What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Jason Maher

Immortal
Are the two north London clubs locked in a death match for the "worst net transfer outcome" award or something?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Are the two north London clubs locked in a death match for the "worst net transfer outcome" award or something?

we won apparently, we were the lowest spending team in the EPL this window, according to SSN with 5mill (Parker) as Ade was a loan

this after spending a successful season in the CL netting us around an extra 40mill

funny thing is you just seem to expect it as a Spurs fan

boxhead

First Grade
On the small chance we have signed someone else, why wouldn't it be announced today?

boxhead

First Grade
we won apparently, we were the lowest spending team in the EPL this window, according to SSN with 5mill (Parker) as Ade was a loan

this after spending a successful season in the CL netting us around an extra 40mill

We made so much money off sales as well, why the he'll didn't we buy anyone else? Wages I presume, plus no CL football.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
basically we wanted too much for our outgoings and we only moved them out on the last day which gave us no time to get anyone in

god help us if Ade gets injured as we shipped 2 strikers out

WireMan

Bench

Your run by very good business men. They probably see the window as a success.

The lowest spending EPL team? I doubt it but i don't know. Thinking Everton, Norwich, Swansea etc. maybe? But its hardly something to aim for anyway.

Harry really wanted to push on from the CL success last year. Arsenal are going backwards, Liverpool have a good team, but they were below you in last years league so are playing catchup. I think he is a bit annoyed that the board have not backed him. You missed out on Cahill (by all reports the clubs were not a million miles apart), swapped Crouch for Adebayor, and Palacios-Jenas for Parker.

Someone needs to tell Levy and the board that by spending 20 million now, it could of made you a genuine top 4 team. CL Money every year. But they have blown it and let Liverpool in and Arsenal of the hook.
Which is a bit disapointing really as i want Spurs to be better than them.

Alpha

Juniors
I don't watch many of your games so take this with a grain of salt but here's my thoughts ....

I wouldn't be that thrilled if I was you guys. Sure it is all well and good to offload some deadwood and reduce the wage budget but you guys are seriously lacking some quality and depth. I don't know the story on who's to blame in terms of the chairman or Harry but I wouldn't be impressed either way.

What formation will you guys play?

Adebayor
Van Der Vaart
Bale Parker/Sandro Modric Lennon
Assou-Ekotto Dawson King Walker
Friedel

Gomes, Corluka, Gallas, Kaboul, Bassong, Parker/Sandro, Huddlestone, Pienaar, Defoe, Pavyluchenko

VDV is not a striker but you guys seem to like playing him in behind. He should be on the bench. But then you guys have a partnership of Adebayor and Defoe with Pav as the replacement not the most intimidating strikeforce.

Not sure if Adebayor will stay after this season without City topping up his wages.

How motivated is Modric going to be with all the dramas of this window? If you guys aren't up the top of the table I feel as though he might go in Jan.

Bale is obviously a good talent but he seems to be out of form at the moment although I may be wrong there.

I've never really rated Lennon, don't know about what you guys think.

Dawson is decent but your CB's are pretty poor.

You guys obviously need some defenders and 1-2 quality strikers badly.

Take this as you wish as my team Liverpool have their deficiencies as well (up-front, rw etc) but I like when the league is a bit more competitive and the more teams to challenge the mancs and chavs the better.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't watch many of your games so take this with a grain of salt but here's my thoughts ....

I wouldn't be that thrilled if I was you guys. Sure it is all well and good to offload some deadwood and reduce the wage budget but you guys are seriously lacking some quality and depth. I don't know the story on who's to blame in terms of the chairman or Harry but I wouldn't be impressed either way.

What formation will you guys play?

Adebayor
Van Der Vaart
Bale Parker/Sandro Modric Lennon
Assou-Ekotto Dawson King Walker
Friedel

Gomes, Corluka, Gallas, Kaboul, Bassong, Parker/Sandro, Huddlestone, Pienaar, Defoe, Pavyluchenko

VDV is not a striker but you guys seem to like playing him in behind. He should be on the bench. But then you guys have a partnership of Adebayor and Defoe with Pav as the replacement not the most intimidating strikeforce.

Not sure if Adebayor will stay after this season without City topping up his wages.

How motivated is Modric going to be with all the dramas of this window? If you guys aren't up the top of the table I feel as though he might go in Jan.

Bale is obviously a good talent but he seems to be out of form at the moment although I may be wrong there.

I've never really rated Lennon, don't know about what you guys think.

Dawson is decent but your CB's are pretty poor.

You guys obviously need some defenders and 1-2 quality strikers badly.

Take this as you wish as my team Liverpool have their deficiencies as well (up-front, rw etc) but I like when the league is a bit more competitive and the more teams to challenge the mancs and chavs the better.

Harry just loves a 442, so hard to see what format we will have, he generally plays VDV as a "hole" player, as he describes, an AM just in being the striker but we've never had any capable of playing alone upfront, Ade will fix that. VDV is out for another month.

Our other strikers are rubbish.

Bolton wanted Defoe in return for Cahill and although our strikers are shit, we only got 3 now so we didnt't let him go

I guess Dos Santos will now be given another chance as we've reduced our squad size, spent 5mill and gained 25mill in sales. Seville is where he wanted to go but their offer was rubbish.

Levy doesn't do loans without a preagreed deal at the end so Ade's transfer fee of 10mill and his wages (not sure what they are) have already been agreed so if we want to keep him we just have to take up the option on him.

We had a very profitable window but I just wonder if the stadium has become more of a priority while trying to juggle the squad, hard to do both.

Long way to go in this season and we no doubt have players out of form and alot of injuries and a crap start.

Just on Bale, he has been inconsistent but he's still only 21 and along way to go and alot more to learn. I'd say when he matures he'll be more consistent.