What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Just read Milan are now favourites for him

old news, been around for about a month that one

just consider for a moment you have Ibra, Robinho and Pato, why would you chase and inexperienced striker

I'd say thats just paper talk

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we were talking about €12 million initially, Inter now saying he is worth about €25 million

dunno what Levy will pay but no doubt he wont pay that much

boxhead

First Grade
I think because of the club partnership we have preference on Inter's players right? Only problem is, if a club comes in with a bigger offer I am guessing it won't matter? Hopefully we can get the price down, if we really want him I'd expect £20 million would be our highest offer? That Champions League money must be around somewhere.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, we haven't spent jack shit but we gotta get our new stadium sorted so its a bit of a juggling act

one thing for sure is that we will be getting a striker of some sorts because it looks like Pav is gone

I would think if we get Leandro it will be between 15 and 20, cant see Levy paying more than 20 for anyone atm

boxhead

First Grade
I remember you said we are also forming a partnership of sorts with Real Madrid? If that's the case, the Neymar situation could potentially help us a lot.
If Neymar goes to Madrid, I'd expect that one of Higuain or Benzema will be sold. I know we wouldn't be able to compete with other clubs for their signature but it is something to consider at least. We would have to spend an extra 5-10 million though.
Then there's Llorente and several others.

boxhead

First Grade
We can't buy Plympic Park but we can lease it. Surely we'd be able to get in over West Ham now?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I remember you said we are also forming a partnership of sorts with Real Madrid? If that's the case, the Neymar situation could potentially help us a lot.
If Neymar goes to Madrid, I'd expect that one of Higuain or Benzema will be sold. I know we wouldn't be able to compete with other clubs for their signature but it is something to consider at least. We would have to spend an extra 5-10 million though.
Then there's Llorente and several others.

the partnership is moreso between Dan Levy and Jose Mourinho which is how we ended up with VDV

they are very good friends and I imagine any relationship we have with them may end when Jose leaves

We have spoken to Benzema a coupe of times but they need him for now. Llorente is fairly cheap and his wages are only about 50K a week, very affordable but I dont think Harry is too keen on him for some reason.

G.I.

Juniors
the partnership is moreso between Dan Levy and Jose Mourinho which is how we ended up with VDV

they are very good friends and I imagine any relationship we have with them may end when Jose leaves

We have spoken to Benzema a coupe of times but they need him for now. Llorente is fairly cheap and his wages are only about 50K a week, very affordable but I dont think Harry is too keen on him for some reason.
What's chance on Higuain if the Neymar deal goes through?

Last edited:

WireMan

Bench
We can't buy Plympic Park but we can lease it. Surely we'd be able to get in over West Ham now?

West Ham fans hope so..

I think neither of you are going to be happy.

The decision to lease the ground basically blows Spurs and Orients legal battle out of the water.

They both get an opportunity to lease the ground. Orient cannot afford it, and Spurs want to knock it down so won't be interested. This means West Ham will be the only team in for it.

Basically, West Ham are having the stadium and there is nothing anyone can do.

Spurs have been offered help by the Major for improving infrastructure around Tottenham. They will probably take this and build the new stadium in the original plans, except possibly scale it back a bit.

Deacon

First Grade
2 points dropped, oh well still unbeaten for a while. Harry didn't say a time frame on Ledley afterwards, but did say Adebayor was only as 80% during the match

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ledly has done an abductor muscle and is expected to miss about 3 weeks

Latest posts