What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 8 revised..

bboy_insane

Juniors
After the Broncos display today it'll be hard seeing them come first. Or even top 4 if they keep this form up.

weasel

First Grade
Brisbane will still make the top four imo, their side is chock full of stars (imo their best side since '98, 2000's team were professional and consistent but didn't have the talent the current team has). Their big weakness is the back three, Leon Bott has pace but doesn't look up to first grade standard otherwise, Hodges always has a mistake or two in him despite being a great attacking player, Karmichael Hunt is one of the worst defensive fullbacks in the league I reckon, and Tame Tupou is an absolute nuff.

t-ba

Post Whore
bboy_insane said:
After the Broncos display today it'll be hard seeing them come first. Or even top 4 if they keep this form up.

Don't see why not. I think the only team guaranteed a top 4 spot at the moment is the Storm.

weasel

First Grade
Although, I must add, although I do still believe it's their best team since 1998, they're still not even half the side that team was.

bboy_insane

Juniors
t-ba said:
bboy_insane said:

Don't see why not. I think the only team guaranteed a top 4 spot at the moment is the Storm.

Their form is too up and down. Loss to warriors, beat roosters, smashed by melbourne. Top 4 teams need consistency.

legend

Coach
Yes and the Raiders are currently team number one on for and against. :D

Now that's what I call consistent.

With the bye we are guaranteed ten points and I'd say we are safe from the wooden spoon.

Knights and Dragons on the other hand...

Raider_69

Post Whore
I recon you probably need 26 points to make the 8 this year

given 1 bye is still to for canberra, that makes 8 more games from 21 to make the semis IMO, i recon we **does best lozza voice** are in there up to our earballs :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:
I recon you probably need 26 points to make the 8 this year

given 1 bye is still to for canberra, that makes 8 more games from 21 to make the semis IMO, i recon we **does best lozza voice** are in there up to our earballs :lol:

You want some more hand cream?

innsaneink

Referee
Yes....impressive! :roll:

4569ut.jpg

legend

Coach
It's an oldy but a goodie. Bad luck to all those punters that outlaid over 90k on the Dragons to beat us. :lol:

Ink, you forgot to circle team number one but I can understand your jealousy.

Before I turn in for the night I have one word for everyone:

EXPECTATION

:D

innsaneink

Referee
Hmm yeh the next three weeks should tell us a bit more..

...wheres ur bullshi tting mate, Skeepe?

Raider_69

Post Whore
so honestly ink, how many comp points you recon will get a top 8 spot this year?
I recon with the topsy turvey way things are going atm 26 should see you through

t-ba

Post Whore
Round 6 at Brookie Should Go off as long as Both sides play decent next weekend.

A suspiciously mid 1990's feel I would say :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:
so honestly ink, how many comp points you recon will get a top 8 spot this year?
I recon with the topsy turvey way things are going atm 26 should see you through

Yeh hard to say, 26 ...28 I spose....if four break away and more than 80% of games youd expect it to be 28 points + for the bottom of the 8, but thats not looking likely....

t-ba

Post Whore
bboy_insane said:
t-ba said:
bboy_insane said:

Their form is too up and down. Loss to warriors, beat roosters, smashed by melbourne. Top 4 teams need consistency.

Who's been consistent then?

legend

Coach
Umm Canberra, Manly, Melbourne and North Qld have been by far the most consistent after four rounds. :D

azza

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Hmm yeh the next three weeks should tell us a bit more..

...wheres ur bullshi tting mate, Skeepe?

Mate give us some credit we had a miserable season last year and I'm certainly not saying at this stage we'll win the comp but the Raiders certainly are playing some good footy. They are going to cause some trouble if they keep it up, they aren't as bad as some here make them out to be.

I realise the opposition hasn't been great but we have played a Souths team that was on their usual early season wave of enthusiasm, and then backed up within 5 days to take on a desperate Dragons outfit. That isn't easy and we have still done OK.

Latest posts