What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tony williams =

Not really, he isn't proven yet.

It will probably be like when you got Michael Witt off as and said how dumb we were.....flop or the famous Jamie Lyon.....flop.

Im assuming you do support Manly.

Yes Manly.

Dont take my word for how much of a loss he is. Just ask you fellow supporters. There is a 1000+ long thread of outrage about it. ;-)

My prediction : he will go well btw.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Yes Manly.

Dont take my word for how much of a loss he is. Just ask you fellow supporters. There is a 1000+ long thread of outrage about it. ;-)

My prediction : he will go well btw.

Eels fans thought Tim Smith was going to be the next Peter Sterling aswell, we just like any fans get over excited with a young player who makes an impact.

Danish

Referee
He has played 2 games, scored no tries, made 1 linebreak, and missed almost as many tackles as he has made.

yep, a f**king gun and clearly the greatest young talent in the game today :sarcasm:

Tommax25

Bench
Not really, he isn't proven yet.

It will probably be like when you got Michael Witt off as and said how dumb we were.....flop or the famous Jamie Lyon.....flop.

Im assuming you do support Manly.

I would hardly call lyon a flop, but I would say he is not value for money

caylo

Bench
Lyon plays one good game in amoung 35 sh*t ones, he is a flop and is enjoying the money he has made from Eng and noe Manly for doing jacksh*t but eating pie and chasing pigs.

Parramatta on the other hand have Hayne and Inu on less money then Lyon, yet both are far superior and younger. Enjoy our $600K fat lard :D

EGGG

Juniors
Williams is a dime a dozen sort of player.

Big boofy bloke with nothing upstairs.

He's not a footy player just a big lump.

McLovin

Staff member
I don't see it. He's rubbish. I'd take David Simmons over him every day of the week...

Patorick

Staff member
sort of agree with hypocrate i guess.

size matters. say what you will about tony williams' ability as a football player and his level of intelligence, but most coaches will take size, speed and strength over intelligence and guile any day of the week.

when you're ten meters out from the line on the last tackle and the game is on the line you want the ball in the hands of a guy who is the size of this bloke in a one on one tackle situation.

with that said he is overrated and will remain so until he is a seasoned first grader. I'm talking 50 games+.

then people can start jumping up and down about him with justification.

zombie jesus

Staff member
He's the type of player rookie of the year awards go to, wouldn't surprise me if he got it if he holds his spot for Parra.

He's not that great yet, very damaging with the ball but his work off the ball isn't spectacular, it may be a little while before he is in the Manly 17, Hasler will want to get his fitness and work rate up so he can play in the back row, we're pretty right for outside backs, he's not one to rush anybody in to first grade, Cuthbertson is a prime example.

Snoz

Juniors
tony williams is being paid $150k a year at manly for 3 - i reckon they have a bargain there.

sooperdooper

First Grade
rookie of the year will go to matt keating, hands down

Tony Williams is a gun...he isnt a winger though. Through him in at lock or centres! :)

Eels Dude

Coach
Williams has always been prone to laziness in the lower grades.

He's had a pretty easy ride into first grade playing off the wing where he doesn't have to make any tackles, and can simply hit the ball up hard whenever he feels like it against much smaller men.

His future is at centre/backrow, I'd like to see if he'd have the same effect in attack if he is making 20+ tackles a game.