What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tooheys column in todays Sunday Telegraph

perverse

Referee
trying to think of (established) non-aussie halfbacks i'd like a lash at...

- Sam Tomkins (wanted to get this kid when we got Beau Henry... has exploded over there apparently) - already contracted to Wigan for the forseeable future.
- Shaun Johnson - signed with Warriors until 2014
- Thomas Bosc - i don't know much about this guy at all, but he has a high profile for a french dude.
- Thomas Leuluai - on his way back to the Warriors for 2013. talented and having a good year apparently.
- Rangi Chase - not much of a fan. goes well in the Super League. belongs in the Super League.
- Richie Myler - was rated highly a few years ago, not sure where he stands now.

who am i missing?

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach

- Sam Tomkins (wanted to get this kid when we got Beau Henry... has exploded over there apparently) - already contracted to Wigan for the forseeable future.
- Thomas Bosc - i don't know much about this guy at all, but he has a high profile for a french dude.
- Thomas Leuluai - on his way back to the Warriors for 2013. talented and having a good year apparently.
- Rangi Chase - not much of a fan. goes well in the Super League. belongs in the Super League.
- Richie Myler - was rated highly a few years ago, not sure where he stands now.

who am i missing?
Bosc is trash.
You forgot Rob Burrow, though I personally think he's too small. I personally quite like Rangi Chase as a 9

perverse

Referee
Foran and Benji though they are very unlikely
very unlikely, and they're both 5/8ths.
Bosc is trash.
fair enough.
You forgot Rob Burrow, though I personally think he's too small. I personally quite like Rangi Chase as a 9
i've omitted him due to his age. it seems unlikely that we'd go a grab a foreign half who is tapping 30... but I could be wrong. the other blokes i've mentioned are no older than 26, a few of them still very early 20's.

edit - actually, after a quick google i've just found that Bosc is 28 (29 in august), so he's probably not the one for a multitude of skill and non-skill related issues.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Fien is old as f**k, and more of a utility than a straight up halfback. i hope that isn't the case. he is far and away from an answer to our problems.

Spot On

Coach
The Justin Poore rumour is just plain mean. It does no-one any favours and is the basis of a very bad joke. May that name never be mentioned or associated with this club.

Yosh

Coach

who am i missing?

Scotty Dureau

Billy's gone missing so I thought I'd do the honors.

Stick

Juniors
Fien is old as f**k, and more of a utility than a straight up halfback. i hope that isn't the case. he is far and away from an answer to our problems.

Oh I agree for sure. He isn't particularly good (and not particularly not-Australian for that matter) so I suppose he doesn't quite fit the rumour but after all the talk last year... Wayne certainly likes him.

Have we lost the Roberts-love as him being the future half?
Except for his kicking I wouldn't expect him to last the season. I hope I'm wrong and he gets up to top form. Being young can be an excuse for a while.

Two things. Firstly it ain't Fien. Fien is not in this guy's league. Secondly I would say who but i am not kidding when i say i am sworn to secrecy by said source cos it could have repercussions higher up if it gets out. Not sure how or why but that is what the deal was. I know it is hard to trust any rumour but this source is as credible as it gets. I must say it was a left field one in my eyes. I am still not convinced it will go ahead cos it is very early stages and he will need to basically play for free in his first season I hear.

Rod

Bench
I was thinking along the same lines, but thought of Piri Weepu. We've been linked to him before.

He's not going well at the moment at all though.

RABK

Referee
Showstopper ain't a bullshitter and is reliable when he says he has a good source. Unsure of said player though as i really haven't seen a lot of him but it's definitely a real left field purchase if proven true.

RABK

Referee
And if anyone knows the player or thinks they do discuss it through PM as it'd be best not to let it leak in public for the clubs benefit.

Rusty

Juniors
Quade Cooper? Off contract at the end of year? Thats as left field as it gets and we have been linked to him before.

Latest posts