What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Parker has been a surprise, he's just about been our best player atm, he's outplayed Modric so far.

Still only early days though.

boxhead

First Grade
Very true, Parker was always going to be a great purchase, he is a quality player. He is a real workhorse in both attack and defense, he complements Modric and VDV perfectly.

Deacon

First Grade
Huddo would be a valuable sub atm the last 20mins he would add heaps and that shot he has is second to none. But in sayin that I argee if Parker was to go down then I'd be worried

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its obvious that aitch rates Sandro pretty highly, so much so that he pushed Modric out to the right wing to accommodate Sandro for his first game against Wigan, which took a while for Modric to get into the game.

I dont think it will be long before we see Lennon back from injury in a 5 man diamond midfield with Ade up front on his own, although harry is a 4-4-2 man through and through in the ELP.

hellteam

First Grade
Fifa 12 ratings -

Modric 88
VDV 87
Bale 86

and we are 5 star team.. bit over the top maybe?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Probably based on what we achieved in CL last year

I think Bale is still living off his form against inter in the CL last year, he's been a bit quiet since then which comes with his age, he's just turned 22 and his best years are ahead of him.

Last week was his best game for ages.

VDV and Modric are up there though.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Won 3-1 against Shamrock Rovers in Europa this morning with a second XI team.

Lennon had his first game back from injury and it looked like he hadn't played for years. Tom Carroll controlled our midfield, Townsend replaced Lennon and was also one of our best, he plays much better as a mid rather than a fullback.

Giovanni Dos Santos played his best ever game for Spurs, albeit against average opposition, but he seems to have shaken off the laziness and really worked hard.

Replay is on ESPN at midday today.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, he has done well so far, 3 goals in the futures league already and he's only 16, scored 2 against Inter

I just wish they would stop referring to him as the next Drogba, everyone out of the Ivory coast gets called the next Drogba and it gets a bit old

boxhead

First Grade
If it weren't for everyone in the house and the neighborhood trying to sleep, I would of run around screaming WALKER!!! That is reminiscent of Danny Rose's goal two years ago.
Realistically, we were for the most part dominated in midfield until Sandro came on; VDV was good in the first half but he slackened off to let in the goal.
Bale had a field day, we had the better chances than Arsenal and made them count; Defoe, Bale, Adebayor and Parker could easily have had goals as well.
Still, just like we have done the past few years, we triumphed over adversity and had it where it counts.
Incidentally, what chant are we going to devise for Walker? He has been fantastic this season for mine regardless of the goal, he was troubled defensively today but he covered well for the most part.

boxhead

First Grade
Wenger being a child again, he refused to shake Clive Allen's hand after the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what else do you expect from the worst sportsman in the premier league ?

while Walker's goal was a match winner he still needs to work on his defence, he plays more like a winger sometimes and can give his opponent far too much room

dunno what more I can say about Sandro, my fav player and rate him higher than Modric and he's still such a kid, we had some huge offers for Sandro from Spain and Italy in the last window, I reckon this kid can be something special and he's no where near match fit yet

boxhead

First Grade
Agreed regarding Walker. He's a fantastic attacking fullback, but he is exposed in defense. He will get better with age though; it also didn't help that for most of the game he was playing as the right winger and basically had no support in defence.
I think everyone watching the game could tell the complexion of the game changed when Sandro came on, he is a remarkable player; I'm not sure if he has more potential than Modric, but I do know he is one of the best young midfielders in the Premier League and we are going to have a fight on our hands trying to keep him.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think our defence looks better with Charlie at the back and Walker on the wing, but he's not gonna push both VDV and Lennon of the right wing and Lennon cant even got on the bench atm

so hard to fit all our mids on the ground at the same time, its a waste having Sandro on the bench, his impact was immediate and Parker is just a machine in that he never stops running

Latest posts