What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
RAMS RAIDED

Juande Ramos felt we gradually wore down Derby as we ran out 3-0 winners at Pride Park on Saturday.

Few could argue we were the better side for the first 68 minutes - Roy Carroll made some key saves, Derby had one big chance missed by Giles Barnes - but Robbie Keane's opener, a tap in after Steed Malbranque's shot was parried, appeared to sink the Rams while we grew stronger and stronger.

Younes Kaboul fired in the second after Pascal Chimbonda nodded Aaron Lennon's corner into his direction and substitute Dimitar Berbatov capped a hugely-impressive cameo performance off the bench with a penalty in injury time.

"Football games last for 90 minutes so I think you must look at the overall picture," reflected Juande.

"I think that Derby worked so hard for the first hour that the effort they used started to tell in the last 30 minutes and that is where we were able to make use of it."

Juande insisted it was a game he was determined to win when he brought Berba into the action. "It was 0-0 and we wanted three points, it was always an important three points for us," he said.

"Sure, he played his part in the team's magnificent effort in winning the game.

"We have got lots of big games coming up in the next few weeks and the idea is not to rotate the squad, but to give some players a bit of rest, and it was Berbatov's turn."

There was also praise for Jamie O'Hara, who was introduced for Kevin-Prince Boateng at half-time. "I think it was a bit 'hurry-scurry' in the first half," added Juande.

"We needed someone like Jamie to put his foot on the ball, slow the game down and get hold of the ball and pass it a little bit more.

"I think that brought a little bit more order to the game and he did that very well."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/ramsraided.html

decent away win

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
1-0 at half time in the return game against Slavia Prague at WHL, goal to Ryan O'Hara

we're up 3-1 on aggregate, 45 minutes to go

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
1 all at FT, through to the final 16.

Very ordinary second half from Spurs, obviously focusing on Sunday.

Dragooner

Bench
Oooooo you guys got close to being embarrased. Lucky, obviously lookin towards Sunday but.

I've never supported for another team that loudly for a LONG time.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Saint Dragon said:
Oooooo you guys got close to being embarrased. Lucky, obviously lookin towards Sunday but.

I've never supported for another team that loudly for a LONG time.

funny thing is, when we bought all the big guns on from the bench, we actually played worse

Deacon

First Grade
Carling Cup Champions 2008
:D:D:D:D
and once more europeon football for another year COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
carling_340_47687.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.