What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragooner

Bench
I'm well aware of that.

It was just a nice sight after being away and checking the computer the next morning only to find we dropped points again...that 4-1 at least made me smile.

Deacon

First Grade
Defensive duo return for Spurs

Tottenham defenders Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate are in the squad for the UEFA Cup last-16 clash against PSV Eindhoven at White Hart Lane.

King's knee has been rested since the Carling Cup final win against Chelsea, while Woodgate has shaken off the sprained ankle he suffered in the Wembley victory.

Alan Hutton is ineligible, Gilberto (calf) and Michael Dawson (hamstring) have been in full training but Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee) and Gareth Bale (foot) are expected to miss the rest of the campaign.

Spurs (from): Robinson, Cerny, Chimbonda, Lee, Tainio, Gilberto, Dawson, King, Woodgate, Kaboul, Rocha, Huddlestone, O'Hara, Jenas, Malbranque, Lennon, Zokora, Boateng, Taarabt, Keane, Bent, Berbatov.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wanna see Gilberto play. He is yet to stap on a boot for Spurs

Pretty amazing backline of Gilberto, Woodgate, King and Hutton, then next year we gotta fit Gareth Bale back in there. And to think at the start of the season we were using midfielders in our defensive line.

We need at least 2 nil at our home game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
that was disappointing on many levels, not just the 0-1 result, but we had so many opportunities to score in the second half and could not convert any of them

oh well............its only HT

Deacon

First Grade
Twizzle said:
that was disappointing on many levels, not just the 0-1 result, but we had so many opportunities to score in the second half and could not convert any of them

oh well............its only HT

yer PSV deserved at worst a draw in the shame that goal came from a defensive error and Gilberto on debut too Grrrrrr

fish eel

Immortal
tough away leg coming for you guys now.

psv are a good side.

Like most good dutch sides, tactically, they are very good. Be interesting to see what Ramos comes up with.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Gilberto looked pretty good, very pacy

he also looked very rusty, he hasn't played for a bit

I reckon he'll go OK

PSV are a good side, credit where its due

Deacon

First Grade
4-0 win over the Hammers 2 headers to Berbs and 1 for Bent and a debut goal for Gilberto in his debut epl game, solid performance heading into Thursdays away leg at PSV

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
incredible game, so many chances

4 all at WHL after Chelski threw the kitchen sink at us

Gooners can once again thank us for saving their spot on the table

Deacon

First Grade
yer great game Chelsea everything to play for quite funny, great effort to come from 1-0 down then 1-3 down then finally 3-4 down, woulda been even better if Berbs scored right on full time probably one of the best if not saves of the season from Cudicini

skeepe

Immortal
Tottenham deserved to win that game. Chelsea's second goal should have been pulled up for offside. How lucky was Ashley Cole to stay on the pitch after that leg breaker?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Feelin Hornby said:
yer great game Chelsea everything to play for quite funny, great effort to come from 1-0 down then 1-3 down then finally 3-4 down, woulda been even better if Berbs scored right on full time probably one of the best if not saves of the season from Cudicini

Berby would have slipped that shot past the keeper 9 out of 10 times, but I'm not really disappointed with the result

great fight and fitness from spurs, great spectacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts