportunities for Konrad Hurrell. Looking at Konnie's try assist stats, I'd take the odds that 80% of them have been because of him being freed up by Tomkins.

Scott

Bench
Has anyone actually considered that the reason he is making a lot of un-characteristic basic errors is due to the fact he is not settled and happy off the field?

sup42

Juniors
Could be.

There were rumors that Tommy L wasn't happy here ( last year there were rumors too ).

Both those players have common qualities. They were stars where they came from, they came from a superpower team ( unlike our Melbourne players who were not stars ).

Big come down playing for the Warriors.

A lot of pom fans were scratching their heads about Tomkins choosing one of the weak unstructured NRL teams.

Certainly doesn't help your game to settle.....playing for also rans.

Hopefully about to be corrected. Tomkins improves the team makes the finals.

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
He wants to be the best in his position and one of the elite NRL players, he's only played 12 games of NRL, he'll be in good form come finals

sup42

Juniors
Useful players to have in big games.

Experienced played in front of ninety thousand plus crowds.

Hoping we get to see that big game experience this year.

Rich102

Staff member
I caan't see us doing really well with the props we have. Not up to the job.

sup42

Juniors
The Forwards have been playing really well.....always punching above their weight in this comp this year....that's the problem.

Should be a good big man beats a good small man approach to the Propping situation.

JJ

Immortal
Both those players have common qualities. They were stars where they came from, they came from a superpower team ( unlike our Melbourne players who were not stars ).

Guess that sums up the strength of ESL then

sup42

Juniors
Guess that sums up the strength of ESL then
you could say that but this argument plays out all over the internet.

The Burgi Graham Hanley Riley Lydon Morley all make that quip a nonsense ( not directed at you personally ) but really the poms make some of the greatest players ever......all time greatest.....the ole ESL is rubbish has nothing to do with the raw product they breed.

Sam Burgess was a ball dropping penalty magnet in season one.

I think the mental part of living on the other side of the world in completely foreign conditions takes these champions outside their zone for a bit.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
A lot of pom fans were scratching their heads about Tomkins choosing one of the weak unstructured NRL teams.

Which would be valid if Tomkins was a god amongst insects at the Warriors.

But here he's barely running in the top five players in the club, and is a mile behind the leading fullbacks in the comp. I'm not sure exactly what his complaint was but if it was along the lines of having to "play below himself" at the Warriors then its completely invalid.

sup42

Juniors
Which would be valid if Tomkins was a god amongst insects at the Warriors.

But here he's barely running in the top five players in the club, and is a mile behind the leading fullbacks in the comp. I'm not sure exactly what his complaint was but if it was along the lines of having to "play below himself" at the Warriors then its completely invalid.
I doubt the rumors have any validity. It smacks of celebrity gossip.

Tomkins stats place him at top five in the NRL at Fb.

I realize that is hard to swallow but those are the stats posted on the other site.

It turns out that apart from some adjustment issues and some clangers that speak of a player not being up to it.....I go back to Sam Burgess a like for Like comparison.....poor starter in the NRL.....turns out he is the best forward in the comp now he's settled.

As such i would say it is prudent to wait.

The Warriors are a bottom feeder in the NRL in terms of position on the table.

That is fact and an impediment for any player coming from an uber structured system.

This does not excuse Sams clangers.....rather provides context.

Class is permanent form is fleeting.

Last edited: