What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Shines

First Grade
As much as I wanted Spurs to f**k over Chelsea, that make our quest for a Euro spot just a bit harder.

Come on you Spurs indeed, but most importantly, COME ON CITEH!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
from COYS

Dimitar Berbatov has given a strong indication he will stay at Tottenham for the long-term after winning his first trophy with the club.

Berbatov, who struck a fine penalty kick to cancel out Didier Drogba's free-kick to take the final into extra time, has been constantly linked with a move away from White Hart Lane.

But the Bulgarian international has set his sights on winning many more trophies with the club and said: "I am here, I want to win things and hopefully this is the first of many for me. It means a lot to beat Chelsea, they are a fantastic team.

He's a believer: Berbatov reacts after scoring the Wembley equaliser from the spot
"When the final whistle blew it was an indescribable feeling. Everyone was happy and it was great to see so many smiles. It's a major trophy and we wanted European football again.

"This is our moment, but on Tuesday we start again. We have important games ahead of us. We have big goals ahead of us. The manager is a winner and he knows how to win things. This is his first trophy and I hope it's the first of many."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen the game but from reports we did a lot of experimenting, especially in our defensive line

Teemu Tainio lined up in an unfamiliar full-back role behind Jamie O'Hara down the left flank, while Pascal Chimbonda moved inside to centre-half alongside Younes Kaboul. Tom Huddlestone and Didier Zokora occupied the central midfield berths, deep of an attacking duo of Darren Bent and Dimitar Berbatov.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/matchreport010308.html

JJ, Keane and Lennon all rested, or on the bench.

It appears that Ramos has decided we've already qualified for UEFA by winning the Carling Cup so the EPL seems to be less important.

Ledley King is only being played in UEFA cup games so it looks like Silverware is all Ramos is interested in from here on in.

fish eel

Immortal
Twizzle said:
I haven't seen the game but from reports we did a lot of experimenting, especially in our defensive line

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/matchreport010308.html

JJ, Keane and Lennon all rested, or on the bench.

It appears that Ramos has decided we've already qualified for UEFA by winning the Carling Cup so the EPL seems to be less important.

Ledley King is only being played in UEFA cup games so it looks like Silverware is all Ramos is interested in from here on in.

Can't blame him

Whats to win for you in the premier league? The Carling Cup result means you're in europe next year regardless of where you finish in the league. Might as well put your resources into something you can win.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe so fishy, I still thought it odd some of the team changes he made on Saturday night

Playing players out of position and basically a second string team in an EPL game that we were expected to win, I wonder what the fans who forked out their hard earned thought about the game.

There maybe method in his madness, but I cant for the life of think what it could be.

fish eel

Immortal
Twizzle said:
Maybe so fishy, I still thought it odd some of the team changes he made on Saturday night

Playing players out of position and basically a second string team in an EPL game that we were expected to win, I wonder what the fans who forked out their hard earned thought about the game.

There maybe method in his madness, but I cant for the life of think what it could be.

I think his method Twiz is winning the UEFA Cup now.

How has an outstanding record in cups.

Given your league position, you're not going to threaten top 4. Qualification for the UEFA Cup through league position would have been a struggle as well - but the Carling Cup has solved that.

I'd say he was more concerned about PSV this week than the premier league.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
absolutely

he made that fairly clear now, I just feel sorry for the EPL diehards that go to the games week in week out

Ramos has never lost a cup final so here's hoping

fish eel

Immortal
Twizzle said:
absolutely

he made that fairly clear now, I just feel sorry for the EPL diehards that go to the games week in week out

Ramos has never lost a cup final so here's hoping

I think they'll forgive him if he wins the UEFA Cup.

Of course, they might be a bit pissed if you dont get past PSV which will be tough.

Then of course, you'd still need to beat at some stage Bayern Munich ;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
fish eel said:
I think they'll forgive him if he wins the UEFA Cup.

Of course, they might be a bit pissed if you dont get past PSV which will be tough.

Then of course, you'd still need to beat at some stage Bayern Munich ;-)

should be easier than beating Chelski

Deacon

First Grade
fish eel said:
TBH, I'd be worried if we play you. We're not that convincing at the moment.

Hmmm yes that would be a good game, good to see our focus is 100% on the cup now, I like the way Ramos gave alot of players a chance the other night v Birmingham just showed that some cant make it and that when the season ends theyll be on the way out, the result obviously wasnt good but gees was a smart move.

Deacon

First Grade
Saint Dragon said:
Who cares 4-1 :lol:

Something to ligthen up my day :D

You may see more results like this too, no point on playin full strength team in the league this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts