What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonights Ga (SPOILERS)

WallyG

Juniors
Got back late from interstate, so couldn't get to the game. Watched it on 9 and thought;

- Hayne was amazing. Agree with all and sundry that he should be our fullback FULLSTOP
- The refs were an absolute disgrace. That Nuffy who has only had 7 games in first grade should be back looking after juniors at Richie Benaud
-How many forward passes did the cows throw? I almost destroyed the remote when he let the 3rd JT to Bowen forward pass go
- Keating's are the real deal
- Defence was far better, but our line speed was still deadfull
- Joe G was going great guns until he picked up the injury

Anyway, how good does it feel to have a win!!

dazeely

First Grade
Ben Smith is sh*t.

I'm not arguing that but believe Hauraki is worse. May have more potential but with the opportunities he has had to date should have produced more regularily. Smith can at least fill in for injuries in the backline and imo defends better. Will agree he has no leg drive what so ever.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ben Smith is light years better than Hauraki...

As for the game, I'd have loved to see us put the foot on the Cows throat after a blistering start and really go on with it, but I'll take a win and some good defence and attack all round

Parraren

Bench
in all seriousness weller, smith, lowrie, oake and cordoba are all about the same level of averageness.

which makes tonights win all the more inspiring

imagine what we could do with a decent pack of forwards...

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
ben smith's defense was outstanding ... yes he has skinny chicken legs and won't make metres - but he will make plenty of 1-on-1 tackles which are massively important to let your teammates get set for the next tackle

dazeely

First Grade
Lets not forget Hauraki ran a total of 19m. For a so called imtimidator or aggressor thats pretty ordinary.

Not saying Smith is a great player but when comparing two ordinary players he is heaps better. Strong one on one defender.

salvy71

Juniors
That's about as good a win that we can hope for with so many ordinary forwards so I'm happy with that . Cayless played well which helped and Fui was great as usual . I'm still a bit iffy about Mannah ...he seems to go backwards more than forward but he's still young i guess .
Kris Keating is already a better halfback than Finch ......and will only get better .......

lucablight

First Grade
*Cayless was great

*Hayne was awesome at fullback

*We are looking way better with K Keating at halfback than Finch. His passing is crisp and swift and his kicks manage to find the grass. He always looks like he's about to make a line break any second

*I've been really disappointed with Cordoba but he played well tonight

*Hauraki and Ben Smith were really disappointing

*Matt Keating is really inconsistent. He can be good at times but he needs to cut out the errors and stop giving away penalties

salvy71

Juniors
*Cayless was great

*Hayne was awesome at fullback

*We are looking way better with K Keating at halfback than Finch. His passing is crisp and swift and his kicks manage to find the grass. He always looks like he's about to make a line break any second

*I've been really disappointed with Cordoba but he played well tonight

*Hauraki and Ben Smith were really disappointing

*Matt Keating is really inconsistent. He can be good at times but he needs to cut out the errors and stop giving away penalties

He really should run more from dummy half , looks dangerous when he does but doesn't do it enough .

dazeely

First Grade
We will agree to disagree there. How about Oake ? Now he sux big time.

Fail to see what you see in him but will agree to disagree. Anyways champ thanks for the friendly debate but I'm off to bed. Going for a happy time (blue and gold dreams).

:D

varion

Juniors
Hauraki cant seem to stop giving away at LEAST 1 penalty or drop ball a game. Hes terrible.

Lowrie has the same dropsies and screwups in his game.

Whilst Ben Smith isnt a world beater - Hes doing the job for us defensively and I think deserves to keep his spot for now.

Joe G is our best forward outside Hindy and Moi moi - hope his injury isnt too bad, we need him. He seems to have eliminated those drop balls from earlier this yr too.

Mannah looks out of his depth in first grade but to be expect as he is a youngster learning what its all about. Having said that ...how come other teams have youngers that hit the ground running...e.g Tamou, Bolton from Cows whilst ours always just have potential...methinks we overestimate our junior stocks.

Overall great feeling to win - Cows were really terrible. We will find alot about ourselves playing the DESPERATE Sea Eagles at Brooky next game. That will be a damn hard game to win - we will need Hindy back for that one for sure.

Bazal

Post Whore
We will agree to disagree there. How about Oake ? Now he sux big time.

I like him, I do...He tries hard and puts in the effort. But he's just too small to have any effect on the game at this level, sadly. I don't think he'll ever be much more than a NSW Cup Player who gets a game here and there through injuries

Latest posts