What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

boxhead

First Grade
I think our defence looks better with Charlie at the back and Walker on the wing, but he's not gonna push both VDV and Lennon of the right wing and Lennon cant even got on the bench atm

so hard to fit all our mids on the ground at the same time, its a waste having Sandro on the bench, his impact was immediate and Parker is just a machine in that he never stops running

Factor in Huddlestone, Pienarr, etc. VDV needs to start somewhere, I'd consider dropping Defoe to the bench to have a five man midfield and, when fit, bring Lennon in.
Sandro needs to start...maybe leave VDV on the right wing but introduce Sandro to cover along with Parker? I think we'd be better served that way.
If we don't stay with what we have, perhaps;
Friedel
Walker Kaboul King Assou-Ekotto
VDV Parker Sandro Modric Bale
Adebayor
Then again, we have won four in a row so maybe we don't need to change; our midfield won't get dominated like that again against lesser teams.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think VDV has ever played out 90 minutes, he's either lazy and gets hooked or just not fit.

G.I.

Juniors
He was hopeless in the second half yesterday, their goal was put down to his laziness. When is Sandro going start? Best player on the field yesterday from when he came on.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Problem is, we'd need a 5 man midfield to play Bale, Modric, Parker, Sandro and VDV, and thats omitting Lennon

Harry is a 4-4-2 man in the premier league, he only ever changed our formation when we played in the Champions League for some reason.

WireMan

Bench
Problem is, we'd need a 5 man midfield to play Bale, Modric, Parker, Sandro and VDV, and thats omitting Lennon

Harry is a 4-4-2 man in the premier league, he only ever changed our formation when we played in the Champions League for some reason.

VDV is a luxury player that doesn't work in a 4-4-2 unless he is one of the two.

Parker is already looking like a key man for you, Sandro is sounding good. So there is your midfield two. Add Lennon and Bale to the wings and you have to chose between Modric, Defoe or VDV for the attacking role partnering Adebayor.

G.I.

Juniors
Could be used as a sub, and burn all the tired legs out there. Maybe a replacement striker? He would be good coming on fresh with 10-15 to go running through balls at striker. I can't see room for him in the midfield, especially when Harry is trying to give Livermore some game time in the premier league.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Lennon doesn't seem to have a bright future at spurs does, whats the go with him?

its a hard one, he actually has a lot of talent and tons of speed but his crossing is so poor he wastes alot of opportunities

he was actually shopped around last window

WireMan

Bench
The joy of having too many players craving selection!

Its not the worse problem in the world!!

its a hard one, he actually has a lot of talent and tons of speed but his crossing is so poor he wastes alot of opportunities

he was actually shopped around last window

He is a frustrating player. He obviously has stupid speed and can get himself into dangerous positions, but he has not gone up to that extra level. Someone tell him to calm down, put your head up and start picking passes.

He is good enough to get a gig in the premiership for most of the teams.

G.I.

Juniors
If Adebayor doesn't stay, any ideas who would be in line? Who would you ideally want? For me Muller or Cavani

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sure he'll stay, Levy wouldn't have done a loan deal if there was no agreement in place for next season.

G.I.

Juniors
Pretty sure he'll stay, Levy wouldn't have done a loan deal if there was no agreement in place for next season.

But Harry has just said if he wants to stay he is going to have to take a massive pay cut and put his career ahead of money.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
But Harry has just said if he wants to stay he is going to have to take a massive pay cut and put his career ahead of money.

think you'll find thats a regurgitated news article from during the transfer where he has already agreed to take a paycut for next season, thats why the negotiations took so long

none of Levy's loan deals are done without an agreement in place for a permanent move

there will no doubt be incentives in place that will effect his wage, like Spurs finishing 4th etc

hawker

Juniors
Would still like another quality striker though. Defoe as the second striker doesn't inspire much confidence if Adebayor goes down

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
supposedly got Leandro coming in January but at the rate he is scoring goals atm I wouldn't be too surprised if he gets scooped up by a bigger club

hawker

Juniors
supposedly got Leandro coming in January but at the rate he is scoring goals atm I wouldn't be too surprised if he gets scooped up by a bigger club

Apparently Liverpool are favourites. Getting above them might help us secure him

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't agree they are favourites, never even seen anything to suggest they are interested.

We apparently already have an agreement in place and we also have an arrangement with Internationale as thats where we got Sandro from. The interest I saw was from Chel$ki and one of the big Spanish clubs who can easily offer alot more money than we can. He's averaging about a goal a game atm and his price has risen since we have spoken to them.

boxhead

First Grade
Just read Milan are now favourites for him

Don't believe anything you read in the European press when it concerns transfer rumors.
Two things work in our favor - assuming it is just Chelsea and one of Barca/Madrid chasing him;
1. The actual club partnership Spurs have with Inter.
2. We would be able to give him the most opportunities. I don't know just how good he is but I doubt he would start ahead of Drogba, Torres, Higuian, Benzema, Messi and Villa (assuming they are the chasers).