What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deacon

First Grade
skeepe said:
Tottenham deserved to win that game. Chelsea's second goal should have been pulled up for offside. How lucky was Ashley Cole to stay on the pitch after that leg breaker?

yer agree, mind u Hutton has a metal Leg :p

Eddie.

Bench
For the nutural, that must of been an unreal game.

For a Chelsea fan, it is utterly infuriating.

Anyway, Joe Cole was magnificnet. Abserloutly scintilating was his level of skill and technique.

Tottenham deserved the draw. Ashley Cole should of been sent off and Chelsea's second goal was offside. Chelsea nearly got away with the points but fritted it away with another defensive error.

I hate Avram Grant. We is not a winner and proves it more and more in the big matches. What a turd he is.

Well played Spurs, a Premier League Classic.

Mong

Post Whore
This game against Pompey is fun to watch..

It's snowing pretty heavy there at times...

steven_tiger

Juniors
Was a dominate performance against Pompy.

C/Should have won by more. Several chances going close but just missing.

Two goals in under a minute helps.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it was pretty much a reserve grade Pompey side with a lot of their players being rested for the FA cup match

anything less than 2 zip would have been a failure for us

we dominated possession but not the score board,

good watching Berby and Keane together, they know one another's game pretty well

Deacon

First Grade
yer two scrappy goals though good as we got another clean sheet, also good to see Defoe in the stands and not on the pitch

Deacon

First Grade
1-1 HT with the Toons, not very happy after having $100 on us at 2.15 for the ht ft double, specially when the last kick of the half was a Nicky Butt goal

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
far too much experimenting in that game

it looks to me like they really don't care what happens from here on in the EPL

Deacon

First Grade
im excited this may be the best signing in years and yes better then the great Berbs......

Spurs equal record fee for Modric
_44602593_modric203.jpg

Modric has scored three goals in 24 appearances for Croatia

Tottenham have revealed they will equal their record transfer fee by paying £16.5m for Luka Modric.
The amount Spurs will pay Dinamo Zagreb for the Croatia midfielder is the same as they agreed to sign striker Darren Bent from Charlton in June 2007.
Tottenham confirmed the terms of the deal to the Stock Exhange on Tuesday. They will pay the £16.5m in instalments over the next four years.
Modric has agreed a six-year contract, subject to gaining a work permit.
Watch him dazzle in the Euro Championships come June!

fish eel

Immortal
Modric, I dunno how he will go in the epl.

he isnt the biggest player, the epl will be much more physical than what he is used to, he'll be closely marked and pushed off the ball a lot.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I reckon he'll be fine. He's quality. P1ssed all over the likes of Lampard, Gerrard and Barry when he played against England.

fish eel

Immortal
he will take some adjustment though. he'll get the sh*t kicked out of him when he plays the likes of bolton, boro, sunderland, wigan etc.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he'll be fine, he is class

he wont be our biggest signing this summer, this will be our biggest spending spree ever

I expect Berby to go to Barca and we get some one who is more consistent and doesn't have mood swings

btw Eto'o was seen at WHL yesterday and spent along time talking to Ramos

I love a good rumour

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I was reading the other day an article on Ramos and apparently when he first came to Tottenham he watched them train/play and was unimpressed with the back four positioning and movement.

So, for a week he basically made the entire back four play tied to each other with rope. The idea being that he allowed the correct maximum length between each defender at all times, Plus they could feel when one defender was 'behind the line'.

I found that very interesting.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
some of the rumoured signings that Ramos is attracting are quite unbelievable, and he's already pulled off the biggest coup

they are only rumours at this stage but still, its a reason to get excited

Berbs is only about 50/50 currently but the money we are asking will let us splurge big time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts