What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too Late Now, We're Suing The Storm

Its funny to me that the Storm are asking for the legal action to be delayed until next week, on the other side of the Grand Final, claiming that Sunday's match needs to be their sole focus, when they held a press conference earlier this week so Smith could tell us all he is the judiciary's scapegoat.

You can't have it both ways

News Ltd are partners with NRL.

News Ltd own the Maggot Storm.

Is News Ltd going to pay to sue itself?

I'm still in shock that C.Smith got what he deserved.

Good money is that News Ltd. will settle out of court, for the amount of zilch.

Meth

Staff member
My understanding is that it is the individual members of the judiciary panel, rather than the NRL themselves, that are suing Bellamy and Waldron.

The NRL's action was taken with the 50k fine

innsaneink

Referee
Read the reply...I am referring to Gallop the CEO of the NRL not Waldron who is simply a CEO of a club.

LOL....youre a hypocrite.

Or are you saying a club CEO should not preserve the brand he manages and should deal with these types of situations in a proactive manner.?

skeepe

Immortal
=Meth;4574542]My understanding is that it is the individual members of the judiciary panel, rather than the NRL themselves, that are suing Bellamy and Waldron.

The NRL's action was taken with the 50k fine

Exactly. The fact that so many people fail to comprehend this is rather sad. This is a personal matter of 3 individuals suing 2 other individuals for defamation. Those blaming Gallop for this situation clearly have an axe to grind and will take any opportunity to make idiotic attacks.

On topic, I hope that Bellamy and Waldron are taken for all they're worth. Them and thier team are absolute scum and a blight on the game.

IAmDancingHomer

Juniors
Exactly. The fact that so many people fail to comprehend this is rather sad. This is a personal matter of 3 individuals suing 2 other individuals for defamation. Those blaming Gallop for this situation clearly have an axe to grind and will take any opportunity to make idiotic attacks.

On topic, I hope that Bellamy and Waldron are taken for all they're worth. Them and thier team are absolute scum and a blight on the game.

Of course you can lay blame with Gallop. These 3 induviduals are in the employ of the NRL. They are not satisfied with the action the NRL has taken so now they have expressed their desires to take the matter to court in a meeting they had with Gallop, a lawyer. If they cared at all about the game they would have taken this a different path. Gallop is the man charged with taking care of these matters and he has failed. He coul dand should have gone out of his way to make sure the focus of this week was on the GF. Not about petty arguments. He should have meet with ALL perties and nutted this out. Instead we have 3 people more worried about their stupid pride over some dribble, than having people focus on the premier game of the year. Someone needs to take a stand and be the adult in this situation and these 3 men are not. Gallop is too timid to and Waldron is too much of a windbag to. The whole thing is a circus.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,24437896-14823,00.html

NRL chief David Gallop says Melbourne should apologise

By Steve Mascord and Dean Ritchie | October 03, 2008 12:00am

DAVID Gallop yesterday became the first rugby league official in 100 years to take part in legal action against the coach and chief executive of a Grand Final club and then declared: "They should apologise now."

Just hours after handing over a $100,000 cheque to Melbourne chief executive Brian Waldron for winning the minor premiership, league CEO Gallop offered his support to judiciary members seeking to sue Waldron and coach Craig Bellamy for defamation.

"They have created an unnecessary confusion about whether they regret what was said," Gallop said. "That's why they should apologise now."

At the end of a troubled centenary year for the game, the leading club now finds itself in direct legal conflict with the governing body - and Waldron is refusing to back down.

The closest thing to the imbroglio in Australian league history came in 1995 when the Bulldogs played in the Grand Final at the same time as the courts decided the Super League falling-out.

Judiciary members Royce Ayliffe, Darrell Williams and Darren Britt are the ones taking the action but Gallop is helping them with legal advice.

"He (Bellamy) has had ample time to make an apology," Ayliffe told The Daily Telegraph. "It hasn't come forth which is disturbing. We will now let the solicitors pursue it.

"I'm just grateful the NRL is backing us. It's not about the money. It is about our integrity."

Judiciary chairman Greg Woods, a District Court judge, wrote to the Storm demanding an apology and did not get a response.

Waldron, speaking outside yesterday's Grand Final luncheon, said: "The judiciary, we offered to meet them next week to discuss the matter.

"We have indicated to them we will address their concerns next week - however they have chosen to make it clear they want something this week.

"We think that is inappropriate for the Melbourne Storm and indeed inappropriate for the game. I would have thought the best thing for the game would be to concentrate on what's happening on Sunday night.

mik01

Juniors
i used to like, and support, the Storm, as a second team after my Broncs.

but your whinging, complaining, head pulling, and outrageous coach's spray bringing the game down to gutter level (in the week before a GF!) makes me only hate your team.

I suspect I am not alone.

i hope the storm lose, and whinge again about how the world is against them. That is really the only reason I will be watching on sunday.

may Manly bring you great pain...

i Used To Like, And Support, The Storm, As A Second Team After My Broncs.

But Your Whinging, Complaining, Head Pulling, And Outrageous Coach's Spray Bringing The Game Down To Gutter Level (in The Week Before A Gf!) Makes Me Only Hate Your Team.

I Suspect I Am Not Alone.

I Hope The Storm Lose, And Whinge Again About How The World Is Against Them. That Is Really The Only Reason I Will Be Watching On Sunday.

May Manly Bring You Great Pain...

Yawn!

Cloud9

but your whinging, complaining, head pulling, and outrageous coach's spray bringing the game down to gutter level (in the week before a GF!) makes me only hate your team.

i hope the storm lose, and whinge again about how the world is against them. That is really the only reason I will be watching on sunday.

Is it the same pain that Lockyer and Ashton Sims had on their faces?
LOL!! The Wayne Bennett dynasty is over!

mik01

Juniors
Is it the same pain that Lockyer and Ashton Sims had on their faces?
LOL!! The Wayne Bennett dynasty is over!

as is Melbourne's!!!! :crazy::crazy:

you lose Folau to us next year - no wonder he wanted out. I wouldn't want to be coached by a whinging, defaming, Origin whitewashing idiot like that. :lol:

pain.... its coming

Geohood

Bench
as is Melbourne's!!!! :crazy::crazy:

you lose Folau to us next year - no wonder he wanted out. I wouldn't want to be coached by a whinging, defaming, Origin whitewashing idiot like that. :lol:

pain.... its coming

mr-t.jpg

Pain is coming for you, fool

innsaneink

Referee
Of course you can lay blame with Gallop. These 3 induviduals are in the employ of the NRL. They are not satisfied with the action the NRL has taken so now they have expressed their desires to take the matter to court in a meeting they had with Gallop, a lawyer. If they cared at all about the game they would have taken this a different path. Gallop is the man charged with taking care of these matters and he has failed. He coul dand should have gone out of his way to make sure the focus of this week was on the GF. Not about petty arguments. He should have meet with ALL perties and nutted this out. Instead we have 3 people more worried about their stupid pride over some dribble, than having people focus on the premier game of the year. Someone needs to take a stand and be the adult in this situation and these 3 men are not. Gallop is too timid to and Waldron is too much of a windbag to. The whole thing is a circus.
Or Belly couldve said sorry.
Easy.

Forgot about that eh?

AILD

Bench

the more hate the better.

...IF we lose the pain will be huge, but just remember where you guys finished this year...and who knocked you out :D

Latest posts