What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cherry cheese is off along with others although its hard getting rid of dead wood, no one wants to pay decent money for them.

Tripper and Yedlin will be fighting over the RB spot. We were originally going to loan Yedlin out till we realised he could play which is what happened in Malaysia and Sydney. He is shit on the training track but a different person in our first 11.

Sherwood ran Walker into the ground and would not let him recover from injury and seems permanently broken now. My guess is we will sell him if he can pass a medical as I dont think he is in Poch's future plans.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He looked good and has a ton of speed but he is not rated as a defender and his ability to cross is limited. He is a typical modern day inverted winger, his game is based around attack rather than defence.

We may hang onto him, we just gotta wait and see, also Davies wants out as he is not getting enough games so we could very well see Trip or Yedlin tried at LB as Davies heart doesn't seem to be in it.

Also the young Kyle Walker who played in Sydney and Malaysia is coming along very well so I think we will be very well served with fullbacks in the near future.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
Kyle Walker hyphenated named? He was dreadful against Sydney. Absolutely dreadful.

Yedlin looked good with the ball and attacking but was a bit suspect in defence.

If you guys get a back up striker and Kane can keep his form then you will be a tough team to beat

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, thats him, he's been very good in our academy team and he will be a PL player imo although against Sydney he played out of position (LB)

we will get a back up striker as Soldado is off and we are doing our best to dump Ade and Martial from Monaco is our main target atm but there are a few teams after him as well

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
3 midfielders gone in one week, well we all knew we were having a clean out but there wont be 3 incoming although Ali will come into the squad

perhaps we are expecting more from the likes of Onamah and Winks but I would expect them to be loaned out as our ave age of our midfield would be about 18/19

no doubt we need a mature leader in the midfield but just about all our targets are about 20 to 22

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Good question, I would think he will but he is also very young but Poch is keen on him, he would be competition for Mason's spot, our main target is for a DM to replace Stambouli and Capou

Pritchard is apparently off, hasn't impressed with his loans

ggmu

Juniors
Hasnt inpressed wasnt he in the championship team of the season last year? Also thought i seen a quote from ur manager saying he was going to be around the squad this year.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sorry, mybad, yes he was and Ali was player of the season

got that arse about, Pritchard will probabaly go as he is about 22 and a loan is probabaly not worth it any more

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
definitely, at least one and a wide (left side) forward

there is a bidding war for Soldado between Seville and Valencia for around what we paid for him (€13mill)

offers in for Townsend and Carroll too that are being taken seriously, I thought we may hang onto Townsend but Poch dont like him

Ade being frozen out, he wont even be given a squad number this season and we are prepared to give him away or loan him and there is a bit of interest but his wages are an issue, he is on about $80K a week from us and $20K a week from Citihad.

Stambouli was going to Watford with Capoo but PSG have shown an interest I think purely because he would be home grown.

No idea whats happening with Cherrycheese but he is expected to go too. Fazio will stay which gives us 5 CBs, not sure why we need 5. I know our defence was shit last year but you can still only play 2 at a time.