What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomorrow is so important because....

I believe 8th will be 16 points at the end of Round 16, and 6th will be 18.

Win tomorrow, win next week against Souths, have the bye, and we will be on 14 at the end of Round 16.

Now this is no big news but it just seems that there have been a hell of a lot of "Math says we can't make the 8" threads over the last fortnight or month or whatever and after looking at the ladder and draw just then I think such opinions are ridiculous.

Tomorrow is a good chance to get our ball rolling against the depleted Melbourne side so I hope everyone gets out there and supports our team because tomorrow could be a very important day in our season.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:
I believe 8th will be 16 points at the end of Round 16, and 6th will be 18.

Win tomorrow, win next week against Souths, have the bye, and we will be on 14 at the end of Round 16.

Now this is no big news but it just seems that there have been a hell of a lot of "Math says we can't make the 8" threads over the last fortnight or month or whatever and after looking at the ladder and draw just then I think such opinions are ridiculous.

Tomorrow is a good chance to get our ball rolling against the depleted Melbourne side so I hope everyone gets out there and supports our team because tomorrow could be a very important day in our season.

That's very true, mate.

But what concerns me, personally, is our points differential...I am positive we can win the games we have to. But making our differential positive enough to make us qualify...

lucablight

First Grade
I have a feeling alot of those games where we lost by blowing big leads or losing in tight situations may come back to haunt us.

Angry_eel

First Grade
lucablight said:
I have a feeling alot of those games where we lost by blowing big leads or losing in tight situations may come back to haunt us.
biggest understatement of the year. Actually they are already haunting us. If we had won the penrith match and another one we would still have smithy.

bartman

Immortal
Just have to start turning the good performances when we have them into wins. That comes first, talk of the 8 and maths is no good until we follow through with the consistency.

Tomorrow is important, because we've been consistent and competing alright on average over the last few weeks. Do it again against Melbourne and it's one step closer to a result, then maybe two results, then maybe three...

Agent Mulder

Bench
Couldn't agree more with everyone, Parramatta just have to win today, If they play like they did against The Roosters will should win quite well, Apart from the 2nd half though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought you people would know by now that looking beyond the next game is an absolute sin.

I'm really worried about today.

Utey

Coach
I remember you saying the same thing in 04 Jesus. I still have faith. Last two weeks have been better. If we can't be a depleted Storm side we are gorners.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eelavation said:
I thought you people would know by now that looking beyond the next game is an absolute sin.

I'm really worried about today.

I'm not

it's in the bag Eela

I'm worried about today, too.

The whole point of this thread was to counter the "We can't make the 8" threads that have been popping up. Sure, it's stacked against us, but it is not a foregone conclusion by any means.

Points differential is very worrying. But a 10 point win today plus a smacking of Souths next week puts us in a much better position than we are in right now.

All hope is not lost. Today is a MASSIVE game, so let's get out there and watch our boys begin to turn it around.

ParraManiac

Juniors
Popular opinion suggests 26 points is enough to make the 8. 10 wins out of our last 13 puts us on 28 points, it is not mathematically impossible.

However I do agree that today is very important, we need to start building a platform and getting some confidence back now before it is too late. I think we have played quite well in the last 2 games, and I think the inclusion of Tim Smith back in the top grade will do wonders for us. He will fix up our popgun kicking and passing game of recent weeks.

Go you good things!

redeel

Juniors
what a bunch of dreamers,wehave no hope,what doyou think we deserve to be in the top 8.

Reality is ,we are a dumb football side,not just this yr,go back to 98 v bulldogs and see how stupid our game plan has been in all big games from that game on,and this yr the same stupidityas in game v canb,penr,drags blah blah blah, same old dumb options,purging bs "s influence will take time,and time we aint got

TheParraboy

Staff member
ParraManiac said:
Popular opinion suggests 26 points is enough to make the 8. 10 wins out of our last 13 puts us on 28 points, it is not mathematically impossible.

Well, we can still afford two losses amd make the 8 then :D

Maroubra Eel

Coach
We are not a top 8 side.

We don't deserve to make the 8.

We will barely avoid the spoon.

Its all over.

Goodnight Irene.